Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

This is a discussion on Official Nexus One VERIZON thread! within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Originally Posted by pewpewbangbang Originally Posted by orjense Originally Posted by vizzle07 I'm not sure how much support you'd get from Verizon once you've voided ...

Page 280 of 400 FirstFirst ... 180230270278279280281282290330380 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,800 of 4000

Thread: Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

Quote Originally Posted by pewpewbangbang View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by orjense View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle07 View Post

I'm not sure how much support you'd get from Verizon once you've voided your warranty by rooting.
    How much is Incredible ?
    You can put it back to stock and Verizon would never know. Unlike the Nexus One, where once you root it, it shows and they can see that you've rooted it.
    I'm not sure how you could possibly know that, being that this phone isn't even out yet. But my understanding is that once the bootloader has been unlocked, it can't be re-locked. Rooting voids your warranty -- period. The manufacturer would be foolish not to give themselves a way to know whether you've done it.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle07 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pewpewbangbang View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by orjense View Post

How much is Incredible ?
    You can put it back to stock and Verizon would never know. Unlike the Nexus One, where once you root it, it shows and they can see that you've rooted it.
    I'm not sure how you could possibly know that, being that this phone isn't even out yet. But my understanding is that once the bootloader has been unlocked, it can't be re-locked. Rooting voids your warranty -- period. The manufacturer would be foolish not to give themselves a way to know whether you've done it.
    Yea but isn't the bootloader only on the Nexus One??? or is it android 2.1
    Sry, im not 100% sure but i thought it was only the Nexus One. I could be wrong, yes im fully aware rooting voids your warranty.

Thing is, you could have root the DROID etc...and im pretty sure they couldn't find out once you put it back to stock. Rooting the Hero etc....you can go back to stock and they couldn't know.

Idk if bootloader is only on Android 2.1 or the Nexus One, someone can clarify that.

Im not 100% sure on this matter so feel free to correct me.

i guess my reasoning behind the "verizon backing the phone" statement was it wouldn't be such a hassle to get the thing fixed or get a new one if there was a major problem. as for the rooting portion, that is where having asurion helps. i am in no way pro screwing verizon if i mess my phone up trying to root/flash. but if something goes wrong with the phone, screens dies, buttons don't work, trackpad dies, i would like to have the ability to have asurion since it will be rooted.

and i have no idea about how they will be able to see if its been rooted. i just know that on the n1 there is the "lock/unlock" picture during the boot loader, pretty easy to catch. it just kinda bugs me that i can root it, then have the trackpad die, then they won't back it cause i am simply running custom software...having nothing to do with the trackpad dying...i know its my own risk, but come on. hence i like asurion.

and who knows, maybe i won't root it. i am just coming from winmo where if you aren't unlocked and running a custom rom, you aren't really using winmo, haha. maybe i'll just love stock android...maybe

1. So iphone 4.0 is being released april 8th. Thinking google will be able to beat this release?

2. Apple is suing HTC. That's going to end up costing a lot of money for google. Why doesn't google retaliate and stop letting apple use google maps on the iphone? What would apple do without that? Or maybe start charging apple a fee to use it. I can't understand why Google doesn't do this.

Quote Originally Posted by danjfoley View Post
    1. So iphone 4.0 is being released april 8th. Thinking google will be able to beat this release?
    Um. It's not being RELEASED - Apple iPhone OS 4 Revealed on April 8 - iPhone - Gizmodo

Quote Originally Posted by menace View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by danjfoley View Post
    Um. It's not being RELEASED - Apple iPhone OS 4 Revealed on April 8 - iPhone - Gizmodo
    Yea, but it's still enough to turn heads away and lose potential customers.

Imagine the Nexus One came out tomorrow...........

Ok revealed. And all the new things it will have come right from andriod. Turn by turn and multitasking. Things that only andriod has.

So what about google pulling maps from apple?

i saw the HD2 today and it wasn't really that big at all. i wish the nexus one had a 4.3 inch screen. or even a 4 inch screen. does 3.7 feel big or not really? i've never seen a nexus one in real life.

Ok an Update for you guys here.....first the Incredable will be released this month. Testers are to get thier devices this week at somepoint. As long as everythiing is ok. we'll see the release..

on the N1.....still look for June and look for the $200 price point. Though sadly it will still only available online.........hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by jsilvers525 View Post
    i saw the HD2 today and it wasn't really that big at all. i wish the nexus one had a 4.3 inch screen. or even a 4 inch screen. does 3.7 feel big or not really? i've never seen a nexus one in real life.
    The N1 screen is big enough to me,,,,,,,,,,,

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links