Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

This is a discussion on Official Nexus One VERIZON thread! within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Here's my story... I've been with vzw for a few years now, been using the voyager since the day it was released. I got the ...

Page 270 of 400 FirstFirst ... 170220260268269270271272280320370 ... LastLast
Results 2,691 to 2,700 of 4000

Thread: Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

Here's my story...
    I've been with vzw for a few years now, been using the voyager since the day it was released. I got the droid when it came out- loved it, wasn't happy when i got a bill for $150!!! Luckily, I returned it within the 30 days which is right after they lowered their rates and found out about the nexus one coming out. Now this??? I called vzw and my contract is up, so of course the rep asked me about what phone i'm interested in and mentioned the "new every 2" and $100 off a new phone. when i told him the nexus one, he paused and said that he has no information on when it will be released... I'm now torn between tmobile and sticking it out with verizon. everyone i talked to says verizon for the most part. I WANT THIS PHONE!!! but i also know that by the time it comes out on verizon, it'll be one-upped by another phone within a month or two and then i'll be stuck back with a mid-line phone. this technology updating every 4 months is overrated, lol.
    just passing some useless info and rantin and ravin

Quote Originally Posted by FredyG View Post
    Bet choo wont hate them when they release the N1
    I still will, the problem isn't that they're not releasing the phone, the problem is their lack of communication. If today they made the announcement that it was coming out on April 28th it would suck, but not nearly as much as if we had to wait the entire time and guess.

Even an announcement to the effect of "It's still going through testing" would be nice, but instead they say nothing, leaving us, their paying customers, with the speculation of 20 different service reps who give us 20 different answers.

chillax brah

Quote Originally Posted by iamtotus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by loca View Post
    I'm sorry but we're trusting 4chan now? Seriously? SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?!?!
    Honestly, think about it. 4chan may be more reliable than a lot of things we have right now. 4chan is basically the only website where you can have TOTAL anonymity, and where Verizon reps do not have to worry about losing their jobs. Not saying that guy wasn't just some random dude and has no affiliation with Verizon whatsoever, but at the same time, if he is, he may feel as though he has more freedom talking on their than to anybody/anywhere else.

Seriously, we need to stop looking to Verizon for answers. They can't give what they don't have. Heck, T-mobile didn't even know anything about the N1 until after it launched. Need to find sources in Google. Verizon literally can't give any information at all. So, anyone know a person working for Google?

Verizon N1 must be multi band with G3 & LTE support

Since Verizon has stated that it will deploy LTE and cover 30% of the US by year end; introducing a N1 phone in this time frame without it makes no sense in my book for Verizon or Google. If Google is as smart as I think they are they will hold off until this is possible... At any rate I will wait for this phone.

Quote Originally Posted by terry.g.johnson View Post
    Since Verizon has stated that it will deploy LTE and cover 30% of the US by year end; introducing a N1 phone in this time frame without it makes no sense in my book for Verizon or Google. If Google is as smart as I think they are they will hold off until this is possible... At any rate I will wait for this phone.
    Quick Question: What's LTE again?

Quote Originally Posted by rawkerdude5012 View Post
    Verizon's version of 4G (I think)

Quote Originally Posted by menace View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rawkerdude5012 View Post
    Verizon's version of 4G (I think)
    Correct. Its analogous to Sprint's WiMax (which is the draw for the HTC Evo that is coming to Sprint soon, its the first 4G in the US). WiMax/LTE is kinda like GSM/CDMA. Verizon and AT&T are both supporting LTE though so it should eventually become the standard for 4G. Supposed to be much much faster (as in stream HD content and have bandwith to spare) and once LTE launches Verizon customers should have the ability to talk and use data at the same time because voice will use 2G or 3G and data will use LTE.

Ok. Everyone's been excited about Verizon getting the Nexus One but there's been no info on a release date. I was just calling Sprint reps to compare data plans etc since they have the 4g network and I wanted to comparison shop. I'm a teacher and wondered if Sprint had any special deals on the monthly with my district. Anywho, the rep told me he recently got a memo in the past week to get ready for any calls about the Nexus One soon. If Sprint is sending out memos in the last week then we should expect that Verizon might be gearing up for it as well. No hard date, though the rep tried to check for me. I doubt Sprint will get it before VZW so perhaps we can expect the Verizon release really soon. Like next week soon?

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links