Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

This is a discussion on Official Nexus One VERIZON thread! within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Originally Posted by jsilvers525 makes sense as i posted a while ago. i knew it had to do with 2.1 software since the droid kept ...

Page 178 of 400 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180188228278 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,780 of 4000

Thread: Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

Quote Originally Posted by jsilvers525 View Post
    makes sense as i posted a while ago. i knew it had to do with 2.1 software since the droid kept getting delayed and the hardware passed through FCC a while ago. hope you're right. i'm kind of expecting n1 to be out in a week or two but won't be surprised if it's not.
    I know it sounds like a "my cousin's brother's aunt from Nebraska told me so.." But like I said, my co-worker's dad works for VZW and there are 3 of us engineers waiting for the news of release. I'm dropping my Curve, he's dropping his Storm and the other buddy is switching from the iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle07 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cole View Post
    they're talking about n1 and incredible!!!!!!!!! good find
    The Gizmodo article has nothing to do with the Incredible or Nexus One. It has to do with the rapid increase in Android market share in the US. Given the rate of constant growth, Android is expected to take over the iPhone in US internet traffic next month.

In fact, the article mentions the Droid as the phone that has brought android to such an unprecedented level of popularity, which is why verizon would have tweeted about it, as it is their flagship phone. Next time read the article, instead of adding to the hype machine.
    Furthermore, if the purpose of Verizon's tweet was to draw attention to the fact that Droid has brought popularity to Android (as you are suggesting), why not quote a line from the article where that was stated? Instead the line they chose to quote was
    "(W)hen will Android overtake the iPhone? Try next month."

I would rather not delve into the state of mind of verizon's social manager. However, Twitter only allots 140 characters of text. It would be very difficult to get the quip about the Droid, the growth of android, and a link into 140 characters while retaining readability.

i believe you but earlier in this thread somebody said the same thing (might have been you lol) about the 23rd and it never happened. it might have supposed to happened then but for some reason didn't. i really hope it does and think it might this time but not 100% definite.

i believe you but earlier in this thread somebody said the same thing (might have been you lol) about the 23rd and it never happened. it might have supposed to happened then but for some reason didn't. i really hope it does and think it might this time but not 100% definite.
    I will eat the Crow, I was one of the parties that said the 23rd. That's the info I got from his Dad as well, but like you said, now it came down to the 2.1 update.

FWIW, the talk about iPhone to VZW is true but VZW told Apple to piss-off after Apple said VZW couldn't have any input on their software/programs.

The Gizmodo article has nothing to do with the Incredible or Nexus One. It has to do with the rapid increase in Android market share in the US. Given the rate of constant growth, Android is expected to take over the iPhone in US internet traffic next month.

In fact, the article mentions the Droid as the phone that has brought android to such an unprecedented level of popularity, which is why verizon would have tweeted about it, as it is their flagship phone. Next time read the article, instead of adding to the hype machine.
    Furthermore, if the purpose of Verizon's tweet was to draw attention to the fact that Droid has brought popularity to Android (as you are suggesting), why not quote a line from the article where that was stated? Instead the line they chose to quote was

I would rather not delve into the state of mind of verizon's social manager. However, Twitter only allots 140 characters of text. It would be very difficult to get the quip about the Droid, the growth of android, and a link into 140 characters while retaining readability.
    Weak argument. "Moto Droid pushes Android OS to popularity." That's 43 characters. Suit yourself though.

Weak argument. "Moto Droid pushes Android OS to popularity." That's 43 characters. Suit yourself though.
    Oh please. My argument makes sense given the contents of the article. Yours, on the other hand, has absolutely no empirical proof and is riding on a gut feeling. Android OS will be pushing out more data traffic next month than the iPhone with or without the Incredible or Nexus One. Therefore it makes no sense to assume that they are referencing to either (especially the N1).

Verizon would want their announcement for the Incredible to be a bang, not a whisper.

I hate it when people make systems needlessly complex by reading into them. It is a big pet peeve of mine.

Hmm, from all this new news coming about the 2.1 updates and such. I feel like the March 23rd date was SUPPOSED to happen however, it probably didn't because 2.1 was having problems for VZW thus causing the delayed wait. This seems like a probable solution seeing as a lot of the news that a lot of people are finding out are related to 2.1 updates and such.

it will be when they start campaigning for it. why would they say android will beat iphone next month when droid's been out for so long. engadget's or gizmodo whoever posted the article is going on gut feeling as vzw made no official announcement on anything or what it meant. you think what you want and i think what i want but don't tell me i'm wrong and "next time do this".

Oh please. My argument makes sense given the contents of the article. Yours, on the other hand, has absolutely no empirical proof and is riding on a gut feeling. Android OS will be pushing out more data traffic next month than the iPhone with or without the Incredible or Nexus One. Therefore it makes no sense to assume that they are referencing to either (especially the N1).

Verizon would want their announcement for the Incredible to be a bang, not a whisper.
    See, this is exactly what the moderators have been getting after us for -- ridiculing others' ideas just because you don't agree. Belittling others for ideas/theories they post. Why do you have to be so ornery?

I hate it when people make systems needlessly complex by reading into them. It is a big pet peeve of mine.
    Lol, then maybe you are on the wrong thread. That's pretty much all this one is. We're just looking for something to hold us over until the N1 comes out. Sorry it bothers you so much.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links