Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

This is a discussion on Official Nexus One VERIZON thread! within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Originally Posted by KDII Originally Posted by Miami1683 Originally Posted by diablo Hey man, quick question - what do you mean by "they are the ...

Page 287 of 400 FirstFirst ... 187237277285286287288289297337387 ... LastLast
Results 2,861 to 2,870 of 4000

Thread: Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

Quote Originally Posted by KDII View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Miami1683 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by diablo View Post
    Hey man, quick question - what do you mean by "they are the same device"? From the existing N1 and the specs online of the Incredible, a few differences are: Incredible has better camera, N1 has 2 microphones, Incredible has 2 LED flashes, plus the cases look very different... Is this accurate? Thanks!

Ok sorry..slight differences..but same core..snapdragon and stuff....I should be more specific...The incredable will be a very nice device.....
    Have you heard of any specs for the Incredible that were actually confirmed? ie. rom, ram, underclocked? Since all has been speculation.
    Once my buddy get is. Ill get all the info I can and pics also......sorry..i never even asked

Quote Originally Posted by clokwork View Post
    It's still apple...the last I heard is the Storm3 will be better than the new IPhone
    While I would love to believe this, I simply cant

RIM needs to completely overhaul their entire OS in order to be able to play game with the big boys in the consumer market from this point forward imho...

I'd love to know more info about it though!!
    here is a copy and paste from an emailI got '

The rumors have been churning and low and behold the Storm 3 is a real device. I only had about 5 minutes with the device and I could not take pictures or notes. There is also some information I cannot state as to protect the innocent.

The first thing I noticed about the Storm 3 is how much thinner it is then the 9550. Think iPhone thin. It also felt considerably lighter but I did not have enough time to break out my triple beam. There were reports from bbleaks that the boot up time was much faster and indeed it is. I counted to myself and it was 20 seconds from the time I pressed the on button to being fully powered up. Let me discuss the screen for a moment. It is the best screen I have ever seen. The color and resolution is fantastic. Compared to the Moto Droid sitting next to it, blew it out of the water. The UI is different. I cannot get into specifics, but Storm 3 does widgets

Something else I noticed was the speed of processor. I don't know what is under the hood but it was smoking fast even with the beta OS being used. It beat the Droid on every task I threw at it. Hands down the fastest phone I have used.

Now here is where it got cool. Adobe flash was incorporated into the browser and I have to say I was super impressed. Compared to mobile safari, this is better. Full desktop quality rendering of pages. While it looked better pages rendered slightly faster on the iPhone 3GS but faster than the Moto Droid. Another nice addition is tabbed browsing. It is implemented very cleanly into the browser UI.

The camera has been upgraded and is rocking a 6MP beauty. Photos I took on it were fantastic. Available RAM has been increased to 512mb, a nice bump for sure. I wasn't able to see what the SD card was so I have no idea there.

IMO this phone outperforms the Droid in all areas except for available apps (BB APP World is still very small). There were no games installed so I couldn't determine how well this phone performed from a gaming standpoint. Maybe on Round 2 I will be more lucky.

Just when I was about ready to give up on RIM, I am pleased to see the huge strides they have made not only from a hardware but also software perspective.

P.S. Rumors of this having a slider are completely false. There are and were never any plans on combining this phone with a slide-out Qwerty. "

this what I got on that
    Seems like the OS Overhaul that was rumored. One thing RIM has got, is some sick developers and they are pretty smart. Remember that whole conference on them coming with that Webkit browser that blows all the other ones out the water in terms of load times etc........they also don't use much data so it puts less strain on the network.

Well, everything looks VERY VERY VERY promising for them, looks like they make completely change and be a huge competitor to Apple and Android.

Quote Originally Posted by pewpewbangbang View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by clokwork View Post
    While I would love to believe this, I simply cant

RIM needs to completely overhaul their entire OS in order to be able to play game with the big boys in the consumer market from this point forward imho...

I'd love to know more info about it though!!
    here is a copy and paste from an emailI got '

The rumors have been churning and low and behold the Storm 3 is a real device. I only had about 5 minutes with the device and I could not take pictures or notes. There is also some information I cannot state as to protect the innocent.

