Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

This is a discussion on Official Nexus One VERIZON thread! within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; I have also been waiting (as if for Santa) for the N1 (even though I have a Droid). I have three concerns about replacing the ...

Page 322 of 400 FirstFirst ... 222272312320321322323324332372 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,220 of 4000

Thread: Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

I have also been waiting (as if for Santa) for the N1 (even though I have a Droid). I have three concerns about replacing the Droid with an N1:
    1. Speaker quality and volume (the Droid's speaker is loud enough for use while navigating in my car and I can listen to Pandora with the phone on my belt with reasonable quality and plenty of volume. It sounds like they put a speaker system in the N1 car mount, why???
    2. Screen visibility in bright sunlight, there is a hint that the N1 screen is great in subdued light but perhaps not as good in bright sunlight (the Droid screen is workable in my car while navigating during the day time).
    3. Verizon has announced that they will have LTE coverage for 30% of the U.S. by year end. If this is the case the N1 would have to work with both 3G and LTE in order for me to justify replacing the Droid in this time frame.

BTW things I do not like about the Droid are the Compass, the Accelerometer, and the Keyboard (not completely worthless but nearly).

Quote Originally Posted by jsilvers525 View Post
    i know it passed through FCC, but that's all we know. we don't know if the hardware was different that passed through FCC. DO we? i mean there was no pictures or specs leaked in the FCC report. at least i don't think so. i know it's unlikely it will be different but i don't think it passing through FCC already has anything to do with that. they should make it 99$ with new two year contract for ANYONE eligible. this is unlikely though
    Nexus 1 Spec Sheet - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

not sure if its fake, but that was posted a while back. believe me, like you, i pray that the specs are different, haha

Quote Originally Posted by terry.g.johnson View Post
    3. Verizon has announced that they will have LTE coverage for 30% of the U.S. by year end. If this is the case the N1 would have to work with both 3G and LTE in order for me to justify replacing the Droid in this time frame.....
    you are right, this is something to consider. If it doesn't have LTE that is one more reason why not to get it...keeping my fingers as crossed as i can get them....without breaking them

it's not that i don't love the nexus one, it's just it's been out almost 6 months and i'm paying the same price as someone who bought it back in january? that makes no sense. also i'm sure a better android device will come out soon that's nicer, faster and cooler. i love the idea of a google phone but there's bound to be another one real soon. the nexus one owners on tmobile had the best smartphone for around 6 months but now a new wave of smart phones are on there way and i might wait for those. the nexus one had its run but is at its end. i have no doubt the next best phone that holds the title will be an android device but it won't be the n1 for much longer. by no means will the nexus one be "not great" anymore but why not wait a month or two more and get a phone for the same price that's better. i love the nexus one and wish the nexus 2 or whatever it will be called comes out soon as i want an android device and one from google but sadly i don't think we'll see one for at least holiday season next year. pretty much i'll get the best smartphone out on verizon the latest being summer.

well put jsilvers....now don't change your mind haha. i agree with you, the n1 will be a nice phone for a while. but when we started waiting, it was the best and therefore we still expect the best, which at this point in time will change shortly. i have waited this long, am in no dire need to have a smartphone, so i think i may hold it out until the summer time. there will at least be an LTE compatible phone by then, i hope. however it depends on what the price of the n1 will be, i am hopin the contract free version will be cheaper

It's all about the $$$...

At this point, I'm led to believe that greed has taken over these companies. The N1 will have been out for 4-6 months before us VZW users get our hands on it. You can bet the farm that the next best thing is already in production and will follow as soon as they make as much cash as they can off of the N1. Capitalism is good but these companies are simply stretching their greed a little too far.

I have been lurking on these forums, reading and pleading for this phone to arrive but at this point frustration has taken over. At this point, I'm tempted to walk into a Verizon store and play with the cheapest, biggest piece of junk they carry so I can finally appreciate my Storm and be done with all of the stress this phone has caused me.

Sorry for the rant. As I mentioned, I'm frustrated with the wait as is everyone on this forum.

Oh yeah, nice to meet you all, I'm Batjeeper.

This probably doesn't mean much but I spoke with a Verizon Rep that came to our campus today and of course I asked him about the N1. He was using the Droid and couldn't hardly wait for the N1. He said that "Verizon don't tell their salesman anything for obvious reasons but I do know that the higher ups down in Vegas had to said a privacy agreement last week about the N1."

It gave me a little hope that somethings happening soon. Still, I keep waiting. However at this point, I can wait until the summer to see what comes out. There is no doubt that something better than the N1 is more than likely on the way.

i want the samsung galaxy s on verizon by the summer but with plain android 2.1. the software looks like something that's on a voyager or env touch. i LOVEEEE the hardware of it though. off topic but no new really so thought i'd express my thoughts. if only the nexus one had a 4 inch super amoled dispay, that hummingbird gpu thing, and that unreleased 1.5 ghz snapdragon processor, no joke i'd easily pay 800$ without a thought.

i know those aren't the galaxy s specs just my dream phone.

Quote Originally Posted by jsilvers525 View Post
    i know those aren't the galaxy s specs just my dream phone.
    The sad thing is, dream phones will never exist. These companies have the ability to make money off of something that we will "accept" rather than truly love. I thought that the N1 would be different and maybe the phone in and of itself, was. The problem here is the Google/Verizon relationship. Their lack of agreement is our frustration due to lack of a cool device.

/cry... Where's my N1.

Quote Originally Posted by terry.g.johnson View Post
    I have also been waiting (as if for Santa) for the N1 (even though I have a Droid). I have three concerns about replacing the Droid with an N1:
    1. Speaker quality and volume (the Droid's speaker is loud enough for use while navigating in my car and I can listen to Pandora with the phone on my belt with reasonable quality and plenty of volume. It sounds like they put a speaker system in the N1 car mount, why???
    2. Screen visibility in bright sunlight, there is a hint that the N1 screen is great in subdued light but perhaps not as good in bright sunlight (the Droid screen is workable in my car while navigating during the day time).
    3. Verizon has announced that they will have LTE coverage for 30% of the U.S. by year end. If this is the case the N1 would have to work with both 3G and LTE in order for me to justify replacing the Droid in this time frame.

BTW things I do not like about the Droid are the Compass, the Accelerometer, and the Keyboard (not completely worthless but nearly).
    The n1 will not be compatible with LTE.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links