Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

This is a discussion on Official Nexus One VERIZON thread! within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Originally Posted by mach330 for the people waiting for the n1 vzw version. if the individual plan holds true and you have to get unsubsidized ...

Page 27 of 400 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

Quote Originally Posted by mach330 View Post
    for the people waiting for the n1 vzw version. if the individual plan holds true and you have to get unsubsidized (or you can't use ne2). how many of you will still get this phone? i for one will get the incredible if this is the case. after all, it's only another month or two (april/may). although i really hope that's not the case cuz i'm sooooooo tired of waiting. my voyager is in it's last leg.
    I would, then probably just use my upgrade for an HTC 4G phone.

Quote Originally Posted by jsilvers525 View Post
    I know it seem ridiculous at first but you won't be locked into a contract and don't have to pay for an indivisual plan. You'll save money in the long run.
    The only way you'll save money in the long run is if you go on a family plan instead of 2 individual plans. Verizon offers no discount in its month-to-month contracts like T-Mobile does.

Quote Originally Posted by CrankyJay View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsilvers525 View Post
    I know it seem ridiculous at first but you won't be locked into a contract and don't have to pay for an indivisual plan. You'll save money in the long run.
    The only way you'll save money in the long run is if you go on a family plan instead of 2 individual plans. Verizon offers no discount in its month-to-month contracts like T-Mobile does.
    Well that is good to know. I was considering getting the N1 unsubsidized to save money in the long run, but I guess now. I may still do it though so I dont have any ETF's should the N2 or N3 come out within 2 years...we will see though.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

ok here is how it will work...you can either buy the phione at the 500+ price...or buy it and add it and switch to a family plan. you will stil get a discount on the phone with a family plan...we have one, and each phone is eleigible for upgrade at differnt times...plus each phones contract expries on different dates...the family plan is mainly to share minutes and such. and ATT got it first BECAUSE they are not cdma like vzw is..since the phone was alreadyg GMA formatted, then of course ATT would/could get it before..so its not that big of a deal!!! plus they would be stupid to not get it first casue they are getting really scared and intimidated because VZW is getting phones that are better than the iphone and that the iphone/apple is trying tog et out of their contract with ATT and go to other networks..and if/when that happens..ATT will lose a LOT of customers...
    so basically either stop complaing and wining about the phone and go to ATT to get it now...or wait a week and get it for VZW and figure out a way to get the phoen cheaper..it would even be cheaper to cxl your current plan..then get the phone at the new plan price..and u will still save a few hundred $$(that is if you dont already have a smartphone since those contacts are a lot more to cxl)

Quote Originally Posted by flyingguy View Post
    ok here is how it will work...you can either buy the phione at the 500+ price...or buy it and add it and switch to a family plan. you will stil get a discount on the phone with a family plan...we have one, and each phone is eleigible for upgrade at differnt times...plus each phones contract expries on different dates...the family plan is mainly to share minutes and such. and ATT got it first BECAUSE they are not cdma like vzw is..since the phone was alreadyg GMA formatted, then of course ATT would/could get it before..so its not that big of a deal!!! plus they would be stupid to not get it first casue they are getting really scared and intimidated because VZW is getting phones that are better than the iphone and that the iphone/apple is trying tog et out of their contract with ATT and go to other networks..and if/when that happens..ATT will lose a LOT of customers...
    so basically either stop complaing and wining about the phone and go to ATT to get it now...or wait a week and get it for VZW and figure out a way to get the phoen cheaper..it would even be cheaper to cxl your current plan..then get the phone at the new plan price..and u will still save a few hundred $$(that is if you dont already have a smartphone since those contacts are a lot more to cxl)
    Wow...lots going on there...

My 'beef' with the AT&T N1 is that there was no word on it coming out this soon...plain and simple. All of the talk was about the N1 coming out for Verizon in the spring/March 23. Then, all of a sudden, on March 16th, Google puts out an AT&T N1. Im not sure if it was necessarily easier since they already had the GMA T-Mobile version. I would assume it requires a new antenna for the different frequency bands, but I could be wrong.

All we want here is the Verizon version...and we are still waiting.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

I was talking to someone in a store, even though this is hard to believe, in short this is what she said " It would be just like buying a Droid or Droid Eris."

Quote Originally Posted by nerve View Post
    I was talking to someone in a store, even though this is hard to believe, in short this is what she said " It would be just like buying a Droid or Droid Eris."
    I hope so. It will be interesting to see how VZW handles the plans for the N1...hopefully Google learned something from the T-Mobile plans and passed it on to VZW for us to benefit from.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

EXACTLY what a verizon employee told me over the phone today. I really think that's how it will be sold. He also said there should be no problem getting it on a family plan. They would treat it just like any other 3G phone they have.

I'm getting really excited, I just got my upgrade so I cannot wait for the N1 to release. It looks so sweet!

Unlocked Phone for VRZ

This has probably been asked a thousand times but forgive me for asking again, but I just became interested in getting an unlocked phone when VRZ releases the N1. So, is it true that if I do get the unlocked N1, can I still use the phone without getting the data plan? I saw something on an ATT link that said that I could used "wifi" with the unlocked phone? Not sure I quite understand that. So I guess I'm asking will I save money but not at the price of losing certain services with VRZ. In the long run that $30 data fee adds up. I'm appreciate any insight on this "unlocked phone" matter. Thanks

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links