Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

This is a discussion on Official Nexus One VERIZON thread! within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Originally Posted by MrGoodCat Originally Posted by batjeeper ... Re the support issue, I agree there. I don't wait to have to wait and be ...

Page 358 of 400 FirstFirst ... 258308348356357358359360368 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,580 of 4000

Thread: Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

  1. #3571
    Junior Member batjeeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGoodCat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by batjeeper View Post
    ...
    Re the support issue, I agree there. I don't wait to have to wait and be without a phone. In-store support is needed for pretty much everything these days.

    Also, agree on the fact that the phone is getting pretty much obsolete. Something new needs to be added as that "special" something.

    Re the memory, 576 MB vs 528 MB and 1 GZ vs 768 GZ balances out for the most part.
    they both run at 1ghz, and the 576mb displayed on the spec sheet was RAM not ROM. so if it really does have 576mb RAM then thats another area the incredible prevails over the n1. they both have 512mb ROM, and it has been unofficially confirmed that the incredible has 8gb on board memory added to that, i forget what it was called. so in my eyes its the incredible all the way, just wish it didn't look like its back side was forged in a steel mill.

    i am still hoping the n1 hits soon and at a 200 price point some how, then i will be in heaven, but if its full price i just can't justify that
    I'm just thinking desktop wise here.

    512k vs 576k might make a difference.

    But if you think 512k vs. 1024k that difference has just been negated.

    Bottom line: 64k doesn't much matter when it comes to something in this day and age.

  2. #3572
    Member MrGoodCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by batjeeper View Post
    ...
    Since the phone has not yet been released, I will believe that it runs at 1 Ghz, 576 MB RAM, 8 GB internal memory when someone is holding it in their hands.

    Right now, all we have ever had is speculation and "leaked Manuals". I've seen enough "leaked info" to make me believe that it runs a quad cord Xenon with 16 gig of RAM, a 2 TB hard drive, dual SLI nVidia's, and a 4 Ghz FSB.

    Sites have alleged that the 600 Mhz Apple chip runs faster than the 1 Ghz Snapdragon. At this point, I will only believe what I see with my own eyes.

    I'm only asking that we hang in there and wait to be proven wrong by what is released.

    The bottom line is: We cannot fight amongst ourselves. We're in this together folks.
    for sure, it is all speculation, but we can only hope for the best.

    i wish you were a phone maker, i wouldn't mind those specs, haha, someday, tech will be at that point and we will laugh at the puny snapdragon, someday

    but hopefully before then we will get the n1 or incredible on verizon, haha

  3. #3573
    Junior Member sirpinalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    26
    Hey guys......I like the conversation. With the direction of the current conversation I propose that we change the name of the thread on this Forum to be the HTC_Incredible_NOT_Nexus_One_Thread.

    To make it official.

    Mr Chairman.....I move that we change the name of this thread to be the HTC_Incredible_NOT_Nexus_One_Thread.

    Is there a second.

    cricket.....cricket......cricket.....incredible

    go figure.

  4. #3574
    Junior Member batjeeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike2587 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by batjeeper View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike2587 View Post


    It's actually been confirmed from people testing the phones recently that it is in fact not underclocked, running at 998mHz, i forget the idle #...

    with verizon's ridiculous testing, the incredible won't have all the bugs the n1 has. then again, if the delay of the n1 is from verizon's testing, maybe it will be fixed as well. if it's not? MAJOR fail for verizon. i've switched to the incredible now anyway though. wanted the n1 for so long, but the more problems i see, especially regarding support if something happened to the n1 i just don't feel like putting up with it. MUCH nicer to drop into a VZ store and get things taken care of instead of playing cat and mouse with shipping my phone back and getting a new one. no thanks and everyone talks about the aesthetics, i happen to think the incredible actually looks nice with the accents and black back. people complain about the "bulge" in the back and people that handled the phone said they didn't even notice. it's technically a tiny bit thinner than the n1.

