Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

This is a discussion on Official Nexus One VERIZON thread! within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Originally Posted by Backnblack Originally Posted by matty678 If you buy the phone unlocked you can get any kind of plan you want. So yes, ...

Page 29 of 400 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by matty678 View Post
    If you buy the phone unlocked you can get any kind of plan you want. So yes, it is possible.
    100% Wrong, Verizon will not allow any Smartphone without a Data plan, Plain and Simple. Unlocked phone or not.
    What if they do not know its a smartphone. What if you simply sign up for a month to month talk and text plan?
    Bought the AT&T N1.

Quote Originally Posted by jaeisber View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post
    If you buy the phone unlocked you can get any kind of plan you want. So yes, it is possible.
    100% Wrong, Verizon will not allow any Smartphone without a Data plan, Plain and Simple. Unlocked phone or not.
    What if they do not know its a smartphone. What if you simply sign up for a month to month talk and text plan?

As soon as you enter the ESN the data plan will be added. They know it's a smartphone.

yeah, I just talked to a Verizon rep and I was wrong. Any smartphone that was released after november '08 requires a data plan to be activated. They literally don't have the ability to activate a phone, even if you bought the phone unsubsidized (on ebay, etc.) If you get the nexus one you will be required to have a data plan to activate it on Verizon's network.

yeah, I just talked to a Verizon rep and I was wrong. Any smartphone that was released after november '08 requires a data plan to be activated. They literally don't have the ability to activate a phone, even if you bought the phone unsubsidized (on ebay, etc.) If you get the nexus one you will be required to have a data plan to activate it on Verizon's network.
    Hmm...that is unfortunate, but I feel like I remember hearing/reading that somewhere.

Oh well...better to have the data plan anyway.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

corporate discount

The rep also told me that he will definitely be able to apply a corporate discount to any plan after activation. The reason I asked is that I will be coming to Verizon from Tmobile when the N1 is released for Verizon. I am expecting that my plan will be dictated by the website, as it is with the Tmobile version. I get a discount at Verizon through my job and I doubt that option will be available on google's site.
    ...pretty specific info but maybe it will save someone a phone call.

The rep also told me that he will definitely be able to apply a corporate discount to any plan after activation. The reason I asked is that I will be coming to Verizon from Tmobile when the N1 is released for Verizon. I am expecting that my plan will be dictated by the website, as it is with the Tmobile version. I get a discount at Verizon through my job and I doubt that option will be available on google's site.
    ...pretty specific info but maybe it will save someone a phone call.
    Thank you for this! I as well get a corporate discount and I always assumed it would apply, but good to know for sure!

Whats your take?

Sprint | News Release

So it looks like Sprint is getting the N1 soon.

When I first read this, I was irritated that actual news of the N1 on yet another carrier is available, while all we have to go on is rumors, rumors, and more rumors.

But maybe this is a good sign. After all, a CDMA version would work on VZW too. So maybe this announcement means that Verizon's CDMA N1 is ready, and that a Sprint version will follow shortly. I just wish VZW would give us something to go on.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle07 View Post
    Sprint | News Release

So it looks like Sprint is getting the N1 soon.

When I first read this, I was irritated that actual news of the N1 on yet another carrier is available, while all we have to go on is rumors, rumors, and more rumors.

But maybe this is a good sign. After all, a CDMA version would work on VZW too. So maybe this announcement means that Verizon's CDMA N1 is ready, and that a Sprint version will follow shortly. I just wish VZW would give us something to go on.
    This is getting irritating, ha. I agree, I want some confirmed news from VZW and/or Google about the VZW N1. I would be able to sleep better at night knowing when the N1 for VZW is being released for sure.

Anyone know if the bands used on VZW are the same as Sprint?
    Bought the AT&T N1.

" Nexus One will not be available in any Sprint retail channels. It will be available directly from Google at google.com/phone. The online experience of Google's web store is designed with a focus on simplicity allowing consumers to match a phone with the service plan that best meets their needs."

Further confirmation that VZW is likely not to sell the phone in stores.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

Based on what I have found, it looks like the Verizon N1 that went through the FCC supports bands for both Verizon and Sprint...so if Sprint is saying they are getting it soon, that means Verizon can say the same...Lets hope the 23rd is the big day.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links