Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

This is a discussion on Official Nexus One VERIZON thread! within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Originally Posted by sandman I to would like to see the phone in VZW stores. Google would definately make a lot more money. I believe ...

Page 23 of 400 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    I to would like to see the phone in VZW stores. Google would definately make a lot more money. I believe that they would make their first anticipated qouta. As for VZW, I have learned that with every phone that they release, they seem to allow the anticipation for the phone to build and then they start with the ads, and then finally they release it. I know that it is annoying, but they say that patience is a virtue. I too have been waiting for this phone to come to VZW and am beyond excited to see what the hype is all about. I would be coming from a bb. So we shall see.

As for price, that woud be nice to know to know. That and how VZW will work its upgrades. However, I have gotten use to their anticipation build..........Didn't say that I like it, but use to it.
    unfortunately..the nexus will ONLY be sold through google. I have a friend who works for google and he said this is what they are being told. It will also be around the same price as the T-moble version. But he also told me, and this is the bad news, is that it is the same terms as t-moble. the ONLY way you can upgrade WITH the upgrade discount is at the end of your contract. Since vzw is not directly selling the phone, google does not have to abide by the vzw rules and regs reguardin upgrade pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingguy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    I to would like to see the phone in VZW stores. Google would definately make a lot more money. I believe that they would make their first anticipated qouta. As for VZW, I have learned that with every phone that they release, they seem to allow the anticipation for the phone to build and then they start with the ads, and then finally they release it. I know that it is annoying, but they say that patience is a virtue. I too have been waiting for this phone to come to VZW and am beyond excited to see what the hype is all about. I would be coming from a bb. So we shall see.

As for price, that woud be nice to know to know. That and how VZW will work its upgrades. However, I have gotten use to their anticipation build..........Didn't say that I like it, but use to it.
    unfortunately..the nexus will ONLY be sold through google. I have a friend who works for google and he said this is what they are being told. It will also be around the same price as the T-moble version. But he also told me, and this is the bad news, is that it is the same terms as t-moble. the ONLY way you can upgrade WITH the upgrade discount is at the end of your contract. Since vzw is not directly selling the phone, google does not have to abide by the vzw rules and regs reguardin upgrade pricing.
    lame...so...i'm eligible for an upgrade now but my contract doesn't expire until june. google just lost a customer.

What does it matter if I wait 4 months to re-up to a new 2 year contract or do a new 2 year contract when the phone comes out? The logic doesn't make sense.

except google won't suffer at all from you not buying their device. you actually save money in the long run if you buy it full price b/c you can go on a family plan and plus you're not locked into a contract. So you can buy a n1 and say in a few months another vzw phone comes out you can buy that one too for a subsidized price and switch between the two. I don't like the policy but isn't all that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by jsilvers525 View Post
    except google won't suffer at all from you not buying their device. you actually save money in the long run if you buy it full price b/c you can go on a family plan and plus you're not locked into a contract. So you can buy a n1 and say in a few months another vzw phone comes out you can buy that one too for a subsidized price and switch between the two. I don't like the policy but isn't all that bad.
    family plans aren't contracted?

besides, i wouldn't need to buy it unsubsidized if i got a new 2 year plan, a subsidized n1, and then upgraded the plan to a family plan later.

so has this been confirmed yet?

- only individual plans (no fam plan)
    - can't use ne2
    - upgrade can only be done if your contract is up?

nothings been confirmed yet. if you buy phone at the full price of 530$ or w.e it will be for vzw, your not locked into any contract what so ever and can use it on family plan or any existing plan. this is how it is for t-mo and most likely vzw.

HTC begins to ship Nexus One CDMA to VZW

Just read this artical, looks like I may be right about April.

HTC begins shipping CDMA Nexus One to Verizon Wireless? Probably not Boy Genius Report

On another note I've been trying to get to the "Get Phone" page on the N1 site & it seems to be down. (fingers crossed)

Quote Originally Posted by Sid 6.7 View Post

HTC begins shipping CDMA Nexus One to Verizon Wireless? Probably not Boy Genius Report

On another note I've been trying to get to the "Get Phone" page on the N1 site & it seems to be down. (fingers crossed)
    Hmm...works fine for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sid 6.7 View Post

Same for me...the Get Phone link isn't loading here in Jersey.

Works fine in Colorado, however I was disappointed when I saw that VZW was coming soon. LOL......

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links