Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

This is a discussion on Official Nexus One VERIZON thread! within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Originally Posted by pewpewbangbang Originally Posted by jonagpa Hello, I am making a pit stop (after swearing I wouldn't be back) to tell everyone who ...

Page 273 of 400 FirstFirst ... 173223263271272273274275283323373 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,730 of 4000

Thread: Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

Quote Originally Posted by pewpewbangbang View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jonagpa View Post
    Hello, I am making a pit stop (after swearing I wouldn't be back) to tell everyone who is unhappy with their phone and cant wait anymore for the nexus, there is a solution!!! (unless you already Own it) Go to verizon and get the Droid, keep it for 30 days or less and then return it, its completely free! to avoid the restocking fee ($35) simply dont exchange it for another phone or dont buy a new phone within 3 days of returning the Droid. This is what I am doing now and I am happy! the phone is so cool. the best part is that I get to play with it until the nexus/Incredible is release.

Also as important if you return the phone within the 30 days and dont get a nother phone you can CANCEL your new 2 year contract! so if after a month there is no nexus/incredible I am out and going to another provider.

What do you guys think??
    Yup, was going to do that but im just gonna wait a couple more days now. Too busy to go get a new plan right now anyway so i might as well just wait till i have free time.

As for that person saying tomorrow as the release date..........chances? 15%?

And for the whole VZW doesn't have a role in the release date........they certainly do, just because Google is selling/releasing the phone doesn't mean VZW has to support it, they could easily say, no we don't want your phone and Google has to go somewhere else (sprint). Anyways, what im saying is, VZW has a role in the release date of the Nexus One. The Nexus One has to go through VZW's testing and meet requirements before being released. With all these hardware issues and crap, i doubt Verizon just let google off the hook, the Nexus One has to pass testing and everything before it can be sold and used for the VZW network. It's part of Verizons rigorous expectations and they've upped it ever since the first BB Storm.
    I don't think this is true. I highly doubt that VZW is testing the N1 at all. The logic behind VZW's [supposed] "rigorous" testing program is that they will spend less in the long run on customer support if their devices are more functionally solid. VZW will NOT support the N1 in terms of technical support; it will provide wireless service linked to an ESN and that's it.

When it debuted the DROID and Eris (without crippling features or watering them down with V-Cast, etc), VZW established itself as THE #1 android carrier. VZW would be absolutely stupid to say "no we don't want your phone" to Google.

Quote Originally Posted by pewpewbangbang View Post
    They would want to sell the one in-store more. They will make money off both the phone, accessories, and plans with the phone in-store.

For the Nexus One, they only will make money off plans and new subscribers.

Not the first time it came up that the Incredible would come before the Nexus One. Would make sense for VZW.
    Not to jump all over you, man, but there is no way this is true either.

Obviously, I don't have the numbers to back this up, but I'm willing to bet that VZW LOSES money on most phones--ESPECIALLY smartphones! These devices are EXTREMELY expensive to develop, manufacture, market and especially SUPPORT. On top of all that, by the time economies of scale begin to take effect, the device becomes obsolete. Look at what's happening right now with the DROID and the Incredible.

I'll make another bet that there is are mountains of Incredibles sitting warehouses across the country, waiting for VZW to either squeeze every last penny out of the DROID and Palm Pres (i.e., BOGO, 2 new DROID TV ads) or launch the new marketing campaign for the Incredible, or both.

My conclusion is: WHY in Jeebus' name would VZW turn down the N1 when they stand to make almost all profit by providing the wireless service only?

You act as if the Droid will cease to exist after the N1 or the Incredible are released. They will keep selling.

Quote Originally Posted by CrankyJay View Post
    You act as if the Droid will cease to exist after the N1 or the Incredible are released. They will keep selling.
    I agree in part and disagree in part.

If/when the N1 goes on sale, 99.99% of VZW customers won't even know about it. This is due to the fact that it will be sole on google.com/phone ONLY. The DROID will continue to sell to less-informed Android users (compared to users of this forum, for example).

If/when the Incredible goes on sale, it will be sold in VZW stores. I think that the Incredible will immediately eclipse the DROID, given that its specs are superior in virtually every way. The only potential advantage the DROID has (and this is coming from a DROID owner) is the physical keyboard and only SOME people prefer a physical keyboard. Another possible advantage is that the DROID will prob be priced at $99 or less, post-Incredible, with the Incredible at $199 or so.

Saw my first N1 last night. Only caught a glimpse of it as a guy was putting it in his pocket while we were waiting to board our plane. It was a thing of beauty...now it just needs to come to VZW and all will be right again.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

Question

Well, the rumors/non-sense/google/vzw was driving me crazy around here, so I went away for a few days... Anything good/interesting happen? Any new news?

I just want to say that I lied!
    I made that picture on paint (I was honest about not having photo-shop...haha) Now before you hate me for it, I was doing it for a greater cause. I was trying to persuade people to keep waiting for the nexus one. I think if we make the nexus one the best selling phone we can guarantee that google will come out with a even better phones knowing that their investment will pay off. this will result in many many more customers making the Iphone obsolete and hurting apple bigtime (i hate apple!!) at the same time increasing awareness about android and boosting its popularity and demand making it even more powerful!!
    yep that was my evil plan, hate me if you will
    I don't believe we can achieve that (at least through the nexus) since the phone will be so old, and I am very disappointing that google hasn't given us anything at all. hinting that their support is just as bad

I am out before I get my ass kicked by all that i deceived.

Quote Originally Posted by NexusOneLove View Post
    I made that picture on paint (I was honest about not having photo-shop...haha) Now before you hate me for it, I was doing it for a greater cause. I was trying to persuade people to keep waiting for the nexus one. I think if we make the nexus one the best selling phone we can guarantee that google will come out with a even better phones knowing that their investment will pay off. this will result in many many more customers making the Iphone obsolete and hurting apple bigtime (i hate apple!!) at the same time increasing awareness about android and boosting its popularity and demand making it even more powerful!!
    I don't believe we can achieve that (at least through the nexus) since the phone will be so old, and I am very disappointing that google hasn't given us anything at all. hinting that their support is just as bad

By now I think people were pretty sure you were lying. Also you're a miserable rat bastard.

Most called it as soon as you posted it...including myself. pretty horrible logic if you ask me.

Now lets have jsilvers post this to Android Central...
    Bought the AT&T N1.

No offense, dude, but Helen Keller knew that screenshot was fake

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links