Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

This is a discussion on Official Nexus One VERIZON thread! within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Originally Posted by jaeisber " Nexus One will not be available in any Sprint retail channels. It will be available directly from Google at google.com/phone. ...

Page 30 of 400 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

Quote Originally Posted by jaeisber View Post
    " Nexus One will not be available in any Sprint retail channels. It will be available directly from Google at google.com/phone. The online experience of Google's web store is designed with a focus on simplicity allowing consumers to match a phone with the service plan that best meets their needs."

Further confirmation that VZW is likely not to sell the phone in stores.
    Now there is no reason not to buy retail version even if you buy it when it becomes available for VZW.

Yes they use each others towers, and they already have the same exact phones that are CDMA and 3G capable on both carriers. i.e. Palm Pixie, Blackberrys...etc.

Quote Originally Posted by jaeisber View Post
    " Nexus One will not be available in any Sprint retail channels. It will be available directly from Google at google.com/phone. The online experience of Google's web store is designed with a focus on simplicity allowing consumers to match a phone with the service plan that best meets their needs."

Further confirmation that VZW is likely not to sell the phone in stores.
    Heh, "best meet[ing] [my] needs" means a family plan.

*shakes fist*

Rep update

Aight...I know a lot of you guys have already done this. I talked to a VZW rep today that actually is looking forward to the N1 release on their network. She straight up told me April looks like the time of the release mainly b/c the phone isn't in their system yet.

When a new phone is planned to be released on their network it is put into their phone inventory 2 weeks before the release (that's standard procedure). ANY PHONE that is used on the network is in this database.

I then asked her "Is the phone going to be in VZW stores for customers to try out?"

She replied, "I'm really not sure b/c Google is trying something new here by selling it directly, but it would be nice."

She then went on to say, "Look for it in early to mid April."

I hope this clears the air a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sid 6.7 View Post
    Aight...I know a lot of you guys have already done this. I talked to a VZW rep today that actually is looking forward to the N1 release on their network. She straight up told me April looks like the time of the release mainly b/c the phone isn't in their system yet.

When a new phone is planned to be released on their network it is put into their phone inventory 2 weeks before the release (that's standard procedure). ANY PHONE that is used on the network is in this database.

I then asked her "Is the phone going to be in VZW stores for customers to try out?"

She replied, "I'm really not sure b/c Google is trying something new here by selling it directly, but it would be nice."

Wow, as if waiting three months wasn't long enough. Kinda over the phone now. Any body else feeling the same? Who else dislikes Verizon for this, among other reasons?

i don't agree. htc incredible has show up in the vzw inventory and isn't/won't be released in the nexus two weeks. also why would it show up in their inventory system if it's not going to be sold in vzw stores. it passed FCC too. when a phone's in a company's inventory it's b/c they will be selling it, but google will be not vzw.

not true..it is in the vzw system. she might just have not been looking in the right spot, all my vzw employee friends, few whom are managers, have already seen it in the system but could not say the exact date it will be out

and for all yall out there who hate that ATT has the nexus before vzw does..did u happen to notice that it is the "unlocked" version they are buying? you cant get it at the cheap price like you can with t-moble and prob be able to when vzw comes out with it...so att customers are paying the outragious price for it.....so "technically" att doesnt have it since the phone comes unlocked....

Quote Originally Posted by flyingguy View Post

not true..it is in the vzw system. she might just have not been looking in the right spot, all my vzw employee friends, few whom are managers, have already seen it in the system but could not say the exact date it will be out
    ^^^Listen to this guy. Lower-level employees have no idea what's going on. N1 is already in inventory database.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingguy View Post
    and for all yall out there who hate that ATT has the nexus before vzw does..did u happen to notice that it is the "unlocked" version they are buying? you cant get it at the cheap price like you can with t-moble and prob be able to when vzw comes out with it...so att customers are paying the outragious price for it.....so "technically" att doesnt have it since the phone comes unlocked....
    ........re-thinking my post. hahahha. this is ridiculous. thanks for playing.

Check this out (Not sure if its a repost):
    https://www.google.com/phone/choose?hl=en&gl=US&s7e=

Going to ask my government account rep about this tomorrow...

COMING SOON:
    The Nexus One Phone with Verizon Wireless service. Coming soon in the United States.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links