Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

This is a discussion on Official Nexus One VERIZON thread! within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Originally Posted by batjeeper Originally Posted by jsilvers525 exactly it's not fair. sprint at least told them it is coming soon. we've heard nothing since ...

Page 357 of 400 FirstFirst ... 257307347355356357358359367 ... LastLast
Results 3,561 to 3,570 of 4000

Thread: Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

Quote Originally Posted by batjeeper View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsilvers525 View Post
    exactly it's not fair. sprint at least told them it is coming soon. we've heard nothing since january!! i've been waiting since november for the "passion" to hit vzw which later became the nexus one. i don't want the incredible i want the nexus one. but i refuse to pay over 200$ for a phone half a year old already. i wish the galaxy s was coming to verizon with plain android.
    We're picking this apart too much. VZW gave us a timeframe -- Spring 2010. "Coming soon" from Sprint may mean 2012.

I agree that we've been waiting waaaay too long but let's take a step back and cool off a bit. The N1 will release and will probably be the best.
    Now that you ve nicely put things in perspective I will head on back and delete my rant.

Quote Originally Posted by orjense View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsilvers525 View Post
    exactly it's not fair. sprint at least told them it is coming soon. we've heard nothing since january!! i've been waiting since november for the "passion" to hit vzw which later became the nexus one. i don't want the incredible i want the nexus one. but i refuse to pay over 200$ for a phone half a year old already. i wish the galaxy s was coming to verizon with plain android.
    We're picking this apart too much. VZW gave us a timeframe -- Spring 2010. "Coming soon" from Sprint may mean 2012.

I agree that we've been waiting waaaay too long but let's take a step back and cool off a bit. The N1 will release and will probably be the best.
    Now that you ve nicely put things in perspective I will head on back and delete my rant.
    No one can blame you for ranting. I've done it myself a thousand times during this loooong wait.

My fiancee called me from the store today asking what I "an oo t nit". I thought she was speaking Klingon.

Turns out she wanted to know what I wanted for dinner.

The day the N1 releases, I get to drive over my Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike2587 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Miami1683 View Post

It really neither of their fault.......also notice the HTC Imcredible will be running at 768mhz not the 1ghz the snapdragon is made for

It's actually been confirmed from people testing the phones recently that it is in fact not underclocked, running at 998mHz, i forget the idle #...

with verizon's ridiculous testing, the incredible won't have all the bugs the n1 has. then again, if the delay of the n1 is from verizon's testing, maybe it will be fixed as well. if it's not? MAJOR fail for verizon. i've switched to the incredible now anyway though. wanted the n1 for so long, but the more problems i see, especially regarding support if something happened to the n1 i just don't feel like putting up with it. MUCH nicer to drop into a VZ store and get things taken care of instead of playing cat and mouse with shipping my phone back and getting a new one. no thanks and everyone talks about the aesthetics, i happen to think the incredible actually looks nice with the accents and black back. people complain about the "bulge" in the back and people that handled the phone said they didn't even notice. it's technically a tiny bit thinner than the n1.

How can we switch from one phone to the other? Neither are out yet and both have great specs. Either/or, both FAIL with releasing.
    the thing that's tipping me over the edge is the support issues for the phone. having to send it back through mail etc. is just a hassle. i rather go into a VZ store and speak to someone in person. secondly, the n1's at least 4 months old when it hits VZ. the incredible? brand new with a better camera and, supposedly more onboard memory. just my opinions and concerns of course.

No one can blame you for ranting. I've done it myself a thousand times during this loooong wait.

My fiancee called me from the store today asking what I "an oo t nit". I thought she was speaking Klingon.

Please come by and drive over my Voyager as well.

Quote Originally Posted by tdynasty View Post

Please come by and drive over my Voyager as well.
    I say we make it a party. You order the pizza and I'll bring the beer. :D

PS - I will post pics of a "driven over Storm".

