Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

This is a discussion on Official Nexus One VERIZON thread! within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Originally Posted by jsilvers525 has anybody here ever even touched a nexus one. i really want to play with one, i know i'd love it ...

Page 325 of 400 FirstFirst ... 225275315323324325326327335375 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,250 of 4000

Thread: Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

Quote Originally Posted by jsilvers525 View Post
    has anybody here ever even touched a nexus one. i really want to play with one, i know i'd love it but just want to know for sure. i've never seen one in person.
    I got to play with one for a few minutes. It was owned by an app developer so it wasn't hooked up to a network. No phone calls but I was able to play around with the OS/interface. Be glad you haven't seen one in person. I was ready to walk away from this phone completely until I had it in my hands. It completely hooked me.
    I have a strong feeling that google/verizon are having problems with the CDMA N1. I think they understand what the delay is costing them and they haven't communicated anything because they either 1. don't know when it will be ready themselves and/or 2. telling us what they know would be more damaging than letting us all go insane guessing. (all complete speculation)

i know phones have a short life span of being the "best", so why get one that's almost 6 months old? i might still get it who know.

Quote Originally Posted by willcraver View Post
    The N1 is not coming to Verizon anytime soon. It can't! Think about it. Sales for the N1 have already decrease because people like us want more, newer, updated devices. We were duped with the N1 March 23 release date and we're mad and frustrated......particularly knowing that there is better technology, wider screen, faster processors, more MPs for cameras, and so on......all of that is just right around the corner (early summer). Still want the N1?
    EXACTLY. they (google/vzw) messed this release up. it should have been out by march 23rd at the latest. imagine if it had come out then. we'd ALL have nexus ones on here...now most of us are starting to resent the idea of being man handled by the big wigs now....they truly missed out on a lot of potential sales

Quote Originally Posted by matty678 View Post
    I have a strong feeling that google/verizon are having problems with the CDMA N1. I think they understand what the delay is costing them and they haven't communicated anything because they either 1. don't know when it will be ready themselves and/or 2. telling us what they know would be more damaging than letting us all go insane guessing. (all complete speculation)
    i agree, and i think the only thing they can do to get peoples attention again is to offer it at a lower price point. unless it magically offers new hardware, they are simply screwed by waiting this long. people will still buy it, but it won't sell like it could have had they released it earlier.

my question is why wasn't this all planned ahead of time, launch the n1 on all carriers at the same time, or at least withing weeks of eachother. i know there are business reasons behind what they are doing (greed), but coming from an engineering view, its as if cdma was an afterthought that backfired big time

maybe I am giving Google too much credit but I think it was planned this way...to a certain extent.
    By releasing the N1 on Tmobile Google was able to do 2 things-
    1. preserve their relationship with that carrier (by giving them the early release) and
    2. get a free/ test group for the phone. Tmobile is by far the weakest of the 4 main carriers and they are going to get crushed anyway (in the end). Google needs to make sure that the phone works correctly on Verizon because, unlike the relatively small audience at Tmobile, a skunky Verizon release could sink their future chances in the mobile market. Google recognizes that everything is going mobile and they are very long term planners. They might not have even planned for the N1 to be a huge success. It is their first true entry into the market (as "THE google phone").

one more possibility (that is pure speculation) and then I have to crash-

what if google and verizon are locked in a stalemate argument about the plan/pricing details(or anything else)? both companies would realize that the other is losing money every day that the phone is delayed. They both won't budge, waiting for the other to relent.

Verizon "we will not allow it on our network if it won't be sold in our stores"
    Google "then it won't be on your network"

...just another idea

Quote Originally Posted by matty678 View Post
    one more possibility (that is pure speculation) and then I have to crash-

what if google and verizon are locked in a stalemate argument about the plan/pricing details(or anything else)? both companies would realize that the other is losing money every day that the phone is delayed. They both won't budge, waiting for the other to relent.

Verizon "we will not allow it on our network if it won't be sold in our stores"
    Google "then it won't be on your network"

...just another idea
    An unlikely posit since if that were the case, then there wouldn't have been a "Spring 2010" sign at all. Any contractual agreements were set down months ago. My money's on Google working out a slew of bugs dealing with the VZW network. As for the VZW email about something new really soon, "codename 6" could be either the Incredible or the Nexus One. Either way, its a win because even if the Incredible is getting released soon then that means that the bugs in the Nexus One will have been resolved and that we'll soon see the Nexus Ones right after.

Quote Originally Posted by E-man View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JdDroid View Post
    I have training this and next weekend at the district best buy, hopefully I see something new. If anything comes up in the android department maybe I'll try to steal a picture.
    The District, as in Jamboore and Baranca?
    ooooh. ok. haha

I am on a family plan & everyone I know who is on Verizon has a family plan.

Perhaps, and this is just me guessing, the hold up is access to Verizon's
    system, complicated by the inclusion of family plan compatibility.

Verizon has seen the profitability of android with the success of the droid.
    I speculate that they would want as many of their customers to be able to
    get the N1 as possible for this reason.

Also, what about early upgrades? I am one of the launch day Storm people.
    My new every two isn't until November. But I am eligible for an early upgrade.
    But, how would google.com/phone know that?

Allowing family plans, early upgrades, etc. could be causing problems. Would
    Google admit to having trouble writing code? It would be better for them to
    just let us wait in the dark. (It's not like we're not gonna wait for this phone.)

I doubt CDMA has anything to do with the release date of VZW N1. After all there are already Android CDMA devices like the Droid working just fine on VZW.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links