Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

This is a discussion on Official Nexus One VERIZON thread! within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; While my Storm 1 torments me, I can hold on for however long this takes.......unless it takes a dump on me. Not that I like ...

Page 311 of 400 FirstFirst ... 211261301309310311312313321361 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,110 of 4000

Thread: Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

While my Storm 1 torments me, I can hold on for however long this takes.......unless it takes a dump on me. Not that I like this waiting bit!

If you look at google.com/phone, you will see:
    Compatible with 3G on AT&T (U.S.) and these wireless providers in Canada.

If you click on the "and these wireless providers in Canada." link, it takes you to:
    Using the phone with a SIM card from your mobile service provider : Place an order - Nexus One Help

Where you will see:

The currently available Nexus One is a GSM device and is not compatible with CDMA networks such as Verizon and Sprint. We are working hard to provide Nexus One phones optimized for the Verizon network - please stay tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by Need_A_Nexus View Post
    If you look at google.com/phone, you will see:
    Compatible with 3G on AT&T (U.S.) and these wireless providers in Canada.

If you click on the "and these wireless providers in Canada." link, it takes
    you to Using the phone with a SIM card from your mobile service provider : Place an order - Nexus One Help

Where you will see:

The currently available Nexus One is a GSM device and is not compatible with CDMA networks such as Verizon and Sprint. We are working hard to provide Nexus One phones optimized for the Verizon network - please stay tuned.
    Interesting that they mention only VZW and not Sprint after mentioning both of them in the previous sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by jaeisber View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by matty678 View Post
    wow, a lot happened since I last checked this....
    I am still not 100% clear-did Miami say that he was incorrect about the June N1 release or some other part of his post?
    He corrected the part about the council getting the N1 for testing this week. That was the only part he said was incorrect.
    A few incorrect things were posted...

in post # Post#2804 was worded to say the VCC had the N1 already (not true), the wording was later changed but still says that the VCC gets phones first to correct problems (also not true).

in post # 2809 it was said that the council told him June (not true). I can assure you that the VCC isn't given any pre-release info. We only get advanced notice to the release date in enough time to collect our addresses and have the device shipped to arrive at our door (usually sent next day air) on the release date, or no more than a couple days before official release date. Often times that means the day of VZW's public announcement for the phone we get told "were sending it to you, PM us your address for shipping".

post # 2809 also mentions the incredible will be first. Now, it doesn't say where that info came from. But if its assumed VCC member, then that too is probably not accurate, as again, we don't know.

Any info attributed to someone solely on the basis of their being a VCC member should really be taken with a grain of salt as we do not receive anything prior to public announcement.

That being said, its always possible a VCC member knows a source inside VZW that feeds him/her info. BUT its highly unlikely as that person would surely have posted some kind of info in our private forums already, and no one ever does.

its also possible that this person feeding Miami1683 is masquerading as a VCC member, but is not actually a member. There isn't really a way to prove membership. (other than maybe looking back at the original Hofo thread and seeing who posted that they were invited, but that isn't even a 100% accurate way.)

los
    Quote Originally Posted by clokwork View Post
    While my Storm 1 torments me, I can hold on for however long this takes.......unless it takes a dump on me. Not that I like this waiting bit!
    Been a rough 17 months with the Storm 1.. Been waiting since Nov. to upgrade. I'm sure the N1 will be well worth the wait.

Thanks Mark

Quote Originally Posted by los View Post
    Been a rough 17 months with the Storm 1.. Been waiting since Nov. to upgrade. I'm sure the N1 will be well worth the wait.
    I didn't realize it had been that long already! Yeah, I am one of those launch day folks.

If the Incredible makes it to market first, that's just going to provide a load of temptation. oh boy!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by jaeisber View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JdDroid View Post
    So I definately had to put invisible shields on 2 nexus ones today at my best buy. It must be a sign that I can get mine soon on Verizon :P
    Or a way for the phone gods to torment you..
    Ur probably right

Email respone from google...

Hello Chris,

Thanks for your note. I understand you'd like to know when the Nexus One will be available on Verizon.

We are working hard to make the Nexus One available for Verizon - Spring
    2010 is the launch we are targeting. However, we do not have information
    that is any more specific than that.

Please watch out for further updates on Nexus One Phone - Web meets phone.

Sincerely,

Navin
    The Google Team

------------

Email back....

Well I look forward to the day its avalbile. You may still not be able to give this info either but for the technology stand point, when a new product is released the phone/product seems to be "old/out of date" after being out 6 months or so. How is this going to be for the Nexus as it will be almost 6 months old when Verizon finally releases it. All the other products coming out and with rumors about an IPhone sometime this summer wouldnt the sooner the better for Googles flagship phone. Right now theres nothing to compete with the N1 and it would dominate on VZW at this point. Sorry so many questions, its just there are tons of people waiting SOOO eagerly to have this phone. Thanks for the response back.

Chris

-------------

Google has been pretty good about responding back each day so tomorrow we will see what is said about the response back.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Btwint View Post

Google has been pretty good about responding back each day so tomorrow we will see what is said about the response back.

Chris
    Really? Google has replied to 2 out of 5 e-mails that I've sent them...

...and both saying the same thing "We do not have this information right now, we apologize"

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links