Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

This is a discussion on Official Nexus One VERIZON thread! within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; The incredible has started to grow on me. Afterall how often are you looking at the back of the phone anyhow? It will be rooted ...

Page 346 of 400 FirstFirst ... 246296336344345346347348356396 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,460 of 4000

Thread: Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

The incredible has started to grow on me. Afterall how often are you looking at the back of the phone anyhow? It will be rooted in no time and you'll be able to get rid of Sense which imo is the only downfall of the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by GMK83 View Post
    The incredible has started to grow on me. Afterall how often are you looking at the back of the phone anyhow? It will be rooted in no time and you'll be able to get rid of Sense which imo is the only downfall of the phone.
    Other than sense on the incredible does the N1 have any software bells and whistles that the incredible won't have. Probably still to early to know. Will the Google experience be the same on both?

Quote Originally Posted by tjubb View Post
    Other than sense on the incredible does the N1 have any software bells and whistles that the incredible won't have. Probably still to early to know. Will the Google experience be the same on both?

If you root yes

Verizon Droid Eris hits end of life in May | Android Central

Don't know if it has anything to do with what we all want here but interesting.

Looks are all opinions. This is the small like 4% of people that actually don't like Sense UI. It's funny considering Sense UI made the Android experience so much better in the OS days before 2.1

The back isn't all that bad looking anymore, at first it was ugly especially with the orange color. But now that it is all black with that tint of red, the thing looks HOT!!!

I highly doubt the Nexus One will be sold in-stores. Leaked information told us that VZW asked google to sell it in-stores but google consistently said "No" The rumor is that it will be "serviced in-store" not sold in-store but serviced so if you had any problems then you don't have to send it all the way back to google or HTC.

The Nexus One has pretty much nothing over the HTC Incredible anymore. It only has form factor and aesthetics which is all opinion. It will also get updates quicker (for now) at least until Froyo comes out, then Android fragmentation is going to be dealt with and all handsets will pretty much get updates at the same time regardless of GUI overlays like Sense UI.

ok what exactly is sense UI and why dont people like it?

Quote Originally Posted by flyingguy View Post

ok what exactly is sense UI and why dont people like it?
    It's a GUI overlay. The funny thing is, probably like 95% of the people do like it. The small 5% is on this forum lol

Sense UI got fame when it was released on the HTC Hero a whiles back during like Android 1.6. It was hailed since it made the android experience so much better than the stock version. The new one provides some of the same stuff though it's a bit harder to distinguish considering now that live wallpapers is the new thing, they all look really similar between stock and not-stock. Sense UI also had multi-touch functionality and it still does. The Nexus One had to add that in an update, now Android 2.1 adds it to all phones but Sense UI was the first to put multi-touch out for android phones (i think). It's all personal preference but a vast majority like Sense UI. You also get more RAM with it now, HTC Incredible = 576mb RAM, Nexus One = 512mb RAM

Also, Sense UI has 7 homescreens and it's own custom widgets which are really nice i have to say. It's also got this new thing called Friendstream and helicopter view which is like expose on a mac. It also had a better keyboard from what i remember.

hmm.. You make an interesting point. The back is definitely ugly, but how often will I be looking at it?

yeah but the phone won't feel good when you're holding it in the hand. it's not that it's an ugly color or something, it's that it's shaped weird so it won't feel nice in the hand. the n1 is so smooth and round. it's not out yet it could have been a earlier stage model. i'll play with it and see if i like it but i want the nexus one still.

Quote Originally Posted by jsilvers525 View Post
    yeah but the phone won't feel good when you're holding it in the hand. it's not that it's an ugly color or something, it's that it's shaped weird so it won't feel nice in the hand. the n1 is so smooth and round. it's not out yet it could have been a earlier stage model. i'll play with it and see if i like it but i want the nexus one still.

I don't know about you, but I'll be getting a case and the rounded part of the phone is going to get covered. I like the nexus one also, but it is silly to wait for a phone that has inferior specs imo.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links