Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

This is a discussion on Official Nexus One VERIZON thread! within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Originally Posted by atnbirdie Originally Posted by jsilvers525 verizon said the journey starts monday so i think they will announce alll the phones this week. ...

Page 365 of 400 FirstFirst ... 265315355363364365366367375 ... LastLast
Results 3,641 to 3,650 of 4000

Thread: Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

Quote Originally Posted by atnbirdie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsilvers525 View Post
    verizon said the journey starts monday so i think they will announce alll the phones this week. 2 on monday (today) 1 on tuesday, 1 on wednesday, 1 on thursday, and one on friday.
    Nice start to a new, unfounded rumor, JSilvers!! LOL. The journey starts Monday could also be interpreted to mean the social networking journey facilitated by the Kin devices! Even if it means other phones will be announced, I don't recall seeing that would necessarily occur this week. Wishful thinking can get awfully creative! :rofl3:

Well they annouced 2 today the phones with the zune software so you never know

Foreigner SmartPhone Hero Lyrics

Standing in the rain (tears), with his head hung low
    Couldn't make a purchase, it was a no show
    Heard the roar of the crowd, he could picture the scene
    Put his ear to the wall, then like a distant scream
    He heard the NEXUS ONE, just blew him away
    He saw stars in his eyes, and the very next day

Wanted to buy a slick new phone, from an online giant
    Didn't know how to play it, but he knew for sure
    That NEXUS ONE, felt good in his hands, didn't take long, to understand
    Just NEXUS ONE, slung way down low
    Was a one way ticket, only one way to go
    So he started talkin', ain't never gonna stop
    Gotta keep on textin', someday gonna make it to the top

And be a SmartPhone hero, got stars in his eyes, he's a SmartPhone hero
    He took that NEXUS ONE, SmartPhone hero, stars in his eyes
    SmartPhone hero, (stars in his eyes) He'll come alive sometime in the SPRING 2010

In a forum without a name, in a heavy downpour (tears)
    Thought he passed his own shadow, by the login screen
    Like a trip through the past, to that day in the rain (tears)
    And that NEXUS ONE, could have made his whole life change
    Now he needs to keep on talkin', he just can't stop
    Gotta keep on textin', that boy has got to stay on top

And be a SmartPhone hero, got stars in his eyes
    He's a SmartPhone hero, got stars in his eyes
    Yeah, SmartPhone hero, stars in his eyes
    With that NEXUS ONE, (stars in his eyes)
    He'll come alive, come alive whennnnnnnnnnnnnnnn...nooooooooooooooooo

I don't know if this conspiracy theory has been brought up before, but I just got to thinking (dangerous, I know lol)...

The Incredible is said to be on its' way sometime between the 25th and the 29th I believe. Verizon is well aware of their own return policy. Do you think, in Verizon's mind, that they will space out the release of the Incredible and Nexus One such that return policy dates don't immediately overlap for week one buyers (or even further)??

This is a long shot theory, but it just came to mind. If this were true, that would mean the Nexus One date would be pushed back to some ridiculous date.

Quote Originally Posted by sirpinalot View Post
    He'll come alive, come alive whennnnnnnnnnnnnnnn...nooooooooooooooooo
    Nice! :D ......

Voices

Guys, I just had a run-in with the law re the Nexus One. It went something like this:

Me: Look, I don't think I'm Elvis, alright? I don't carry on conversations with my dog, I don't put on a dress and dance around Times Square, and I don't think that Verizon would screw us over this bad over a cool phone.
    Officer: Impressive credentials.
    Me: I just want you guys to believe me. They're two cops, one has an Incredible and one has a Nexus One and they can come back at any time.
    Officer #2: Oh, a conspiracy. Is this the one with the ghost of Lee Harvey Oswald?
    [Laughs]
    Me: Actually, I lied. Once I did put on a dress and danced around Times Square, but I was with Elvis. My dog called me on my N1 and told me to do it so you can't really blame me, can you?

Has anyone contacted the Mythbusters about the N1 yet?

It HAS to be Verizon holding things up.
    If the rumors are true about their testing and requirements, we know of issues with the phone already and since they may not service it themselves, there may be a hold up with bug fixes.
    If that were true Google has been at working on these issues (for every N1 owner) to please Verizon. There is NO WAY Google is just sitting on the phone waiting to sell it just because.
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

its just weird, you'd think if there was a solid reason, ie hardware issues getting fixed, we would have heard about it somehow, through some leak. its because of this i believe it solely has to do with greed and launch timing so that verizon makes the most money, thats the only kinda news we wouldn't hear about...just my 2 cents, along with others who share the same thoughts.

being an engineer myself we work with hard dates, projects are due on certain dates and we have to meet those deadlines, this is just life, practically all jobs are like this. however it seems the motto for the cell biz is, "its done when its done" "we don't need to inform you, because you are stuck with us anyway." imagine telling your boss "i'll be done with my latest project sometime in spring 2010. ah who knows maybe i'll tell you something about it sometime, but it will only be about telling you something else later on, maybe quarter 3 of the year, maybe fiscal, maybe not"

i really think sprints will come out first but will the sprint nexus one be able to be used on the verizon network?

Quote Originally Posted by mattykaps View Post
    i really think sprints will come out first but will the sprint nexus one be able to be used on the verizon network?

I highly doubt it simply because if that was the case they would just release a phone that was compatible with VZW and Sprint at 3g speeds.

Also, don't forget that the T-mobile phone didn't fully work with ATT. There are enough differences between the networks to cause problems.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links