It's actually been confirmed from people testing the phones recently that it is in fact not underclocked, running at 998mHz, i forget the idle #...

with verizon's ridiculous testing, the incredible won't have all the bugs the n1 has. then again, if the delay of the n1 is from verizon's testing, maybe it will be fixed as well. if it's not? MAJOR fail for verizon. i've switched to the incredible now anyway though. wanted the n1 for so long, but the more problems i see, especially regarding support if something happened to the n1 i just don't feel like putting up with it. MUCH nicer to drop into a VZ store and get things taken care of instead of playing cat and mouse with shipping my phone back and getting a new one. no thanks and everyone talks about the aesthetics, i happen to think the incredible actually looks nice with the accents and black back. people complain about the "bulge" in the back and people that handled the phone said they didn't even notice. it's technically a tiny bit thinner than the n1.

How can we switch from one phone to the other? Neither are out yet and both have great specs. Either/or, both FAIL with releasing.
    the thing that's tipping me over the edge is the support issues for the phone. having to send it back through mail etc. is just a hassle. i rather go into a VZ store and speak to someone in person. secondly, the n1's at least 4 months old when it hits VZ. the incredible? brand new with a better camera and, supposedly more onboard memory. just my opinions and concerns of course.
    Re the support issue, I agree there. I don't wait to have to wait and be without a phone. In-store support is needed for pretty much everything these days.

Also, agree on the fact that the phone is getting pretty much obsolete. Something new needs to be added as that "special" something.

Re the memory, 576 MB vs 528 MB and 1 GZ vs 768 GZ balances out for the most part.

Re the support issue, I agree there. I don't wait to have to wait and be without a phone. In-store support is needed for pretty much everything these days.

Also, agree on the fact that the phone is getting pretty much obsolete. Something new needs to be added as that "special" something.

Re the memory, 576 MB vs 528 MB and 1 GZ vs 768 GZ balances out for the most part.
    they both run at 1ghz, and the 576mb displayed on the spec sheet was RAM not ROM. so if it really does have 576mb RAM then thats another area the incredible prevails over the n1. they both have 512mb ROM, and it has been unofficially confirmed that the incredible has 8gb on board memory added to that, i forget what it was called. so in my eyes its the incredible all the way, just wish it didn't look like its back side was forged in a steel mill.

i am still hoping the n1 hits soon and at a 200 price point some how, then i will be in heaven, but if its full price i just can't justify that

btw, i recall reading a while back that the incredible was rumored to have an fm tuner, but i don't recall seeing that on the spec sheets leaked. anyone know anything bout that? guess it is kinda pointless since we'd have pandora, slacker and so on, but sometimes fm's just nice to have, got some good stations round socal

Quote Originally Posted by MrGoodCat View Post

they both run at 1ghz, and the 576mb displayed on the spec sheet was RAM not ROM. so if it really does have 576mb RAM then thats another area the incredible prevails over the n1. they both have 512mb ROM, and it has been unofficially confirmed that the incredible has 8gb on board memory added to that, i forget what it was called. so in my eyes its the incredible all the way, just wish it didn't look like its back side was forged in a steel mill.

i am still hoping the n1 hits soon and at a 200 price point some how, then i will be in heaven, but if its full price i just can't justify that
    I like the 'industrial' look of the back. I think it makes the phone look tougher.

Quote Originally Posted by MrGoodCat View Post

Since the phone has not yet been released, I will believe that it runs at 1 Ghz, 576 MB RAM, 8 GB internal memory when someone is holding it in their hands.

Right now, all we have ever had is speculation and "leaked Manuals". I've seen enough "leaked info" to make me believe that it runs a quad cord Xenon with 16 gig of RAM, a 2 TB hard drive, dual SLI nVidia's, and a 4 Ghz FSB.

Sites have alleged that the 600 Mhz Apple chip runs faster than the 1 Ghz Snapdragon. At this point, I will only believe what I see with my own eyes.

I'm only asking that we hang in there and wait to be proven wrong by what is released.

The bottom line is: We cannot fight amongst ourselves. We're in this together folks.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links