Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

This is a discussion on Official Nexus One VERIZON thread! within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Originally Posted by Dream Originally Posted by jaeisber My thought is (and it may be crazy) to get the N1 on AT&T with a month ...

Page 313 of 400 FirstFirst ... 213263303311312313314315323363 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,130 of 4000

Thread: Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

  1. #3121
    Senior Member jaeisber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    718
    Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeisber View Post
    My thought is (and it may be crazy) to get the N1 on AT&T with a month by month plan...then once the VZW N1 comes out, sell the AT&T N1 on ebay, quit my AT&T contract and buy the subsidized VZW N1...crazy?
    I say yes, sounds like a lot of BS. If anything, get the Incredible when it comes, or the Droid, and return it when the N1 comes out. That is if the N1 comes out within 30 days. The only thing your looking at i the $35 restocking fee, but I would think thats a deal compared to switching to ATT, then back to VZW and selling the ATT N1 on eBay.
    True...we will see though...gotta think it through.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

  2. #3122
    Junior Member atnbirdie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    18
    Really! So many folks in this forum talk like they are going to use the N1 (or Incredible, or iPhone) to do some really high-powered computing. They MUST have the LATEST and GREATEST technical device or they can't proceed. Of course, a NEWER and GREATER device is ALWAYS on the horizon so that approach is a losing proposition anyway. But then, what cracks me up, is that some are willing to move to a crappy network just to get the toy they want a little sooner. Where's the sense in getting great technology if you can't reliably connect to the grid?
    Lust is a powerful thing, isn't it? LOL!

  3. #3123
    Senior Member jaeisber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    718
    Quote Originally Posted by atnbirdie View Post
    Really! So many folks in this forum talk like they are going to use the N1 (or Incredible, or iPhone) to do some really high-powered computing. They MUST have the LATEST and GREATEST technical device or they can't proceed. Of course, a NEWER and GREATER device is ALWAYS on the horizon so that approach is a losing proposition anyway. But then, what cracks me up, is that some are willing to move to a crappy network just to get the toy they want a little sooner. Where's the sense in getting great technology if you can't reliably connect to the grid?
    Lust is a powerful thing, isn't it? LOL!
    Easy now...I am not tied to any network at all...my only phone is a company phone. I agree, Verizon is better, and its a step back if I go to AT&T, however I need a phone. If VZW is delaying until June, I cannot wait that long. Why not get the phone I want on a lesser network than a phone I dont want on the ideal network?
    Bought the AT&T N1.

  4. #3124
    Member matty678's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by atnbirdie View Post
    Really! So many folks in this forum talk like they are going to use the N1 (or Incredible, or iPhone) to do some really high-powered computing. They MUST have the LATEST and GREATEST technical device or they can't proceed. Of course, a NEWER and GREATER device is ALWAYS on the horizon so that approach is a losing proposition anyway. But then, what cracks me up, is that some are willing to move to a crappy network just to get the toy they want a little sooner. Where's the sense in getting great technology if you can't reliably connect to the grid?
    Lust is a powerful thing, isn't it? LOL!
    your argument about the strength of the network is based on travel though. for a person that has good service in their small area a nationwide network doesn't help at all.
    as far as having the "latest and greatest" yeah, if I am going to agree to a more than $3000 contract and spend $200-plus up front I want it to be worth it. Of course new technology is always being surpassed but I don't think there is anything wrong with wanting the longest time possible with your device being state-of-the-art.

  5. #3125
    Junior Member kvlt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    17
    Yeah really I'm not tied to a carrier period I'm not losing out on anything. No need to troll around about it. Just wanted a phone I feel I could stand for a long time with app support from the main company I use and to be honest, wjy not try out other networks? comparing service and prices is great in my mind.. I'm pretty done with this contract to get a decent phone thing.

  6. #3126
    Member MrGoodCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeisber View Post
    True...we will see though...gotta think it through.
    i feel your pain, if i had the option to switch i just might. i would maybe see if you could talk to friends in the area who may have at&t. it seems hit or miss. my area sucks with at&t, all my friends who have it constantly drop calls...verizon is the best for me, even tmobile isn't all that bad

    Quote Originally Posted by atnbirdie View Post
    Really! So many folks in this forum talk like they are going to use the N1 (or Incredible, or iPhone) to do some really high-powered computing. They MUST have the LATEST and GREATEST technical device or they can't proceed. Of course, a NEWER and GREATER device is ALWAYS on the horizon so that approach is a losing proposition anyway. But then, what cracks me up, is that some are willing to move to a crappy network just to get the toy they want a little sooner. Where's the sense in getting great technology if you can't reliably connect to the grid?
    Lust is a powerful thing, isn't it? LOL!
    easy now haha. we are all passionate about our devices. its not that we HAVE to have "cutting edge" tech, like you point out thats a losing game. but to have to wait for a phone thats been out for nearly 4 month, it just sucks. and then to think we may have to pay full price for it (possibly the price it cost when it first came out), then it just doesn't seem worth it for "old" tech. 4 months is a long time in tech time

  7. #3127
    Junior Member clokwork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by kvlt View Post
    Yeah really I'm not tied to a carrier period I'm not losing out on anything. No need to troll around about it. Just wanted a phone I feel I could stand for a long time with app support from the main company I use and to be honest, wjy not try out other networks? comparing service and prices is great in my mind.. I'm pretty done with this contract to get a decent phone thing.
    Though I am not a fan yet, you already have that out now. the iPhone. Very well immersed app community. Long lasting device (at least a year, and that's good for todays standards)

    For obvious reasons, I don't have nor want one, but Im curious to see what 4.0 is offering.

    Sad to say, I am locked to Verizon due to their service. Once these other guys roll out their new coverage, I might switch.

  8. #3128
    Junior Member kvlt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    17
    Yeah to be honest I've never been a fan of ithings haha I have a zune as well heh but I'm interested in 4.0 as well just don't know if I like how closed down the iphone platform is.. I love the potential of android and its hacking community.

  9. #3129
    Junior Member Boomstk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeisber View Post

    Easy now...I am not tied to any network at all...my only phone is a company phone. I agree, Verizon is better, and its a step back if I go to AT&T, however I need a phone. If VZW is delaying until June, I cannot wait that long. Why not get the phone I want on a lesser network than a phone I dont want on the ideal network?
    Didn't you say in another post that you lost and dropped calls all the time with AT&T? And you said you have to travel a lot and AT&T has been less than stellar. You "need" a phone as you say. I understand you want the N1 (heck everyone here does) but to me, for business reasons, I think I would choose a lesser phone with better coverage.

  10. #3130
    Member Dream_nexusone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    92

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. .m4a will not play
    By G2 Forum User in forum HTC G2
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-17-2010, 11:06 AM
  2. Who out there also has the original G1?
    By G2 Forum User in forum HTC G2
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-12-2010, 08:33 AM
  3. NO Money Down for the Samsung Epic
    By Epic Forums User in forum Samsung Epic 4G
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-02-2010, 10:11 AM

Search tags for this page

content

,

fcc ld: nm8pb31200

,

forum verizon nexus one

,

nm8pb31200

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.
Android Forum