Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

This is a discussion on Official Nexus One VERIZON thread! within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Originally Posted by jaeisber Originally Posted by vizzle07 Originally Posted by jaeisber I hope not...but then again how much say can Verizon have in the ...

Page 32 of 400 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

Quote Originally Posted by jaeisber View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle07 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeisber View Post

I hope not...but then again how much say can Verizon have in the release of a phone that is not being sold by them? From what I can see...it would be Google's decision to release the phone...or am I missing something?
    Well, Verizon and Google have a pretty good business relationship. I'd imagine if VZW asked Google to hold off on the CDMA N1 until after the release of the Incredible, they'd probably oblige. After all, Google isn't pushing the N1 as a competitor to other Android devices, but as a competitor to phones NOT running Android. That is made obvious by the fact that the N1 purchase page suggests that VZW customers buy the Droid if they can't wait for the N1.

If VZW asked Google to wait, I just can't see them saying, "Nah, screw you guys -- we're releasing it NOW!". I could be wrong though -- wouldn't be the first time.
    No offense, but I hope you are wrong, ha. I dont want to wait any longer...3 months is long enough.
    None taken, and I hope I am too!

Quote Originally Posted by skimm5 View Post
    I have a good friend that works for verizon and he told me yesterday that they just recieved an email telling them that the n1 would be out on verizon sometime around APRIL 23rd-no exact date though. They also said that it will not be available in the store.

So tired of waiting
    Well..lets just hope it was a type and they mean MARCH 23. I would like to see a copy of this email though........
    Bought the AT&T N1.

Quote Originally Posted by skimm5 View Post
    I have a good friend that works for verizon and he told me yesterday that they just recieved an email telling them that the n1 would be out on verizon sometime around APRIL 23rd-no exact date though. They also said that it will not be available in the store.

So tired of waiting
    Calling BS until I see a copy of said email.

There's too many I talked to this I talked to that and I know a guy. I feel like nobody's really going to know until Google has some announcement. March 23rd will be the all knowing date

Quote Originally Posted by kentoe View Post
    There's too many I talked to this I talked to that and I know a guy. I feel like nobody's really going to know until Google has some announcement. March 23rd will be the all knowing date
    ----------------word

the incredible launches in 2 weeks, so it can't be more than two weeks, probably march 23rd, or i heard this analysis say the 27th. Both seem like they could be right b/c mar. 23rd is first day of CTIA and the 27th sounds good too. be patient won't be to long. lets hope

I know a guy... that knows this other guy, that works at Google, and this guy knows a guy that is working on the Nexus one.... and he said... it will be out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomstk View Post

I know a guy... that knows this other guy, that works at Google, and this guy knows a guy that is working on the Nexus one.... and he said... it will be out soon.
    1 word...Nice
    Bought the AT&T N1.

This wait is killing me, too long if you ask me. The Incredible is coming out in two weeks now so it may be worth it to just wait another two weeks. Would the Incredible come with Sense UI? if so what are the pros and cons of having that? Seems like alot of people dislike it. Just curious. Thank you for any feedback

The big drawback for Sense is the delay in receiving updates to Android. It could be 2-3 months before Sense devices get an Android update.

Its really personal preference. If you like what Sense gives you and you dont care about have the latest and greatest as soon as it is available, then Sense is good.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links