Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

This is a discussion on Official Nexus One VERIZON thread! within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Originally Posted by nosnhojm So I presume this VZW "council" is some sort of pre-market launch test group that provides limited testing & feedback for ...

Page 295 of 400 FirstFirst ... 195245285293294295296297305345395 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,950 of 4000

Thread: Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

Quote Originally Posted by nosnhojm View Post
    So I presume this VZW "council" is some sort of pre-market launch test group that provides limited testing & feedback for the latest and greatest devices. How do I sign up????
    No kidding...I wonder how people get some of the jobs out there...product testers, etc...
    Bought the AT&T N1.

if it pays good that's my dream job.

Quote Originally Posted by jaeisber View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nosnhojm View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kentoe View Post

hah, yeah none of them have it because it's not on google's website yet and it's not being sold through them
    Agree...who's to say that this "council" will even get the N1? This isn't a VZW product. Google will do their own quality control & user feedback. VZW just has to approve the device for use on their network.
    I think if that were true...we'd have the N1 by now. I think VZW is involved in the testing process, prolonging the release.
    I agree that the VZW testing is prolonging the release; I just don't think the VZW council provides that testing. I may be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by rhuth View Post
    so wait- do they have the incredible for testing still, with the "this month release"? ..just, not the N1?
    No. The last device we received was the Moto Devour. We got it on the day it was released for online sale.

We don't usually receive devices until either its release date, or a couple of days before.

We haven't heard what the next device we will get is. And unfortunately we don't get any pre-release information.

EDIT: by "WE" I mean the VCC.

For those asking... You can't sign up, you have to be invited by Verizon. Membership has been cut down to about 35-40 members nation wide from its original 80 or so at inception. This was mainly due to lack of participation (i.e. not signing into the VCC private forums, not posting, not sending your postal address for the next device to be sent to).

An old post about it which pretty much sums up the council -> [ame]http://www.howardforums.com/showpost.php?p=10050494&postcount=244[/ame] which also includes a link to a long thread discussing the VCC when it was formed...

We don't get pre-release info, we don't get devices to test prior to release. They give us devices, services, software, etc. on or near the release date, then ask us to post about it internally in the private forum and externally on any public forum we wish.

They encourage us to be honest in our feed back, positive AND negative. They have never expelled a member due to his/her feed back, no matter how negative it was.

At one point, based on my NEGATIVE posts in the private forum, they DID put me in contact (via phone) with a panel from Real about their Rhapsody to Go service which was branded/sold as Verizon's Vcast Music wtih Rhapsody. They collected my feed back and my examples, but I never saw any changes in the product or service. IT did feel good to hear them acknowledge the problems and issues, unfortunately most were centered around DRM and its limits so there wasn't much they could have done.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Venture View Post
    so wait- do they have the incredible for testing still, with the "this month release"? ..just, not the N1?
    No. The last device we received was the Moto Devour. We got it on the day it was released for online sale.

We don't usually receive devices until either its release date, or a couple of days before.

We haven't heard what the next device we will get is. And unfortunately we don't get any pre-release information.
    You're talking like you're part of the council. Are you?
    Bought the AT&T N1.

...You're talking like you're part of the council. Are you?
    Yes, and I've edited/added some info to my post above.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Venture View Post

You're talking like you're part of the council. Are you?
    I am too. Good post Mark, check the link to Hofo in his above post.

Mark_Venture

WOW! There's a name I haven't seen in a long time....

Welcome to the boards...you'll have to let us know what you find out regarding the N1 and the Incredible. Most of us are waiting for one or the other to be released.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

I find all of this very... interesting.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links