Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

This is a discussion on Official Nexus One VERIZON thread! within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Maybe verizon is making sure google gets rid of the whole unlocking the bootloader part. That is something verizon would do. And hell i can't ...

Page 185 of 400 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195235285 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 4000

Thread: Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

Maybe verizon is making sure google gets rid of the whole unlocking the bootloader part. That is something verizon would do.

And hell i can't blame them. How they hell do you expect them to stay the #1 network without stopping people from using to much bandwidth. AT&T can't even seem to handle the traffic the regular iphone generates by itself in heavily populated areas like NYC.

Quote Originally Posted by danjfoley View Post
    Maybe verizon is making sure google gets rid of the whole unlocking the bootloader part. That is something verizon would do.

And hell i can't blame them. How they hell do you expect them to stay the #1 network without stopping people from using to much bandwidth. AT&T can't even seem to handle the traffic the regular iphone generates by itself in heavily populated areas like NYC.
    that would be SO lame.

I doubt it though.

i highly doubt they'd do that as google is in charge of the phone. they didn't do anything to the droid. i'd be so sad if that did happen but it most likely will not.

well i at least expect them to limit the bandwidth so people tethering don't get the network clogged up.

I think that would be fare as long as the cap is something realistic. Like 50 G or something like that.

well i at least expect them to limit the bandwidth so people tethering don't get the network clogged up.

I think that would be fare as long as the cap is something realistic. Like 50 G or something like that.
    I don't know if I'd even expect that. Don't get me wrong -- I'm with you. I don't like the idea of a bogged down network due to people tethering their phones watching Hulu or what not. But given the fact that several devices over the years have been capable of tethering and no cap has been set yet, there's nothing to indicate that they'll set one now.

Just my $0.02.

I read that back, and it came off wrong I think. They have set a cap on the tethering they have control over. But apps like the one I mentioned above (for blackberry) haven't led to a data cap.

WHEN WILL THEY RELEASE THE BLOODY PHONE!!!! getting so tired with VZW bull****. Just give us a date at least or release the damn phone.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle07 View Post
    if you root and get tethering for free, won't verizon notice the huge increase in bandwidth and do something about it?
    I wouldn't risk it. This isn't anything new -- there have been apps around for a long time that allow you to tether without incurring additional carrier charges. But if they catch you... Watch out! Read some of the reviews posted on TetherBerry (a tethering application for blackberry):

Tether for BlackBerry - Communication & Internet BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store

scroll through to the 1-star reviews. Apparently several people were charged a $175 fee and their contract was terminated. Not worth it to me
    I have an lg dare and v pack (unlimited "phone browsing") and I have been tethering to my laptop for about a year now. I dont download any big files or or many small files in one day, and I surf the web a 1-4 hours on the days I use it (bout 5-8 Days a month).

I never had a problem, Just dont abuse it and your good. remember its free but not legal and they can F*** you for it

Nexus One Verizon Surprise?

Has anyone else seen this?

Verizon's Nexus One expected to come with a new surprise? (Phone Arena News)

Any guesses as to what the surprise might be?

ahhah yea look a few pages back
    flash
    fixed capacitive buttons along with trackball colors
    possibly a new color

Quote Originally Posted by jonagpa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle07 View Post
    if you root and get tethering for free, won't verizon notice the huge increase in bandwidth and do something about it?
    I wouldn't risk it. This isn't anything new -- there have been apps around for a long time that allow you to tether without incurring additional carrier charges. But if they catch you... Watch out! Read some of the reviews posted on TetherBerry (a tethering application for blackberry):

Tether for BlackBerry - Communication & Internet BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store

scroll through to the 1-star reviews. Apparently several people were charged a $175 fee and their contract was terminated. Not worth it to me
    I have an lg dare and v pack (unlimited "phone browsing") and I have been tethering to my laptop for about a year now. I dont download any big files or or many small files in one day, and I surf the web a 1-4 hours on the days I use it (bout 5-8 Days a month).

I never had a problem, Just dont abuse it and your good. remember its free but not legal and they can F*** you for it
    I didn't know the dare could tether. Either way, I'm sick of mine. It always freezes and the browser is garbage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links