Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

This is a discussion on Official Nexus One VERIZON thread! within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; but you don't know how many stable roms there will be for it. there aren't that many good roms for sense phones. the droid g1 ...

Page 221 of 400 FirstFirst ... 121171211219220221222223231271321 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,210 of 4000

Thread: Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

but you don't know how many stable roms there will be for it. there aren't that many good roms for sense phones. the droid g1 and n1 are all complete android so have many good roms. it was just recently that the droid eris got rooted

Quote Originally Posted by jsilvers525 View Post
    but you don't know how many stable roms there will be for it. there aren't that many good roms for sense phones. the droid g1 and n1 are all complete android so have many good roms. it was just recently that the droid eris got rooted

hmmmmmm............ good point.

I will most likely get whichever one is released first, but i personally thing the incredible is a little bit better. How long does it usually take to find a root?

really depends...also take into consideration that FROYO is due for the first half of 2010 (within next few months) and the nexus one will get it instantly while the incredible will not get it for months after.

Quote Originally Posted by septimas View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle07 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by septimas View Post
    why do you guys bag on sense ui? lol you do realise you can go to settings, and turn it off....

also htc incredible has 150,000 in stock ready to be shipped within next week, And its processor is the same, they confirmed. its at 998 mhz just like the nexus one.

Basically, if your waiting, I first was going for the nexus one ,but then i realised i wanted a camera also ( i have no camera, and i use facebook/myspace alot) so i could easily upload photos on the go, and htc incredible has an 8mpxl camera, which is a great deal breaker.

And for everyone that is curious, You can disable sense ui

all it is, is a home screen theme
    its not that big of a deal

I do hope nexus / incredible is released soon, i cannot wait at all i want to get my hands on a good phone, im stuck with a ****ty razor.
    This is not accurate. Sense UI is a complete user interface and the homescreen is only one part of it. And the "disable" that you talked about only disables the Sense homescreen. All other features of Sense remain active. The only way to actually completely "turn it off" is by rooting the phone and installing a different ROM on it.
    Which i intend on doing anyway.
    That's fine -- I think most people will. Though it will be a while (probably not too long) before someone writes a custom ROM for the Incredible.

I just didn't want anyone to be confused by the inaccurate parts of your post. To clear things up:

1. Sense is NOT simply a "home screen theme". It is a custom user interface that runs on top of Android OS. Phones that run Sense UI have to wait longer for Android OS updates because they have to wait for HTC to update Sense after Google releases an OS update.

2. Sense cannot truly be disabled or turned off without rooting the phone and installing a different ROM. Source: Sprint Evo 4G: You ask, we answer | Android Central (yes I'm aware that the article I'm linking is about the EVO 4G, but the things they explain about Sense UI apply to all devices running Sense)

Just so you don't have to dig through that article, here's the part I'm referencing:

What are they putting in FROYO anyway?

It's more about the hacking community behind the phones that determines how fast they get rooted etc..

The reason why the ERIS didn't get stuff that fast was probably because of how low end it is somewhat.

But yea, the Nexus One will probably have one of the largest hacking communities just like the G1.

This is why the iPhone is so good...........one huge community, all hacking on the same device, and all the updates are done manually all at once.

Phased updates kind of suck, but at least you can also do it manually even though it's not technically the official way.

Google Envelopes turns Gmail into snail mail, wraps it in precisely routed Maps printout -- Engadget

googles full of april fools it seems maybe they can get serious tomorrow and announce something legit heh

really depends...also take into consideration that FROYO is due for the first half of 2010 (within next few months) and the nexus one will get it instantly while the incredible will not get it for months after.

What is FROYO?

If i root it, can i just install the regular droid OS without sense ui?

froyo is the next android os which is said to be a major update. nobody knows what it will include but it is said to be a major improvement headed for the first half of 2010.

froyo is the next android os which is said to be a major update. nobody knows what it will include but it is said to be a major improvement headed for the first half of 2010.

Okay personally, do which phone would you reccomend? if they are both out right now for the same price etc.

the nexus one is out but not for t-mobile yet and the incredible isn't out yet. i'm going to get the nexus one when it hits verizon.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links