Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

This is a discussion on Official Nexus One VERIZON thread! within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Originally Posted by jonagpa Here is the Link Return Policy this includes any accessories (my case) Thank you so much! =D...

Page 374 of 400 FirstFirst ... 274324364372373374375376384 ... LastLast
Results 3,731 to 3,740 of 4000

Thread: Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

Quote Originally Posted by jonagpa View Post
    Here is the Link
    Return Policy

this includes any accessories (my case)

Thank you so much! =D

jrm
    Welcome To Verizon Wireless

I don't know if anyone else has seen this but I saw it on android forums.

I have officially unsubscribed from this thread.

Kind of sad since I started it, and have been following it all this time, but the Incredible is just more appealing to me. Take care!

Quote Originally Posted by MrGoodCat View Post

the incredible has the same exact processor running at the same 1ghz (998mhz in a later screen cap) clock. early info stated it was underclocked because screen caps were takin showing it running at 768mhz. that was simply the cpu throttling down when full power is not needed. we get the full 1ghz chip that the n1 has, don't worry about that. it was even captured running in the 200mhz zone, probably idling doing nothing, i can assure you its not underclocked.

and even if it was actually underclocked, rooting it could fix that in a heart beat, not that this is the case though, just sayin

at first i said screw both phones, but i forgot i had sold my tp2 a couple months ago in prep for the n1, haha. so that would actually offset the cost of the incredible, really thinking about it. but now that i have been on my dumbphone since i sold my tp2 i forgot how nice it is too not worry about your phone, like dropping it and stepping on it...hahaha. but having a smartphone is totally worth it....probably gonna give in and buy it
    If that's the case, is it still true that the Incredible is getting the lower rated battery? If so, that kinda sucks. No biggie. If I have my facts straight, the N1 has a 1400 and the Incredible has a 1300...

Thanks for the informative reply!

Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    I have officially unsubscribed from this thread.

Kind of sad since I started it, and have been following it all this time, but the Incredible is just more appealing to me. Take care!
    lol I see your comment every time i hit this forums bookmark, its so funny how you thought it was going to be out before march, I wish you had been right.

Long time thread follower, occasional commenter. I'm bailing too, to get the Incredible.

Total speculation, but my guess is - Google wanted to release their phone on Verizon. Verizon wants to control the whole user experience - in-store techs, customer support, phone ordering process, etc. They liked the idea of having the N1 in general, but were worried that if that phone came out with specs so far ahead of anything else on the network, so many people would jump on board the N1 bandwagon, and Verizon would lose control of a significant number of their customers. And not just any customers - probably the ones who have the priciest plans, who download the most data, who are willing to spend the big money on phones, etc. Exactly the kind of customers Verizon wants to hang on to most!

So, it would make sense if Verizon said to Google, we want to work with you, and we want to help you spread the Android OS around, but you have to let us release a comparable phone first. Google said, no problem, as long as it's running Android, we are cool with it. Verizon had HTC build the Incredible, which is an N1 core with a few tweaks (better camera, only one mic, two flashes, more built-in memory (?) - but a very similar phone). Verizon releases the Incredible, gets a ton of early adopters/big spenders to buy it, then lets Google release the N1 a short time later, with much less fanfare and anticipation in the geekosphere.

I just made this up, but it is my best guess as to what happened here. And it worked on me - if the Incredible does come out first as anticipated, I'm happy to buy it and get Verizon in-store support, plus ability to use my $100 NE2 credit. I'd ever so slightly prefer the N1, but not enough to wait for it. What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by clokwork View Post
    If that's the case, is it still true that the Incredible is getting the lower rated battery? If so, that kinda sucks. No biggie. If I have my facts straight, the N1 has a 1400 and the Incredible has a 1300...

Thanks for the informative reply!
    hey no prob, here to help. and you are exactly correct, the incredible has a 1300mah while the n1 is 1400mah. 100mah is not a whole lot but it is more none the less. what i am hoping for is an extended battery coming out, like a 2000-2500mah. usually only adds a few mm, and in the incredibles case it will remedy its ugly back side by putting a new back cover on, haha.

well the more i think about it the more i want to get it. if anything i could try it out for the 30 days and see if i will really enjoy androids features, which i am sure i will...

Quote Originally Posted by diablo View Post
    Long time thread follower, occasional commenter. I'm bailing too, to get the Incredible.

Total speculation, but my guess is - Google wanted to release their phone on Verizon. Verizon wants to control the whole user experience - in-store techs, customer support, phone ordering process, etc. They liked the idea of having the N1 in general, but were worried that if that phone came out with specs so far ahead of anything else on the network, so many people would jump on board the N1 bandwagon, and Verizon would lose control of a significant number of their customers. And not just any customers - probably the ones who have the priciest plans, who download the most data, who are willing to spend the big money on phones, etc. Exactly the kind of customers Verizon wants to hang on to most!

So, it would make sense if Verizon said to Google, we want to work with you, and we want to help you spread the Android OS around, but you have to let us release a comparable phone first. Google said, no problem, as long as it's running Android, we are cool with it. Verizon had HTC build the Incredible, which is an N1 core with a few tweaks (better camera, only one mic, two flashes, more built-in memory (?) - but a very similar phone). Verizon releases the Incredible, gets a ton of early adopters/big spenders to buy it, then lets Google release the N1 a short time later, with much less fanfare and anticipation in the geekosphere.

I just made this up, but it is my best guess as to what happened here. And it worked on me - if the Incredible does come out first as anticipated, I'm happy to buy it and get Verizon in-store support, plus ability to use my $100 NE2 credit. I'd ever so slightly prefer the N1, but not enough to wait for it. What do you guys think?
    well we (people who know about and want the nexus one) probably make up 1-2% of verizons market. and even if we did get the nexus one through google, verizon isn't losing out. we still have to pay their overpriced plans, if anything they gain form it as they don't have to deal with the subsidized aspect of it, we pay full price and then pay for the plan, win win for verizon.

i honestly can't even imagine whats holding it back, but i know one things for certain. before i can come up with the correct reason, the incredible will be here. the n1 had its day, that day was March 23 2010......sigh it hurts just to think about it

EDIT:
    kind of along the lines of what you were saying:

i just recalled their two for one deal, with the droid, eris, and such. maybe they didn't want hundreds of people returning phones when they found out the n1 had hit. i don't know, like i said it is all speculation and it gets us no where...well maybe it gets us some piece of mind to justify the wait, haha

Quote Originally Posted by diablo View Post

I'm way over N1, Tried to get it from TMobile on the $279 discount but couldn't and Google want me to pay the fool $500+ which i wouldn't do because My dear wife promised a quick and uncontested divorce if I spend 1/2 thousand Dollars on a cell SO Incredible is it for me folks and I'm going to love it. Can't wait!

does anyone realize that other than the statement that the n1 was coming to verizon (january), and the fact a cdma n1 passed the fcc (february), we have absolutely no new official information other than that. or am i forgetting something? which i don't think i am...and i mean official, like coming from google or verizon.

that just makes my blood boil even more...

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links