Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

This is a discussion on Official Nexus One VERIZON thread! within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; so it's ture HTC-inc will be out on 29th of April, check another site Android Forums, News and Droid Cases, Accessories...

Page 372 of 400 FirstFirst ... 272322362370371372373374382 ... LastLast
Results 3,711 to 3,720 of 4000

Thread: Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

so it's ture HTC-inc will be out on 29th of April, check another site

Android Forums, News and Droid Cases, Accessories

verizon posted it on there website so it is official. does sense allow you to run apps like handcent sms? i know it's just like a theme but i didn't know? also are notifications handled like on the nexus one with a dropdown notification bar?

I would laugh so hard to see the N1 release next monday and see all those 'ship jumpers' come 'swimming back'.
    Why is it you would leave the forum 2 weeks before the phone you 'switched' to is released?
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

if it releases the next monday i can return the incredible. i have 30 days to do so. and right now the incredible is looking better. flash player, slightly better camera, 8gb internal storage, SOLID RELEASE DATE, trackpad, and everything else is pretty much the same. i'd rather the nexus one b/c of updates but i will root the incredible so it won't matter. also the next major os android update isn't due until next year and will fix android fragmentation. so all android phones will be running the same android os. and by next year a nexus 2 or better phone will be out. also i can get this phone for around 200$, i'm on a family plan and am eligible for an upgrade but not for the nexus one because i'm on a family plan. right now the incredible is a better phone for ME. maybe not you but right now it looks like i'll be getting the incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by jsilvers525 View Post
    if it releases the next monday i can return the incredible. i have 30 days to do so. and right now the incredible is looking better. flash player, slightly better camera, 8gb internal storage, SOLID RELEASE DATE, trackpad, and everything else is pretty much the same. i'd rather the nexus one b/c of updates but i will root the incredible so it won't matter. also the next major os android update isn't due until next year and will fix android fragmentation. so all android phones will be running the same android os. and by next year a nexus 2 or better phone will be out. also i can get this phone for around 200$, i'm on a family plan and am eligible for an upgrade but not for the nexus one because i'm on a family plan. right now the incredible is a better phone for ME. maybe not you but right now it looks like i'll be getting the incredible.
    I completely agree with this.
    I know many WILL end up with the Incredible, and why not? its pretty close to N1 with a few better specs and seems like its gonna come out first. Its not the exact same phone, but I agree most of you have waited long enough, and get what you can!
    I think some are getting a little ahead of themselves. I would be on here waiting and hoping until the minute I arrived back home with an Incredible in my hand activated and make my 'good bye' post ON the Incredible.
    I have a Nexus One on T-mo already but followed this thread since birth because 1. it has alot of info in it on all kinds of stuff and 2. Im waiting for my Verizon buddies to get goin on 2.1 with some speed so we can stop waiting for phones and start moving forward with application and development discussion.
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010

Quote Originally Posted by jsilvers525 View Post
    i agree 110%. i am pretty sure you can still run your own messaging apps and such with sense. however on winmo running sense you had to alter the program links so that sense would automatically run the messaging app. but android sense is a lot more customizable, so could be completely different. and the notification still run the same as i recall seeing on an eris.

i went into verizon to verify an email i got saying i was due for an upgrade. but low and behold they lied. apparently my paps is up for one though and he could care less about a new phone, so i have the option of stealing his upgrade. i think i may wait it out a week or two though, just to see/hear some feedback. if it truly is incredible, then i'll get it. sold my tp2 for 250, so it would offset its cost. but i have kinda grown used to my dumbphone again, and all the march 23 hype drained my spirits, haha. i am sure it will all change on the 29th though. watch i'll be in there at 10am skippin work to grab one, haha

Jumping Ship too

I have to agree with those who are giving up on the N1 for the Incredible. Yes, many of the specs are *very* similar and there are only a few places where the specs are better than the N1, but they are important to me.

• Reliability: I view the Incredible as being in many ways the N1 v1.5. The hardware is the same, but I strongly suspect that HTC/Verizon have been working out many of the hardware bugs that plagued the N1.
    • SenseUI: This is somewhat of a controversial one for the HTC products. I have not used it myself, but many people love it and my research online suggests that it can easily be turned off without even the need to root the phone.
    • Camera: One major reason I stopped looking into the DROID was that by all reports the camera was terrible. Given that smartphones are quickly replacing point-and-shoot cameras, I want a *good* one in my phone and by all metrics it seems that the Incredible has an even better camera.
    • Support: The N1 seems to have been plagued by support issues since its inception and I seriously worry about how it will fit into Verizon's support plan.
    • Trackpad: Never liked the idea of a mechanical trackball. It makes me think of all the issues we used to have with ball-mice. Would far rather have an optical track pad.
    • Design: I actually like the Droid/Incredible anti-iphone design. the N1 just looks like its trying to mimic the iPhone rather than react against it.

can someone post the actual link in Verizon where the incredible announcement is,
    Also I have read not sure where, that there is a shall app or operation system on top of Android in incredible, is this true?

Quote Originally Posted by Jedawi View Post
    can someone post the actual link in Verizon where the incredible announcement is,
    Also I have read not sure where, that there is a shall app or operation system on top of Android in incredible, is this true?
    The Verizon page was 'found' and posted, Verizon caught wind of it and 'locked' the page. a screen shot is in this thread a page or two back.
    Sense IU is overlaying the 'stock' Android interface on the Incredible
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010

Quote Originally Posted by theburningor View Post
    I have to agree with those who are giving up on the N1 for the Incredible. Yes, many of the specs are *very* similar and there are only a few places where the specs are better than the N1, but they are important to me.

• Design: I actually like the Droid/Incredible anti-iphone design. the N1 just looks like its trying to mimic the iPhone rather than react against it.
    I think you have the design idea backwards. The Droid and Incredible both have square corners like the iphone, and the N1 is more rounded. Side by side the Incredible and iphone look like twins.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links