Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

This is a discussion on Official Nexus One VERIZON thread! within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; then what screen protector? There are so many cases and screen protectors out there. I want to know which actually work. Which ones have been ...

Page 183 of 400 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185193233283 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 4000

Thread: Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

then what screen protector? There are so many cases and screen protectors out there. I want to know which actually work. Which ones have been tested. I want to see them on and dropped over and over again without breaking.

i bought one but don't have a nexus one yet so can't tell you. check out the accessories forum.

Quote Originally Posted by jsilvers525 View Post
    YOU COULD FORCE UPDATE WHICH MEANS YOU DO IT MANUALLY! this is more annoying but a rooted phone is that much better and you can always manually update the official os releases.
    This is only partly true.

Yes you can update manually, but only if you are willing to dump your rom and flash back to the stock OS.

But if what others are saying is true, it sounds like Cyanogen stays on top of new OS releases anyways. That definitely makes me feel better about rooting. The Cyanogen rom is the one that interests me most anyway, so as long as they're on top of things, I'm good.

ok im no tech wizard..what do you mean by "rooting"?

android equivalent of jail breaking

so how long do you think before the bootloader is able to be relocked? or is it even possible? thats the only thing keeping me from rooting. the fact the phone won't be backed by verizon and google WILL most likely check your bootloader if you ship it in for a problem. i just don't wanna unlock and root only to have my screen crack in my pocket or what not (completely irrelevant to rooting) and then not have my phone fixed, especially if i pay full price for it.

however if i am able to get asurion for it, then i will root asap.

normally i hack everything i own. i just feel hesitant about the n1 when i may have to drop close to 6 bills on it

regarding thethering. IF you do it without root, from what i see you have to pay verizon another $30/month and it is not unlimited. I don't mind that it isn't unlimited, i just don't want to have to pay $30/month every single month. I would like to use it some months and not use it other months.

And what about tethering apps? Do you have to root before you use these?

Once we do get the phone, and this forum goes away.. where will be the place for all information on rooting.

I certainly want to make sure i get the official updates and can "un root" so i can get support when i need it.

Quote Originally Posted by danjfoley View Post
    regarding thethering. IF you do it without root, from what i see you have to pay verizon another $30/month and it is not unlimited. I don't mind that it isn't unlimited, i just don't want to have to pay $30/month every single month. I would like to use it some months and not use it other months.

And what about tethering apps? Do you have to root before you use these?

Once we do get the phone, and this forum goes away.. where will be the place for all information on rooting.

I certainly want to make sure i get the official updates and can "un root" so i can get support when i need it.
    you can add it for the month you use it and only pay for those months

Quote Originally Posted by flyingguy View Post
    ok im no tech wizard..what do you mean by "rooting"?
    here's a great article about rooting that also explains step-by-step how to do it:

Video Tutorial: Hack your Nexus One | DroidDog Android Blog

it only takes him about 10 minutes to perform the whole thing. Pretty cool stuff.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links