Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

This is a discussion on Official Nexus One VERIZON thread! within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; yeah man- works fine in White Plains (NY)...

Page 24 of 400 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

yeah man- works fine in White Plains (NY)

Quote Originally Posted by flyingguy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    I to would like to see the phone in VZW stores. Google would definately make a lot more money. I believe that they would make their first anticipated qouta. As for VZW, I have learned that with every phone that they release, they seem to allow the anticipation for the phone to build and then they start with the ads, and then finally they release it. I know that it is annoying, but they say that patience is a virtue. I too have been waiting for this phone to come to VZW and am beyond excited to see what the hype is all about. I would be coming from a bb. So we shall see.

As for price, that woud be nice to know to know. That and how VZW will work its upgrades. However, I have gotten use to their anticipation build..........Didn't say that I like it, but use to it.
    unfortunately..the nexus will ONLY be sold through google. I have a friend who works for google and he said this is what they are being told. It will also be around the same price as the T-moble version. But he also told me, and this is the bad news, is that it is the same terms as t-moble. the ONLY way you can upgrade WITH the upgrade discount is at the end of your contract. Since vzw is not directly selling the phone, google does not have to abide by the vzw rules and regs reguardin upgrade pricing.
    O well, it is what it is.

Its going to be a long next week...

So you won't be able to add it to a family plan when you order it?

Quote Originally Posted by jaeisber View Post
    Its going to be a long next week...
    :suicide_fool-edit: Yes a very long one!

If the only way to upgrade a line on my family plan is to buy it for the full $529 then i might have to reconsider getting a nexus one.

I know it seem ridiculous at first but you won't be locked into a contract and don't have to pay for an indivisual plan. You'll save money in the long run.

So if i bought it without a contract i would be able to use the minutes and text messages from my family plan and the only thing i would add would be the data plan?

And if i bought without a contract, i wouldnt have to wait till my contract expires as opposed to buying it subsidized, right?

If so, why arent family plans contracted? I could remember my brother buying a droid for its subsidized price and they just stuck it on our family plan. They shouldnt make it any different for the nexus one!

And if i do buy it unsubsidized, would i be able to keep my same phone number? This will just replace the contract with my voyager to a non-contract one, right?

Or will i still have my contract with my voyager along with the non-contracted nexus one?

Quote Originally Posted by Nguyener View Post
    And if i do buy it unsubsidized, would i be able to keep my same phone number? This will just replace the contract with my voyager to a non-contract one, right?

Or will i still have my contract with my voyager along with the non-contracted nexus one?
    I am not sure how contracts work with Verizon. I have been using a business phone for the past 2 years and havent actually had my own personal contract with Verizon or any other provider (was part of my parents family plan).

This may be a question for another thread, but if I have nothing with Verizon right now (or any other provider for that matter) can I buy the unsubsidized N1 and avoid getting in to a 2 year contract with Verizon by going month to month?

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links