Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

This is a discussion on Official Nexus One VERIZON thread! within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Originally Posted by jaeisber @menace...unlikely for the N1 since it will not be sold in stores. No reason for VZW to clear space for a ...

Page 209 of 400 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210211219259309 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,090 of 4000

Thread: Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

Quote Originally Posted by jaeisber View Post
    @menace...unlikely for the N1 since it will not be sold in stores. No reason for VZW to clear space for a phone they will never touch.
    It's not about clearing space. It's about selling as many of those phones as they can, because people aren't going to buy them (as much) when the N1 comes out. They don't want to be stuck with loads of inventory that won't sell.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle07 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by menace View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cdd543 View Post
    And really the bogo deals won't affect a device sold only direct through google.
    But it's a collaboration between Google and Verizon, if Verizon asks Google to hold off for a sec until they can sell a little bit more of their old smart phones... I think Google would oblige.

And of course I'm not stating this as a fact. Just want some opinions.
    I've been saying this for weeks, so obviously I agree. However, you'll find it's not a very popular theory here for whatever reason.
    Well, I agree with you.

Just because Verizon won't be physically handling the phone doesn't mean they're not gonna lose sales. In fact, if the N1 were to be released right now I bet the sales of their older smartphones will decrease DRAMATICALLY.

also they spent so much money on the droid campaign. that is probably why you don't here verizon talk about the nexus one.

but do you know how much verizon makes off data plans??? all people with a verizon nexus one will have a voice and data plan. that's were the money's at. sure they'd make a little more if they sold it directly but they make most of their profit off the service.

Quote Originally Posted by jsilvers525 View Post
    also they spent so much money on the droid campaign. that is probably why you don't here verizon talk about the nexus one.
    That is true.

I guess the Droid isn't selling out as fast as they want?

And maybe that's why they keep mentioning the Droid and their other smartphones when people ask about the Nexus One?

I dont know about where everybody lives, but in the Twin Cities here there are billboards with Droid ad's on them ALL OVER THE PLACE still.

Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    I dont know about where everybody lives, but in the Twin Cities here there are billboards with Droid ad's on them ALL OVER THE PLACE still.

Same here in the DC Area....

Droids Rock :D

but do you know how much verizon makes off data plans??? all people with a verizon nexus one will have a voice and data plan. that's were the money's at. sure they'd make a little more if they sold it directly but they make most of their profit off the service.
    Yeah, obviously they make more money on their service than they do selling phones. But, they have to purchase inventory from the phone manufacturers. And that costs money. And if they've got loads of inventory and a newer, MUCH better phone comes out, all of a sudden they've got a problem. No one wants the older phones anymore, and they're stuck with all that inventory that they can't sell. That could be very expensive.

I believe that this is the reason for the BOGO (or at least one of the reasons for it). And I also believe that if Verizon requested it, Google would wait to release the N1 until Verizon has had time to sell off some of that inventory. This just makes sense to me. It's a win-win for Google anyway, since it's still getting more Android handsets out there.

vizzle i guess you didn't see my post. i was saying that they're trying to squeeze out all the last droids they can since they spent so much money on its campaign. other people were saying though that verizon doesn't benefit from the nexus one so i was just saying they did.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links