    How can we switch from one phone to the other? Neither are out yet and both have great specs. Either/or, both FAIL with releasing.
    the thing that's tipping me over the edge is the support issues for the phone. having to send it back through mail etc. is just a hassle. i rather go into a VZ store and speak to someone in person. secondly, the n1's at least 4 months old when it hits VZ. the incredible? brand new with a better camera and, supposedly more onboard memory. just my opinions and concerns of course.
    Here's my thought: The Incredible is in fact BRAND NEW -- in name only. The specs are so close to the N1 that the company has us thinking that is is a brand new device because of the name -- ONLY.

    If you think about it, they are playing mind games with us and winning. They can release the same thing, 6 months later, and get us to buy something that was released in January just because it has a different name.

    Ok, maybe a higher pixel count and 64k more memory. But this is a phone, right?

  5. #3575
    Junior Member batjeeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGoodCat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by batjeeper View Post
    ...
    Since the phone has not yet been released, I will believe that it runs at 1 Ghz, 576 MB RAM, 8 GB internal memory when someone is holding it in their hands.

    Right now, all we have ever had is speculation and "leaked Manuals". I've seen enough "leaked info" to make me believe that it runs a quad cord Xenon with 16 gig of RAM, a 2 TB hard drive, dual SLI nVidia's, and a 4 Ghz FSB.

    Sites have alleged that the 600 Mhz Apple chip runs faster than the 1 Ghz Snapdragon. At this point, I will only believe what I see with my own eyes.

    I'm only asking that we hang in there and wait to be proven wrong by what is released.

    The bottom line is: We cannot fight amongst ourselves. We're in this together folks.
    for sure, it is all speculation, but we can only hope for the best.

    i wish you were a phone maker, i wouldn't mind those specs, haha, someday, tech will be at that point and we will laugh at the puny snapdragon, someday

    but hopefully before then we will get the n1 or incredible on verizon, haha
    Absolutely, we are all hoping for the best. If I could make a phone, I would be the next Apple -- innovative and cool. All the companies now are just tryin to keep pace and cash-in.

    The sad thing is it's all about money to the makers -- they do not care about us.

    In all honesty, I think that Google has the best intentions -- give the buyer something that they can make their own.

  6. #3576
    Member MrGoodCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by batjeeper View Post
    ...
    I'm just thinking desktop wise here.

    512k vs 576k might make a difference.

    But if you think 512k vs. 1024k that difference has just been negated.

    Bottom line: 64k doesn't much matter when it comes to something in this day and age.
    i forget which site said, but they made a valid point that that extra 64mb would help offset sense ui, however i highly doubt sense takes 64mb of ram, on winmo it only ate 10-14. but anywho i'll take more ram whenever i can get it.

    how much longer till phones run in 64bit so we can have more than 3gb of ram, haha, i'll be dreamin of that tonight, and maybe the n1....

  7. #3577
    Junior Member batjeeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGoodCat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by batjeeper View Post
    ...
    Since the phone has not yet been released, I will believe that it runs at 1 Ghz, 576 MB RAM, 8 GB internal memory when someone is holding it in their hands.

    Right now, all we have ever had is speculation and "leaked Manuals". I've seen enough "leaked info" to make me believe that it runs a quad cord Xenon with 16 gig of RAM, a 2 TB hard drive, dual SLI nVidia's, and a 4 Ghz FSB.

    Sites have alleged that the 600 Mhz Apple chip runs faster than the 1 Ghz Snapdragon. At this point, I will only believe what I see with my own eyes.

    I'm only asking that we hang in there and wait to be proven wrong by what is released.

    The bottom line is: We cannot fight amongst ourselves. We're in this together folks.
    for sure, it is all speculation, but we can only hope for the best.

    i wish you were a phone maker, i wouldn't mind those specs, haha, someday, tech will be at that point and we will laugh at the puny snapdragon, someday

    but hopefully before then we will get the n1 or incredible on verizon, haha
    With all due respect, I disagree.

