Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

This is a discussion on Official Nexus One VERIZON thread! within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; So I've been following this thread for a few weeks and wanted to throw in some news I got earlier. today my girlfriend needed to ...

Page 37 of 400 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

So I've been following this thread for a few weeks and wanted to throw in some news I got earlier. today my girlfriend needed to get her Dare replaced so I asked her to do me a favor and get dressed up and wear a low cut shirt and ask about the nexus haha. (I know, I pimped my girlfriend out over a cell phone. Gadgets make me do crazy things)

She told the sales guy she wanted a real phone and heard about this nexus coming out and asked when she could get one. She said he had a brief internal struggle before disappearing into the back and returning to tell her "next week, the 25th".

The 25th would be awesome. I know I'll be ordering one the same day it's available.

Member im a android but thats ok's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty678 View Post
    I am sure it has not always been that way. I did a search for Nexus One on the Verizon site a while back and it gave me the "your search returned no results" type of thing.
    (sigh) I hope this means something.
    unfortunately that only means the link or search request in invalid. if your looking for advanced notice you'll have to check the testman site of verizon.

Patience, Patience, Patience. Honestly I wish I had an answer that would ease all excitement. All I can say is soon. I have noticed that VZW is pressing the sell of the Droid a lot more in thier commercials. And what I have noticed is that they press their high seller more right before the launch of another.

Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    Patience, Patience, Patience. Honestly I wish I had an answer that would ease all excitement. All I can say is soon. I have noticed that VZW is pressing the sell of the Droid a lot more in thier commercials. And what I have noticed is that they press their high seller more right before the launch of another.

I have noticed this too. (a big push on the Droid) ..and had a similar thought.

Quote Originally Posted by sta489 View Post
    So I've been following this thread for a few weeks and wanted to throw in some news I got earlier. today my girlfriend needed to get her Dare replaced so I asked her to do me a favor and get dressed up and wear a low cut shirt and ask about the nexus haha. (I know, I pimped my girlfriend out over a cell phone. Gadgets make me do crazy things)

She told the sales guy she wanted a real phone and heard about this nexus coming out and asked when she could get one. She said he had a brief internal struggle before disappearing into the back and returning to tell her "next week, the 25th".

The 25th would be awesome. I know I'll be ordering one the same day it's available.
    Haha, that is a bold move to have the gf do that for a phone. Who knows what is legit..the salesman could have just given her a date to make her happy in hopes of getting a number...who knows?
    Bought the AT&T N1.

Quote Originally Posted by jaeisber View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sta489 View Post

Haha, that is a bold move to have the gf do that for a phone. Who knows what is legit..the salesman could have just given her a date to make her happy in hopes of getting a number...who knows?
    If she was talking about getting a new phone, he's already got her number!

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle07 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonwind View Post

I don't know how much this means, but when you go to the verizon wireless website and search for "nexus one" the site directs you to google.com/phone. To me this says that the phone will be out next week. I can't imagine they would do that with their site advertising to people that the nexus one is not yet on their network but on AT&T's and TMobile's. This may be directly in advance of the announcement that the nexus one will be available on big reds network...hopefully lol.

Snuck that post in sup mod while I was editing...sneaky
    very interesting. Any idea how long its been that way? If it's new I think it could be significant. But is it possible the site has been that way ever since Google said there would be a Verizon version?
    I searched the VZW site on yesterday and it didnt redirect me to google.com/phone rather to all web rumors regarding Nexus One on verizon. This is very interesting.
    \

Quote Originally Posted by orjense View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle07 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonwind View Post

I don't know how much this means, but when you go to the verizon wireless website and search for "nexus one" the site directs you to google.com/phone. To me this says that the phone will be out next week. I can't imagine they would do that with their site advertising to people that the nexus one is not yet on their network but on AT&T's and TMobile's. This may be directly in advance of the announcement that the nexus one will be available on big reds network...hopefully lol.

Snuck that post in sup mod while I was editing...sneaky
    very interesting. Any idea how long its been that way? If it's new I think it could be significant. But is it possible the site has been that way ever since Google said there would be a Verizon version?
    I searched the VZW site on yesterday and it didnt redirect me to google.com/phone rather to all web rumors regarding Nexus One on verizon. This is very interesting.
    \
    It directs me there if I type in nexus . If I type in "nexus" I get redirected to a VZW search results page. So it is dependent upon exactly what is entered in the field....or so it appears.

Hey, just so you guys are aware... NexusOne does NOT support all Exchange features (most importantly, the calendar)
    I hope this is why Verizon has been delaying it...
    It does not make any sense but Android 1.5 has full Exchange support, however 2.0 and 2.1 DO NOT.
    This applies to "business users" because most are using Exchange

Apple, Microsoft, and Rim devices all have full Exchange support.

"The Nexus One Sucks for Business"
    http://www.runsmall.com/2010/01/the-...-business.html

Quote Originally Posted by ramborocky View Post
    Hey, just so you guys are aware... NexusOne does NOT support all Exchange features (most importantly, the calendar)
    I hope this is why Verizon has been delaying it...
    It does not make any sense but Android 1.5 has full Exchange support, however 2.0 and 2.1 DO NOT.
    This applies to "business users" because most are using Exchange

Apple, Microsoft, and Rim devices all have full Exchange support.

"The Nexus One Sucks for Business"
    Runsmall: The Nexus One sucks for business

Umm...yeah it does. It's called Touchdown.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links