Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

This is a discussion on Official Nexus One VERIZON thread! within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Originally Posted by Yadao I didn't know the dare could tether. Either way, I'm sick of mine. It always freezes and the browser is garbage. ...

Page 186 of 400 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188196236286 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,860 of 4000

Thread: Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Yadao View Post
    I didn't know the dare could tether. Either way, I'm sick of mine. It always freezes and the browser is garbage.
    yeah and it doesnt need extra other software, really usefull. I actually just lost it yesterday, I think I left it at a Radioshack. for some reason I was not devastated by it. now I am using my GFs old Chocolate 2 in pink. this nexus one needs to be here soon, my manhood is at stake!

Quote Originally Posted by BigE"s DROID View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by danjfoley View Post
    if you root and get tethering for free, won't verizon notice the huge increase in bandwidth and do something about it?
    I tether on my droid and never had any problems withVZW sayin anything...
    Doesn't T-mobile allow tethering? Is this not the case with VZW?

HTC Incredible UPDATE - Verizon | Forums and Blogs - Verizon Community

Read the second post.

NEXUS ONES WILL BE SERVICED AT VZW STORES!!!!

^ That is the supposed "surprise" i believe. Would make sense and would be smart.

Ok, what does rooting the phone do? It is like duel partitioning the phone? I'm so confused...

i am really stricken with which phone to get.

I could get an htc incredible, (come on guys, you know it has the same specs as N1, but better camera) but with sense ui, or an N1

can anyone tell me if you can disable the sense ui via rooting ? (im going to be rooting the phones no matter what) and
    what exactly is sense ui?

I also forgot, but I reported that he was told they will be selling the Nexus One in stores - I was wrong. He got word that they WONT be selling it in store, but they will be servicing the device. So that should settle any confusion people had, I know i've heard that Googles service SUCKS and just only recently opened a phone line for support
    That's what he said in the forum. But we've heard a lot of other false information from many VZW people. What makes you think this one is any better?

Quote Originally Posted by septimas View Post
    i am really stricken with which phone to get.

I could get an htc incredible, (come on guys, you know it has the same specs as N1, but better camera) but with sense ui, or an N1

can anyone tell me if you can disable the sense ui via rooting ? (im going to be rooting the phones no matter what) and
    what exactly is sense ui?
    I've never done it myself, but someone else on this forum recently was saying that Sense can be disabled in settings. Personally, I hope it can as I at once love HTC phones but don't care for Sense UI. Sense UI, to answer your second question, is an HTC proprietary user interface that overlays Android (or in some cases WinMo). Supposedly, its responsible for saving WinMo and seems quite popular.

First time poster, so please be kind. I've had my phone for 4 years with vzw, and planned on getting the droid until I heard about the nexus one. I've been waiting patiently, even though my phone is literally broken (will only text, cannot make calls). I really want the nexus one, but since it seems that there is not even a solid rumor as to when the n1 is coming out, what would happen if I bought a droid now and then returned it within the month? I heard about the restocking fee, but if the n1 were subsidized could i buy the droid, return it and still get a subsidized n1 price?

i think but you pay like 45$ or something not really sure. the nexus one is supposedly coming out this week. i think it will definitely come out within the next two weeks though.

Quote Originally Posted by nihilion View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BigE"s DROID View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by danjfoley View Post
    if you root and get tethering for free, won't verizon notice the huge increase in bandwidth and do something about it?
    I tether on my droid and never had any problems withVZW sayin anything...
    Doesn't T-mobile allow tethering? Is this not the case with VZW?
    When i had BB i had to pay extra for tethering.... I have never asked because it might throw a red flag and i dont want anyone shutting me down....I have rooted my Droid and i have a wireless tether and its the best tether device i have ever used!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links