    I want the N1 to release and be the best phone on the market. Not only are the specs amazing but it looks like something out of Star Trek and most importantly, makes us proud to own a VZW phone.

    The problem here is that we are so frustrated with a lack of release that we're taking our frustration out on anything we can.

  8. #3578
    Member MrGoodCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by batjeeper View Post
    ...
    Absolutely, we are all hoping for the best. If I could make a phone, I would be the next Apple -- innovative and cool. All the companies now are just tryin to keep pace and cash-in.

    The sad thing is it's all about money to the makers -- they do not care about us.

    In all honesty, I think that Google has the best intentions -- give the buyer something that they can make their own.
    i 100% agree. greed is probably the reason vzw doesn't have the n1 yet. if you think about google already has the phone on two other carriers, they are not the ones hurt by this. if someone wants an n1 so badly they'll switch to a new carrier. vzw just doesn't want the n1 messin with their other phone launches. just my guess.

    i look forward to playing with android, and running it as it grows. i just hope it doesn't fragment like winmo did, at least its already a nicer looking and more friendly os

  9. #3579
    Junior Member batjeeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGoodCat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by batjeeper View Post
    ...
    I'm just thinking desktop wise here.

    512k vs 576k might make a difference.

    But if you think 512k vs. 1024k that difference has just been negated.

    Bottom line: 64k doesn't much matter when it comes to something in this day and age.
    i forget which site said, but they made a valid point that that extra 64mb would help offset sense ui, however i highly doubt sense takes 64mb of ram, on winmo it only ate 10-14. but anywho i'll take more ram whenever i can get it.

    how much longer till phones run in 64bit so we can have more than 3gb of ram, haha, i'll be dreamin of that tonight, and maybe the n1....
    That is the same article that I am basing my argument off of. However if you think about it, 64k is minute compared to the processing power of today's phone. My first computer had 64k of memory and that was 25 years ago.

    I have no facts to back this up but if someone told me that a Windows product only used 10-14k of RAM, I would laugh at them.

  10. #3580
    Junior Member batjeeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGoodCat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by batjeeper View Post
    ...
    Absolutely, we are all hoping for the best. If I could make a phone, I would be the next Apple -- innovative and cool. All the companies now are just tryin to keep pace and cash-in.

    The sad thing is it's all about money to the makers -- they do not care about us.

    In all honesty, I think that Google has the best intentions -- give the buyer something that they can make their own.
    i 100% agree. greed is probably the reason vzw doesn't have the n1 yet. if you think about google already has the phone on two other carriers, they are not the ones hurt by this. if someone wants an n1 so badly they'll switch to a new carrier. vzw just doesn't want the n1 messin with their other phone launches. just my guess.

    i look forward to playing with android, and running it as it grows. i just hope it doesn't fragment like winmo did, at least its already a nicer looking and more friendly os
    And I agree with you sir. Greed here may be the answer. Google is profiting regardless of whether us VZW customers get a new phone or not -- they're getting money from Tmo and ATT.

    The sad thing here is that VZW does not fight for their customer base. They're trying to get all of the profits they can from MOTO and other HTC brands (boggles my mind how HTC is not concerned about their new product).

    I don't think that Android will fragment. A lot of us tech savvy people have grabbed on to Android and are willing to work with it. Hence our almost 400 page thread.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. .m4a will not play
    By G2 Forum User in forum HTC G2
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-17-2010, 11:06 AM
  2. Who out there also has the original G1?
    By G2 Forum User in forum HTC G2
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-12-2010, 08:33 AM
  3. NO Money Down for the Samsung Epic
    By Epic Forums User in forum Samsung Epic 4G
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-02-2010, 10:11 AM

Search tags for this page

content

,

fcc ld: nm8pb31200

,

forum verizon nexus one

,

nm8pb31200

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.
Android Forum