The first thing I noticed about the Storm 3 is how much thinner it is then the 9550. Think iPhone thin. It also felt considerably lighter but I did not have enough time to break out my triple beam. There were reports from bbleaks that the boot up time was much faster and indeed it is. I counted to myself and it was 20 seconds from the time I pressed the on button to being fully powered up. Let me discuss the screen for a moment. It is the best screen I have ever seen. The color and resolution is fantastic. Compared to the Moto Droid sitting next to it, blew it out of the water. The UI is different. I cannot get into specifics, but Storm 3 does widgets

Something else I noticed was the speed of processor. I don't know what is under the hood but it was smoking fast even with the beta OS being used. It beat the Droid on every task I threw at it. Hands down the fastest phone I have used.

Now here is where it got cool. Adobe flash was incorporated into the browser and I have to say I was super impressed. Compared to mobile safari, this is better. Full desktop quality rendering of pages. While it looked better pages rendered slightly faster on the iPhone 3GS but faster than the Moto Droid. Another nice addition is tabbed browsing. It is implemented very cleanly into the browser UI.

The camera has been upgraded and is rocking a 6MP beauty. Photos I took on it were fantastic. Available RAM has been increased to 512mb, a nice bump for sure. I wasn't able to see what the SD card was so I have no idea there.

IMO this phone outperforms the Droid in all areas except for available apps (BB APP World is still very small). There were no games installed so I couldn't determine how well this phone performed from a gaming standpoint. Maybe on Round 2 I will be more lucky.

Just when I was about ready to give up on RIM, I am pleased to see the huge strides they have made not only from a hardware but also software perspective.

P.S. Rumors of this having a slider are completely false. There are and were never any plans on combining this phone with a slide-out Qwerty. "

this what I got on that
    Seems like the OS Overhaul that was rumored. One thing RIM has got, is some sick developers and they are pretty smart. Remember that whole conference on them coming with that Webkit browser that blows all the other ones out the water in terms of load times etc........they also don't use much data so it puts less strain on the network.

Well, everything looks VERY VERY VERY promising for them, looks like they make completely change and be a huge competitor to Apple and Android.

RIMM actually hired an Apple guy..it will be webkit....im gonna leave it at that. When I get a new email or moreill send a PM..I dont want to take this thread off topic too far

i wish the incredible was the evo 4g but for verizon. also does the iphone on vzw have a camera for i chat? what about screen size and type of screen for both iphone and incredible?

Quote Originally Posted by KDII View Post

Ok sorry..slight differences..but same core..snapdragon and stuff....I should be more specific...The incredable will be a very nice device.....
    Have you heard of any specs for the Incredible that were actually confirmed? ie. rom, ram, underclocked? Since all has been speculation.
    Once my buddy get is. Ill get all the info I can and pics also......sorry..i never even asked
    Awesome! Thanks! It sure is a nice change to hear something positive. You've dispersed the lynch mob!

Quote Originally Posted by jsilvers525 View Post
    i wish the incredible was the evo 4g but for verizon. also does the iphone on vzw have a camera for i chat? what about screen size and type of screen for both iphone and incredible?

sorry was just an internal memo......no real hard info. Would be purly speculation if i said..........just that its coming

if only they had a device that had BBM, built in ipod, and android's widgets/customization. they should all team up for a ultimate device. i'd easily pay 1g for that. never happening. do you have any info on other upcoming devices other then blackberry storm 3, vzw iphone, nexus one, incredible? also was the bb storm 3 screen big? if it's only slightly faster then a 3gs i think it will be obsolete real fast.

Quote Originally Posted by E-man View Post
    Where are you Nexus One CDMA?!
    in a warehouse or something like that
    Haha. *sigh* not with any of us.

ok time for bad for me..........sorry I hope I answerd enough if your questions........have a great night

lol you're my new best friend. also where's jaeisber? he's missing out on the real important stuff. he'll see this tomorrow hopefully.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links