Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

This is a discussion on Official Nexus One VERIZON thread! within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Originally Posted by batjeeper Originally Posted by MrGoodCat Originally Posted by batjeeper ... I'm just thinking desktop wise here. 512k vs 576k might make a ...

Page 359 of 400 FirstFirst ... 259309349357358359360361369 ... LastLast
Results 3,581 to 3,590 of 4000

Thread: Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

Quote Originally Posted by batjeeper View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGoodCat View Post
    I'm just thinking desktop wise here.

512k vs 576k might make a difference.

But if you think 512k vs. 1024k that difference has just been negated.

Bottom line: 64k doesn't much matter when it comes to something in this day and age.
    i forget which site said, but they made a valid point that that extra 64mb would help offset sense ui, however i highly doubt sense takes 64mb of ram, on winmo it only ate 10-14. but anywho i'll take more ram whenever i can get it.

how much longer till phones run in 64bit so we can have more than 3gb of ram, haha, i'll be dreamin of that tonight, and maybe the n1....
    That is the same article that I am basing my argument off of. However if you think about it, 64k is minute compared to the processing power of today's phone. My first computer had 64k of memory and that was 25 years ago.

I have no facts to back this up but if someone told me that a Windows product only used 10-14k of RAM, I would laugh at them.
    64k is a lot different than 64mb, a lot. a mb is 3 orders of magnitude great than a kb, ie 1mb = 1000kb. and i was referring to sense ui 2.1 running on winmo, when it was disabled i would gain 10-14 mb of ram, which was significant since i only had 180 total. i believe sense ui 2.5 was even more power hungry. none the less my over all point was that no ui overlay would need a 64mb offset, i think that site was just trying to justify a rumor. i think we are all guilty of that though, haha

On a side note...

On a side note...

Those that have purchased an ATT N1. Can we please get some feedback? Are you guys having the time of your life or what? Please feel free to answer us back from your phone!

Unless, of course, you're having difficulty accesing the forum. (Just a joke people!)

i forget which site said, but they made a valid point that that extra 64mb would help offset sense ui, however i highly doubt sense takes 64mb of ram, on winmo it only ate 10-14. but anywho i'll take more ram whenever i can get it.

how much longer till phones run in 64bit so we can have more than 3gb of ram, haha, i'll be dreamin of that tonight, and maybe the n1....
    That is the same article that I am basing my argument off of. However if you think about it, 64k is minute compared to the processing power of today's phone. My first computer had 64k of memory and that was 25 years ago.

I have no facts to back this up but if someone told me that a Windows product only used 10-14k of RAM, I would laugh at them.
    64k is a lot different than 64mb, a lot. a mb is 3 orders of magnitude great than a kb, ie 1mb = 1000kb. and i was referring to sense ui 2.1 running on winmo, when it was disabled i would gain 10-14 mb of ram, which was significant since i only had 180 total. i believe sense ui 2.5 was even more power hungry. none the less my over all point was that no ui overlay would need a 64mb offset, i think that site was just trying to justify a rumor. i think we are all guilty of that though, haha
    My bad. I don't know where I confused 64k with 64 MB. However, when you are talking about iPhones having 64 GB of memory, memory becomes moot. Even if Windows took 14 MB of memory, I would still laugh. Windows (even thought I love her, ole' gal) is still a memory hog.

Ah well. My passion, along with my increasing lack of sleep is just making me rant. I wish you all a pleasant night and hope for word of an N1 release tomorrow. (A man can dream, right? I've already stated I'm going to bed).

Night all and best of luck to all of us.

I can't wait any more, I would love to see the N1 on Verizon ASAP, if you all do then sign the following petition:
    Nexus one on Verizon network Petition

Sites have alleged that the 600 Mhz Apple chip runs faster than the 1 Ghz Snapdragon. At this point, I will only believe what I see with my own eyes.
    lol! Which sites claimed this? Engadget or blogs that contain 'apple' in the domain?

On a side note...

Those that have purchased an ATT N1. Can we please get some feedback? Are you guys having the time of your life or what? Please feel free to answer us back from your phone!

Unless, of course, you're having difficulty accesing the forum. (Just a joke people!)
    You should probably post this on a different thread and invite those people to discuss their device. I mean why wouldn't people not waiting for the n1 to be released on verizon even be viewing this thread? I guess they could do it for a laugh and to mock us. So invite other people onto this thread, or better yet, go to threads already posted in which people discuss their n1 device.

On a side note...

Surprisingly..YES...for a phone (and really so much more!) I am having the time of my life...no, it's not as pathetic as that sounds, either...it's simply a great phone...a superphone. Not perfectly flawless, but the closest I've come in any other phone. (it's spelled grammar, btw.)

In the next couple of years we are going to see a HUGE advancement in phone technology. The iPhone may have once been the Alpha but this year kicked off what I believe to be the beginning of the new phone wars. Ya gotta love it when in any industry companies begin competing to see who can built the best of the best. Who knows in the next 5 to 10 years, they may be advanced to the point to make laptops obsolete.

Oh, and about that website I mentioned I might build to pass the time a few pages back. I'm working on some technical issues so I'll give you guys a release date sometime this spring!

I decided to send Lowel McAdam an email expressing my disappointment in Verizon. Probably won't do much good but who knows maybe if enough people send him one he'll at least have to deal with the headache.

To: Lowel McAdam
    Subject: Nexus One & Incredible
    Just curious if you guys are trying to damage Verizon intentionally or if you are actually so disconnected with your customers that it is impossible to see what they really want. Granted Verizon (arguably only through other carriers) has the best voice and data coverage in most areas of the world but cell technology has changed and most people don't rate "fewer dropped calls" as their number one priority anymore. Right now what everyone wants is a Nexus one or an Incredible; or at least an official statement letting us know what's going on! Even if it's typical bs at least it shows that Verizon cares enough about it's customer base to give a mention. People will soon start bailing out if Verizon doesn't deliver. It's in the interest of good business. I for one am beginning to consider AT&T a viable alternative. What good is coverage if you don't release the technology to go with it.

Odds are you'll never read this. I hoping it's because your inbox is full of disappointing emails of the same nature.

Regards,
    Mark

If you would like to send an email the link is below. I say fill his box up.
    Executive Leadership

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links