Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

This is a discussion on Official Nexus One VERIZON thread! within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Originally Posted by markanderin Since we're all just waiting... We've all read the recent articles and bad press about all of the supposed quality issues ...

Page 343 of 400 FirstFirst ... 243293333341342343344345353393 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,430 of 4000

Thread: Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by markanderin View Post
    Since we're all just waiting... We've all read the recent articles and bad press about all of the supposed quality issues with Nexus One. I have to see they got me thinking. But mostly about how out of proportion it seems...

I don't understand why A) there would be so many problems with this phone in particular and B) why all the publicity on the problems get directed at Google?

Google does not make the phone. HTC does. In this case Google is simply acting as the retailer. They ARE responsible for the operating system, but unless I'm mistaken, it's the exact same operating system as dozens of other Android phones, including other Android phones made by HTC.

The way I see it, you have three possibilities for problems with a phone:
    1) Software:
    Nexus is stock Android. Same operating system as now on dozens of Android phones, none of which are suffering (to my knowledge) from this supposed quality issue. Why would it only act up on this one particular piece of...

2) Hardware:
    HTC makes dozens of models of phones. Many of them Android. My understanding is they have a pretty good track record for quality. Do their other Android phones have similar issues? So why the issues with this one? Why would they 'cheap out' on this one? Or is it the way the hardware interacts with...

3) The Network:
    T-Mobile isn't known for their network. So this could be the root of much of the connectivity issues. Once more people from ATT get on board we'll see. Although they have their own issues. Doesn't explain dust or cracked screens, erratic touch screen behavior though.

So what gives? Are the issues overblown, or did HTC make a crappy phone when it developed the N1 for Google? Or is it that HTC really does make crappy phones but the regular carrier gatekeepers have better quality control - so the HTC phones sold through carriers go through a more rigorous QA process than Google required for theirs - so maybe it is Google's fault after all??!
    Some of the issues that have been troubling me the most are as follows:

1) 3G connectivity issue
    2) Touch Screen unresponsiveness/sensing incorrect input
    3) unresponsive trackball
    4) WIFI connectivity issue
    5) Lock button response issue
    6) Proximity sensor sensitivity issue
    7) Ambient light sensor issue
    8)bluetooth issues: fails to operate; inadequate volume; intermittent failure to accept commands
    9) speaker: horrible sound quality
    10) ringer: insufficient volume
    11) earpiece: insufficient volume
    12) headset connector: headphones cord activates pause or other functions
    13) manufacturer says phone cannot go in pocket
    14) Phone mutes when calling people and can only be unmuted by turning mute on then off!
    15) missed call notification trackball does not flash

http://phandroid.com/2010/04/08/nexu...p-with-issues/

A few others I've noticed readong some of the forums are:

1) Phone body chips away
    2) Phone body turns colors and blotches

Not sure about you guys, but if I'm spending $530 on anything, I don't want this many problems, if any at all.

no question the list is long and troubling. Just can't figure out if it is legitimately larger than any other phone, just higher publicized, and, if it is disproportionate, who is to blame and/or if i should be worried about it for when it comes out on Verizon.

Got my nexus one!!!! Posting from it right now and loving it!
    Bought the AT&T N1.

Quote Originally Posted by jaeisber View Post
    Got my nexus one!!!! Posting from it right now and loving it!
    noiceeee post details!

is it as fast as you thought for web browsing? how's the screen? is it smoother? is it nicer in person? how thin does it feel?

"no question the list is long and troubling. Just can't figure out if it is legitimately larger than any other phone, just higher publicized, and, if it is disproportionate, who is to blame and/or if i should be worried about it for when it comes out on Verizon."

I suspect that there are not more problems with the Nexus One than other phones, but can't figure out why Google is getting so much flack over the phone. A coworker has the T-mobile Nexus One, and he absolutely loves it. He has let me use his N1 on several occasions, and it is a solid phone. It is fast on 3g and on wireless. The trackball works just as you would want it to, and it makes me want it to come out on Verizon's network even more.

Yes, intrigue us with details and pictures!
    Which apps have you gotten?
    We all want it too! Stupid Verizon, release it already!

jaeisber, how awesome is the thing? and answer all of jsilver's questions lol

if i were jaeisber my mind and vision would be focused on one thing and one thing only...we probably won't see him for a few days, haha

Quote Originally Posted by MrGoodCat View Post
    if i were jaeisber my mind and vision would be focused on one thing and one thing only...we probably won't see him for a few days, haha
    lol, good call.
    :nexusx: :nexusx:

make a video of you rooting it :P

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links