Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

This is a discussion on Official Nexus One VERIZON thread! within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Originally Posted by pewpewbangbang As for that person saying tomorrow as the release date..........chances? 15%? My money is on 0.15% chance....

Page 272 of 400 FirstFirst ... 172222262270271272273274282322372 ... LastLast
Results 2,711 to 2,720 of 4000

Thread: Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

Quote Originally Posted by pewpewbangbang View Post
    As for that person saying tomorrow as the release date..........chances? 15%?
    My money is on 0.15% chance.

ok i said i was over the n1 but i am not...haha...

i will wait, only as long as it is subsidized. i thought i was willing to pay full price, but this will be pushing mildly old tech by the time we get it. not saying it will be outclassed soon, but none the less its been out for over three months.

so come on $199.99 n1. and yeah highly doubt we'll see it tomorrow, but hopefully within the next two weeks

Quote Originally Posted by MrGoodCat View Post
    ok i said i was over the n1 but i am not...haha...

i will wait, only as long as it is subsidized. i thought i was willing to pay full price, but this will be pushing mildly old tech by the time we get it. not saying it will be outclassed soon, but none the less its been out for over three months.

so come on $199.99 n1. and yeah highly doubt we'll see it tomorrow, but hopefully within the next two weeks
    It will be subsidized im pretty confidant in that.

The question is, will it be family plan subsidized?

so I got a couple of customers that work at VZW and a friend from school, so I got a friend to call and say his contract was us at ATT and has been looking to switch. Asked if they had any info on the N1. They obviously did not get any info however did mention the incredible and said it will be out soon, not sure when but said it would be out b4 the N1. Everyone here knows how unreliable the sales associates are... heres a theroy not sure if it makes since but what do you think...

when a carrier sales a phone they obviously lose money when the phone is subsidized, so they only way to generate profit (other than contracts) would be the accesorys that go along with the phone. Wonder if they will allow Google to release the N1 at the same time they release the incredible which will be instores. If you think about it, which phone would verizon want to sell the most of, one that Google sales or one that is in the store where they can generate more sales with chargers/cases ect. ect...

Just a thought I had while I sit here and wait for something to happen...Any comments??

They would want to sell the one in-store more. They will make money off both the phone, accessories, and plans with the phone in-store.

For the Nexus One, they only will make money off plans and new subscribers.

Not the first time it came up that the Incredible would come before the Nexus One. Would make sense for VZW.

...they only will make money off plans and new subscribers
    I'd hope that's how it is for phones sold in store as well. Verizon is a wireless carrier, not a phone manufacturer. They should make little to no profit on the phones they sell. If they do make profit, they are marking the phone's list price way up. I know for a fact that they overprice their accessories that you can get online or even at Walmart at way less. When I bought my Dare they wanted 20 dollars for 2 screen protectors.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Yadao View Post
    ...they only will make money off plans and new subscribers
    I'd hope that's how it is for phones sold in store as well. Verizon is a wireless carrier, not a phone manufacturer. They should make little to no profit on the phones they sell. If they do make profit, they are marking the phone's list price way up. I know for a fact that they overprice their accessories that you can get online or even at Walmart at way less. When I bought my Dare they wanted 20 dollars for 2 screen protectors.
    They don't make a huge profit off phones, but they make some money. They have a deal with the manufacturer to sell it in-stores and make a percentage i believe off phone sales. Of course, it's nothing hugeeee but they make some.

In the case of the Nexus One, i don't think they make like any, just plans and subscribers.

I may be wrong but I dont believe they make hardley any money off of any phones. For instance the N1 for over 500 is what the phone cost with a wireless carrier not pitching in and helping lower that cost. They do that to get a 2 year contract which will equate to more money. So, if they release the incredible and ALLOW google to release the N1 at the same time they could market the incredible since they will have it in stores and hope that many will come to the stores and have the N1 fly under the radar...WHO KNOWS..just say something about a release already..

I now know of two people that signed new contracts with AT&T specifically so they could get a N1. If something isn't said soon, AT&T will be where i go as well. I doubt Verizon is going to go broke by not releasing the N1 but they are definatley loosing potential customers. I got to admit AT&T is looking better everyday I wait and nothing is said.

just to answer the question about who makes money off the phones, I know that at my store (Best Buy Mobile) that the Carriers don't make much money if any at all from the phones. I also know that we make more money from the actual new activations and what not than the phones. Some phones like the Iphone we don't even make anything off of.

So I can't wait for this phone to come out already! I get a company line through verizon and It's been the best service I have had yet (alot better then my At&t line).

And One last thing don't trust those reps, they don't know S@#$. =P

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links