Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

This is a discussion on Official Nexus One VERIZON thread! within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Originally Posted by jsilvers525 yea same here. i'm getting which ever comes out first unless if the n1 does and isn't subsidized. and say i ...

Page 260 of 400 FirstFirst ... 160210250258259260261262270310360 ... LastLast
Results 2,591 to 2,600 of 4000

Thread: Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

Quote Originally Posted by jsilvers525 View Post
    yea same here. i'm getting which ever comes out first unless if the n1 does and isn't subsidized. and say i get the incredible and the nexus one comes out 2 or 3 weeks later i can always give back the incredible and get the n1. i think the incredible might have a camera. it's a mini evo 4g kind of and nobody thought that would of had one. who knows i just really rather the nexus one but am fed up waiting as my phone is coming to shreds.
    what jsilvers? not you... you cant give up now. Your the most positive guy here.

say the incredible comes out before the n1 and there is still no word on an official release date, i'll get the incredible but give it back before the 30 days so i can get the nexus one. pretty much the only way i won't end up with a nexus one is if they come out with a nexus 2 for verizon or if the incredible is somehow better (it won't be i'm 100% sure somehow). i say this today but i guarantee i change my mind 100 times by tomorrow.

screw it i'm waiting. i don't care i'm FOCUSED!

found this on the incredible forum. sorry i'm never going back there. nexus one all the way. i found this and thought it might be interesting. we all know reps don't know s*** but what this person claims the rep said makes sense somewhat. i hope it's true and there's no news so i might as well post this. Alright so i just got back from my Verizon Wireless store (Corporate) and this is how the story went down...

Rep 1: Hi, How may i help you?
    Me: (looking at the DROID) Yeeaaaahh.... Well i was wondering if you guys had any new smartphones coming out?
    Rep 1: Not soon, no.
    Me: What about any HTC phones?
    Rep 1: Well, there is the Nexus One, which is Google branded but manufactured by HTC, that should be coming out soon.
    Me: Anything other than that?
    Rep 1: Hmmm, i don't think so...
    Me: What about the HTC Incredible?
    Rep 1: Yes.. i have heard of that one *looks over to another rep and says* hey Michael (made up name, i forgot his real name lol) do you know anything about the Incredible?
    Rep 2: Yeah.. i have heard that it is supposed to be a monster, but i have yet to see it in my hand.
    Me: Do you know when it might come out?
    Rep 2: I believe it is May Jun-ish!
    Me: WHAT?! Are you serious? It is almost as if the Nexus One and Incredible are never going to come out.
    Rep 2: Well, the Nexus One should be out very soon, the reason for the delay was because there were 3g issues so we wanted to release it without any problems. And the Incredible is taking a while because they had to wait for 2.1 to come out and then upgrade their Sense UI to work properly on the phone.

Now the interesting part....
    1) The reps both said Nexus One coming out soon, so maybe Monday is probable.
    2) This Verizon store is in the mall and always has the windows covered with advertisement, mostly DROID. Today; NOTHING! It was just to bare! It has me thinking that the Incredible might be releasing soon because Verizon stores only advertise their flagship phone. Since November 2009, that has been DROID and those posters have stayed there until now. I believe that the Incredible MUST be coming out soon.. i am really looking forward to next week. I think we should have some good news.

everything in orange he said by the way

it's been TOO QUIET lately somethings up. I'll be back tomorrow going out peaceeee

Very interesting post. Makes me hopeful. I want to stick it out for the Nexus One no matter how long it takes. I've been driving my girlfriend nuts every time I talk about it. hehe

Well i guess Monday turns into the next "should be date"...guess we just have to wait and see

Hi all,

Long time lurker here... I've been refreshing this thread and google.com/phone about 10 billion times a day in anticipation of the N1... I'm a Droid user with 2.1 (finally), but I'm dying to get my hands on Google's flagship.

A couple thoughts I just want to get off my chest:

1. Seems to me that it is obvious that Google controls when the N1 will be released. That said, it also seems clear that Google is accepting SOME input from VZW, i.e. VZW wanted the release delayed at least until it could clear some of its Droid and Eris stock. Which leads to...

2. The reality is that the N1 will not--repeat: will NOT--be a direct competitor to the Droid, Eris, and/or Incredible for 99.99% of VZW's consumer base. I think we all have a skewed view of this issue because 99.99% of readers of this thread WILL buy the N1 instead of a Droid, etc. The N1 will be sold on google.com/phone, which is out of the reach and over the heads of almost all VZW customers. My point is, I think its silly for VZW to want Google to hold off on the N1 release.

3. Given that VZW has only tangential involvement in the release decision, I think its safe to say that NOT A SINGLE VERIZON "REP" knows ANYTHING concrete about the release of the N1.

4. I would love to see Google drop the VZW-compatible N1 tomorrow, on "iPad Day". It will never happen for several reasons, but man it would be nice to see Google assert its position in the mobile-OS battle.

Anyway, I hope everyone has recovered from the 3/23 debacle--hopefully that VZW radio button will show up on google.com/phone soon...

Flash

welcome flash. I must say the 3/23 debacle still stings when i think about it. Its just a matter of time

Well, I'm officially all about the incredible now. Google lost their chance... The Incredible forum is finding new things about the Incredible daily. It is already in their computers and it has never even been announced!!! I'm tired of being in the dark. I like the Nexus One so much better but it simply isn't worth it anymore. :mad:

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links