Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

This is a discussion on Official Nexus One VERIZON thread! within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Nexus one.... I'll be waiiiiiiiiiiting..............Patiently...

Page 266 of 400 FirstFirst ... 166216256264265266267268276316366 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,660 of 4000

Thread: Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

Nexus one.... I'll be waiiiiiiiiiiting..............Patiently

I think that's why it's been so quiet in this forum.
    No one cares nor believes what these blogs/"news" portals have to say anymore and it's not worth our time or strength to argue over what's true and what's not since they've all been WRONG.

When it comes out it will. Arguing and speculating isn't gonna make it come faster.

But still...... I WANT A RELEASE DATE

Quote Originally Posted by FredyG View Post
    Nexus one.... I'll be waiiiiiiiiiiting..............Patiently
    Liar!!!!! lol

In today's tech world a lot of people make buying decisions based on what tech is the newest (not necessarily which is better)... so it could be possible that which ever phone is released last (N1 or Incredible) could gain considerable market-share over the other.

With this being said... Is it possible that VZW is waiting till after Google's release of the N1 to launch the Incredible and Google is waiting till after VZW releases Incredible to launch N1...?
    Therefore setting in motion a prepetual state of waiting... AHHH... please dont let this be possible...

.... by the way... just rooted Eris to 2.1... very nice...

Quote Originally Posted by drkrishall View Post
    In today's tech world a lot of people make buying decisions based on what tech is the newest (not necessarily which is better)... so it could be possible that which ever phone is released last (N1 or Incredible) could gain considerable market-share over the other.

With this being said... Is it possible that VZW is waiting till after Google's release of the N1 to launch the Incredible and Google is waiting till after VZW releases Incredible to launch N1...?
    Therefore setting in motion a prepetual state of waiting... AHHH... please dont let this be possible...

.... by the way... just rooted Eris to 2.1... very nice...
    Not necessarily, people buy what they hear about also, that's where marketing plays such a big role. Do you think the DROID would have sold that much, enough to pass iPhone sales without their ridiculous marketing campaign?? Nope.........maybe but i highly doubt it. It's also all brand name, iPhone is going to continue to sell a lot not only because it's a pretty good device and that the first one did well but because it's just Apple. It's like all those teenagers getting a Blackberry just because it's a blackberry, and peer pressure too lol

I don't think they are going to possibly release the Incredible later than the Nexus One just because it will be labeled as "newer tech" Nexus one may sell more even if it's worse than the Nexus One because it's got that Google brand name going for it, and the advertisement is already crazy, everyone knows what the Nexus One is pretty much, most ppl do at least.

This was just posted on Androidforums..........take a read, i think you will find it interesting. I know many of you are definitely going to debate this, i would also. But imagine they were right?

Take a look:

Hey guys, I've been rabid about this phone, like many of you all have been. I did some hardcore snooping today, frustrated, and then a call at the end of the day shed some light at the end of the tunnel. Here's my story:

I went to my local Verizon store authorized retailer using my NE2 as a guise for my plan:

Unsuccessful Physical Attempt

Front guy: Can I assist you with anything today?

Me: Yeah, see my NE2 is up, and The Droids just went of BOGO, so I was wondering if you knew when the nexus or the htc incredible is going to hit?

Representative next to Front guy: Uhh... Let me get my manager.

Front guy: Let me get your name real quick, and I'll put you on the list.

Wait.... wait..... wait.... (manager approaches after a few minutes)

Manager: How can I help you?

Me:Yeah, my NE2 is up, and I know the Droids were on BOGO, and that ended, so I may be looking to upgrade soon...

Manager: (cutting me off) let me get your number and the name on the account.

Puts it in, says I'm not authorized, blah blah, I've had problems with this in the past.

Me: so when is the Nexus one coming? I know Sprint is getting it at the end of the month, and VZW is getting it in Spring for sure.

Manager:We're not Sprint, so I honestly don't know.

