Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

This is a discussion on Official Nexus One VERIZON thread! within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; would you be able to root the incredible and download spare parts so that you only have for example htc sense weather widgets, clock and ...

Page 347 of 400 FirstFirst ... 247297337345346347348349357397 ... LastLast
Results 3,461 to 3,470 of 4000

Thread: Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

would you be able to root the incredible and download spare parts so that you only have for example htc sense weather widgets, clock and music player then download the app that gives you the nexus one's 3-d rolodex launcher?

Pure conjecture there about how the back will feel. You don't know how it will feel for sure until someone holds one. Even then it will again be a personal taste sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by jsilvers525 View Post
    yeah but the phone won't feel good when you're holding it in the hand. it's not that it's an ugly color or something, it's that it's shaped weird so it won't feel nice in the hand. the n1 is so smooth and round. it's not out yet it could have been a earlier stage model. i'll play with it and see if i like it but i want the nexus one still.
    Quite the contrary my friend. A person on androidforums has held both the HTC Incredible and the Nexus One. He says the HTC Incredible feels great in the hands and you barely notice the back. He did note that the Nexus One will still feel nicer overall as i've said in every post. The Nexus One will have a better form factor but just because the back on the Incredible is oddly shaped doesn't mean it's going to feel like crap. He said that it feels very good actually, just not as good as the Nexus One.

And yes, when you root it, you will be able to download whatever you want. I only make this assumption because on the HTC Hero, you can take out Sense UI or put in specific things you want. I think there's also a thing called "kitchen" or whatever and it lets you choose what you want. Not 100% sure but im pretty confident you can put whatever you want after you root it.

Sense UI - Why not?
    I've seen many posts where folks bash Sense UI. Have seen several where others ask why don't you like Sense UI, but I haven't seen any good answers. Most seem to be along the lines of "it sucks", "it's terrible", etc. with no details.
    Can anyone who doesn't like it tell me SPECIFICALLY what it is that is so bad about it? The main reason I have seen given is that supposedly it will mean OS upgrades will take longer as the Sense has to be upgraded after the OS. However, that assumes a serial process where OS update must finish before Sense update can begin. I'm not sure that is the way it would work as HTC has folks "in the plant" with Google working on the N1. That likely means HTC can start Sense updates before the OS update is finalized. So the lag issue may not be a big deal.
    Also, I've read Sense UI is different now with OS 2.1 anyway so maybe the "bad" things have changed?
    Thanks for any specific input anyone can give.

it's not bad just a matter of personal preference. it does delay updates though and i don't love it and rather stock android but it wouldn't make me not want a phone if it was that much better. the nexus one are identical and i like the n1 form factor better so will wait for that or something better.

it's not bad just a matter of personal preference. it does delay updates though and i don't love it and rather stock android but it wouldn't make me not want a phone if it was that much better. the nexus one are identical and i like the n1 form factor better so will wait for that or something better.
    Yes, but beyond possible update delay, could you be more specific about your "personal preference" comment? That implies you've actually used Sense UI and there is something specific about it beyond update delay you don't like. What might that be?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atnbirdie View Post
    Yes, but beyond possible update delay, could you be more specific about your "personal preference" comment? That implies you've actually used Sense UI and there is something specific about it beyond update delay you don't like. What might that be?
    Thanks
    Take it with a grain of salt.

But the majority of people prefer Sense UI and like it. From honesty, this is the first forum where i've listened to ppl that actually dislike Sense UI. Sense UI obviously isn't bad or else it wouldn't have gotten such a large fanbase and the HTC Incredible wouldn't have such a large fan base. Sense UI is just a GUI overlay but includes some features the stock android doesn't. Sense UI had a better touchscreen keyboard back in Android 1.6, it has a lot more camera features and options in the new 2.1, and it has it's own custom widgets. All of this comes in addition, it includes pretty much all the stuck stuff also, just doesn't look the same. Sense UI also has 7 homescreens.

if this is all that's being released/announced monday i will laugh a lot- then cry a little:

Verizon NFL app officially launching Monday, but you can get it today | Android Central

my guess for monday is ms pink, anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by rhuth View Post
    if this is all that's being released/announced monday i will laugh a lot- then cry a little:

Verizon NFL app officially launching Monday, but you can get it today | Android Central

my guess for monday is ms pink, anyone else?
    I think it's been like semi-confirmed that the Microsoft Pink phones will be released on Monday at their conference.

At least according to that Sandisk article leaking information it does.

i bet they just announce the pink phones and say when they will be released.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links