Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

This is a discussion on Official Nexus One VERIZON thread! within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Originally Posted by vizzle07 You are correct -- Cyanogen does come with apps2sd. Google is also working on a solution that will allow app storage ...

Page 181 of 400 FirstFirst ... 81131171179180181182183191231281 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,810 of 4000

Thread: Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle07 View Post
    You are correct -- Cyanogen does come with apps2sd. Google is also working on a solution that will allow app storage on the SD card. Hopefully it will be a feature of the next Android OS. That way you get SD app storage without having to root the phone (if that's not your thing...)
    Oh okay cool cool. Good for them, I wonder how many nexus one owners stay stock/locked/unrooted.

Which brings up another point...

I was all about rooting the phone and installing Cyanogen right away, but I'm starting to rethink it. Apparently (and really, I should have realized this) you don't get OTA android OS updates once you root the phone. So you have to wait for Cyanogen (or whatever other developer you choose...) to incorporate the android OS update into their mod and release their own update. Kind of a turn off since one of the big features of the N1 is that it gets OS updates first.

Thoughts?

you could always force update where you do it manually.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle07 View Post
    Which brings up another point...

I was all about rooting the phone and installing Cyanogen right away, but I'm starting to rethink it. Apparently (and really, I should have realized this) you don't get OTA android OS updates once you root the phone. So you have to wait for Cyanogen (or whatever other developer you choose...) to incorporate the android OS update into their mod and release their own update. Kind of a turn off since one of the big features of the N1 is that it gets OS updates first.

Thoughts?
    Wow. I had no idea about that! I was just starting to consider rooting today but with that info it ain't happening.

YOU COULD FORCE UPDATE WHICH MEANS YOU DO IT MANUALLY! this is more annoying but a rooted phone is that much better and you can always manually update the official os releases.

Yeah, the developers of cyanogen usually release updates really fast though. So if 2.2 or something gets leaked or potentially releases one day. Cyanogen is usually allover that stuff the next day.

I've heard from others that they release updates extremely frequently.

Actually its been pretty much confirmed like a month ago that the Incredible isn't underclocked to 768mhz.

An insider with a test device said it peaked at 998mhz and idled at 268 mhz or something like that. Basically, it still runs at 1ghz.

The HTC Incredible is looking to be better than the Nexus One specs-wise, though the difference between the two is very slim right now except for 8mp camera, sense ui, 8gb movinand.

usually cyanogen releases updates before google does.

Quote Originally Posted by jsilvers525 View Post
    YOU COULD FORCE UPDATE WHICH MEANS YOU DO IT MANUALLY! this is more annoying but a rooted phone is that much better and you can always manually update the official os releases.
    No need to yell. Didn't see your post prior to mine.

lol i wasn't yelling my plan worked though to get your attention! SORRY IF YOU THOUGHT I WAS YELLING! no but really once the verizon nexus one comes out i'm probably going to root it the next day.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links