Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

This is a discussion on Official Nexus One VERIZON thread! within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Originally Posted by jsilvers525 if it releases the next monday i can return the incredible. i have 30 days to do so. and right now ...

Page 373 of 400 FirstFirst ... 273323363371372373374375383 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,730 of 4000

Thread: Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

wgt
    Quote Originally Posted by jsilvers525 View Post
    if it releases the next monday i can return the incredible. i have 30 days to do so. and right now the incredible is looking better. flash player, slightly better camera, 8gb internal storage, SOLID RELEASE DATE, trackpad, and everything else is pretty much the same. i'd rather the nexus one b/c of updates but i will root the incredible so it won't matter. also the next major os android update isn't due until next year and will fix android fragmentation. so all android phones will be running the same android os. and by next year a nexus 2 or better phone will be out. also i can get this phone for around 200$, i'm on a family plan and am eligible for an upgrade but not for the nexus one because i'm on a family plan. right now the incredible is a better phone for ME. maybe not you but right now it looks like i'll be getting the incredible.
    I so agree here. The wait has been long, and I would still get the N1, my true desire, the incredible is in many ways a better phone. I look to get the incredible on the 29th. If an official announcement is given from Google between now and June 29th I may still go with the N1 but otherwise this waiting has been so consuming. It honestly haunts my dreams some nights. The waiting is almost over!

Are there any Google tweaks of the Android OS on the N1 that will be different than the Incredible...other than Sense UI that is? I'm just wondering if we lose anything by jumping ship to the Incredible.

It is stated that the Incredible is underclocked, so if you count that, you lose a couple hundred MHz. Other than that, it's pretty much been stated that it's all form factor (personal choice of physical appearance and feel)

I noticed by looking at the side view of the incredible in that pic on the official Verizon site that the "layers" on the layered back aren't as dramatic as the earlier pics made them out to be. It might not be too bad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Unhappy Did I do wrong?

My LG Dare was failing me and I needed a phone. My boyfriend got the Droid Eris and I decided to get it too...

I really do like it, but underneath it all, I still want the N1.

I know that I get 30 days to return it (and pay a $35 restocking fee) and I was pondering on what to do...if the N1 does in fact come out within those 30 days should I get it? Or should I give the Incredible a chance since I could actually go to a Verizon store and get help if anything were to happen to my phone...choices, choices...

I'm really at odds with myself >.<

Quote Originally Posted by clokwork View Post
    It is stated that the Incredible is underclocked, so if you count that, you lose a couple hundred MHz. Other than that, it's pretty much been stated that it's all form factor (personal choice of physical appearance and feel)
    the incredible has the same exact processor running at the same 1ghz (998mhz in a later screen cap) clock. early info stated it was underclocked because screen caps were takin showing it running at 768mhz. that was simply the cpu throttling down when full power is not needed. we get the full 1ghz chip that the n1 has, don't worry about that. it was even captured running in the 200mhz zone, probably idling doing nothing, i can assure you its not underclocked.

and even if it was actually underclocked, rooting it could fix that in a heart beat, not that this is the case though, just sayin

at first i said screw both phones, but i forgot i had sold my tp2 a couple months ago in prep for the n1, haha. so that would actually offset the cost of the incredible, really thinking about it. but now that i have been on my dumbphone since i sold my tp2 i forgot how nice it is too not worry about your phone, like dropping it and stepping on it...hahaha. but having a smartphone is totally worth it....probably gonna give in and buy it

Quote Originally Posted by MariposaNegra17 View Post
    My LG Dare was failing me and I needed a phone. My boyfriend got the Droid Eris and I decided to get it too...

I know that I get 30 days to return it (and pay a $35 restocking fee) and I was pondering on what to do...if the N1 does in fact come out within those 30 days should I get it? Or should I give the Incredible a chance since I could actually go to a Verizon store and get help if anything were to happen to my phone...choices, choices...

you dont have to pay the restocking fee, what you have to do is return the phone and wait 3 days before purchasing another one, thats what I am doing (returning the doid) I am going to buy the incredible because google/verizon are keeping us in the dark, maybe they will learn a lesson if enough of us dont buy the N1, plus like you said i can have it service at the store.

Quote Originally Posted by jonagpa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MariposaNegra17 View Post

you dont have to pay the restocking fee, what you have to do is return the phone and wait 3 days before purchasing another one, thats what I am doing (returning the doid) I am going to buy the incredible because google/verizon are keeping us in the dark, maybe they will learn a lesson if enough of us dont buy the N1, plus like you said i can have it service at the store.
    Good point...when I return my Eris I will get my money back, right? (Sorry if this is an obvious question) >.<

yup, money back, and you can cancel what ever contract you sign to get the discount for the phone.
    I had it all planed out, if by the 30 days no info on the N1 or Incredible I was going to jump ship to another carrier lol

I posted a link here a while ago to the return policy

Here is the Link
    Return Policy

this includes any accessories (my case)

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links