Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

This is a discussion on Official Nexus One VERIZON thread! within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Originally Posted by MrGoodCat so how long do you think before the bootloader is able to be relocked? or is it even possible? thats the ...

Page 184 of 400 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184185186194234284 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 4000

Thread: Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

Quote Originally Posted by MrGoodCat View Post
    so how long do you think before the bootloader is able to be relocked? or is it even possible? thats the only thing keeping me from rooting. the fact the phone won't be backed by verizon and google WILL most likely check your bootloader if you ship it in for a problem. i just don't wanna unlock and root only to have my screen crack in my pocket or what not (completely irrelevant to rooting) and then not have my phone fixed, especially if i pay full price for it.
    I don't believe that relocking the boot loader will ever be possible. I could be wrong, but I've never heard anything indicating that you could do that. It's similar to how a new computer has a seal on the back, and if you break the seal your warranty is void. No going back.

Quote Originally Posted by MrGoodCat View Post
    however if i am able to get asurion for it, then i will root asap.

normally i hack everything i own. i just feel hesitant about the n1 when i may have to drop close to 6 bills on it
    That is something I am interested in as well. I have always insured my phones. The $5 to $7 a month is totally worth it to me. I really hope that will be available.

if you root and get tethering for free, won't verizon notice the huge increase in bandwidth and do something about it?

the acessories forum just doesn't give much information on what cases to get. You have people talking about the 3 main cases i posted above, but no one really actually testing them out and seeing if you can drop the phone with them on. (I guess who wants to actually go try it!)

Can anyone find a site that reviews these things and actually drops the phones with them on.

Also someone mentioned that with the cases on it might not fit into the dock. Well that's a selling point right there. I need to know for sure that it fits into the dock. I'm not going to take the case on and off every night.

Quote Originally Posted by danjfoley View Post
    if you root and get tethering for free, won't verizon notice the huge increase in bandwidth and do something about it?
    I tether on my droid and never had any problems withVZW sayin anything...

how does 3G speed compare with say fios 10/M speed. How fast is 3G anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by danjfoley View Post
    I wouldn't risk it. This isn't anything new -- there have been apps around for a long time that allow you to tether without incurring additional carrier charges. But if they catch you... Watch out! Read some of the reviews posted on TetherBerry (a tethering application for blackberry):

Tether for BlackBerry - Communication & Internet BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store

scroll through to the 1-star reviews. Apparently several people were charged a $175 fee and their contract was terminated. Not worth it to me

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle07 View Post
    I don't believe that relocking the boot loader will ever be possible. I could be wrong, but I've never heard anything indicating that you could do that. It's similar to how a new computer has a seal on the back, and if you break the seal your warranty is void. No going back.
    So google / built this into andriod? It doesn't seem to be trick or anything to unlock the boot loader.. just hold down the trackball and power on.

They designed it this way, so they must know that people want to root it. Meaning it won't be long till someone comes with an OS update application that runs in root and takes care of such things for us.

It won't be long for a ton of root applications. We won't need to know exactly how root apps do what they do. Just that we know how to root the nexus one so that apps have root access.

Now, will this become a security issue? Will root google apps go thru a verification process to make sure they are only doing what they say they are doing?

I wish i could see all the apps in the market, but you can't do that without being on the phone.

actually i'm probably 100% wrong. I bet root apps aren't from the marketplace. You probably have to download them and install them yourself.

google did make it so you can unlock the bootloader but it's a little harder then you explained. you need to mount it to your computer and type in a few commands but it's really easy.

Well but the first step, you load up holding down the trackball. Then it has an actually screen saying "are you sure you want to do this etc.. etc.. "

it's a part of the phones functionality to unlock the bootloader.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links