Me: Oh, well then, are there any new android phones coming out soon?

Manager: We're not getting any new android phones anytime soon.

Me: Not even the Incredible?

Manager: I've never heard of it, so no.

This guy was kind of a dick, like major dick. Upset me how dick-y he was. So I play with some Pre-plus' toying around with the idea that I could just pick one up for a few weeks and see how I like it, then I pull the front guy aside and start talking, turns out we used to work for the same marketing company selling FIOS, kinda gets me in.

Me: So you think you could hook me up with a person at the computer so I can get them to look up a model number for a phone?

Front guy: What for?

Me: Its a new phone coming out, I know its in the system, I've seen the numbers, I want to see if you guys have record of it, its in the cellbrite.

Front guy: Alright, I'll put you down again, not a problem.

Me: sweet thanks man.

Actually... I got no where with the next convo or two, they were all playing dumb, here's the only interesting part:

Me: The model number is ADR 6300, it's an HTC android phone, should be in the system

Guy next to computer lady: Oh, isn't that the Eris?

Me: Close, the Eris is the 6200, this one is the HTC incredible.

Guy: (interesting look, like I just said something that I shouldn't know) oh, okay.
    Lady is ignorant and ends up going on HTC website and is like "naa I don't see it, we only can see current and past phones". All the while my friend is laughing hysterically as I futilely try to pump this knobs for information.

Successful Call:

But I did have one really successful call to an authorized retailer:

Lady: Hello, thank you for calling Verizon Wireless on XXXXXX N XXXXX

Me: This is an authorized retailer of VZW right?

Lady: Yes we are.

Me: Okay cool, see my NE2 is up, and the droids just went off BOGO, and I would prefer not to pay $200 for a phone thats been out for almost 6months, and I know the Nexus is supposed to drop soon, or so says the website, I was wondering if you knew anything about it?

Lady: Yes we do, It's set to drop at the end of the month, we should have them by then.

Me: Alright then, are they going to be available in store?

Lady: Yes they are, they will be for SALE in the store by the end of the month.

Me: Awesome, now do you know anything about the Incredible, and when that is set to drop?

Lady: The phone we are getting IS the Incredible, it's a modified Nexus basically, made for Verizon. You should try out the Eris in the store, because it doesn't have a slide out keyboard like the droid, and it's got some other things that are different, so if you like the eris, then you should definitely wait for this phone.

Me: Interesting, do you know of any other Tweaks besides it missing a keyboard? Like a better camera?

Lady: I can't recall specifically, but I think it has slightly better features than the Nexus one, but definitely uses the same processor.

Me: Great, so I can call back in a couple weeks, or come in by the end of the month and see if you all have it in stock?

Lady: Yes you can!

Me: Thank you very much, I just didn't want to spend the $199 on the droid if something better could be coming out!

Lady: That understandable.

Me: Thanks for all the help, I really appreciate it.

Not saying this VZW rep is right, but it's very very very interesting. Only credibility seems to be from the fact that VZW and Google definitely are debating on a lot of things on the Nexus One though i still think they are 2 separate phones. The only other thing is, what if this is right?? I haven't seen any testing on the VZW Nexus One, there might not be any testing but we have basically zero information on it besides that announcement loooong ago.

So I guess they are saying the nexus one IS the Incredible now lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sampsonight View Post
    So I guess they are saying the nexus one IS the Incredible now lol
    Pretty much............who knows wat the hell Verizon is thinking though.

This would certainly be a "SURPRISE"

new rumor from what we think is this:

HTC Incredible is a beefed up Verizon Nexus One, old verizon Nexus One's already produced will go to Sprint.

Still, the whole purpose of the Nexus One and stock Android goes out the window with this new thing.

But the only reason i think it's possible is because of the Nexus One getting listed as having Sense UI on the Verizon thing, even though they fixed it to take that off.

Oh bang bang, tell us more! pleaase!!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links