Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

This is a discussion on Official Nexus One VERIZON thread! within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Originally Posted by MrGoodCat does anyone realize that other than the statement that the n1 was coming to verizon (january), and the fact a cdma ...

Page 375 of 400 FirstFirst ... 275325365373374375376377385 ... LastLast
Results 3,741 to 3,750 of 4000

Thread: Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

Quote Originally Posted by MrGoodCat View Post
    does anyone realize that other than the statement that the n1 was coming to verizon (january), and the fact a cdma n1 passed the fcc (february), we have absolutely no new official information other than that. or am i forgetting something? which i don't think i am...and i mean official, like coming from google or verizon.

that just makes my blood boil even more...

You re absolutely correct. Makes you wonder why everybody is knocking themselves out calling out Google and Verizon. They ve made no promises but that N1 is coming soon (Spring 2010) They re still on schedule. there schedule I mist add

Quote Originally Posted by MrGoodCat View Post

well we (people who know about and want the nexus one) probably make up 1-2% of verizons market. and even if we did get the nexus one through google, verizon isn't losing out. we still have to pay their overpriced plans, if anything they gain form it as they don't have to deal with the subsidized aspect of it, we pay full price and then pay for the plan, win win for verizon.

i honestly can't even imagine whats holding it back, but i know one things for certain. before i can come up with the correct reason, the incredible will be here. the n1 had its day, that day was March 23 2010......sigh it hurts just to think about it

EDIT:
    kind of along the lines of what you were saying:

i just recalled their two for one deal, with the droid, eris, and such. maybe they didn't want hundreds of people returning phones when they found out the n1 had hit. i don't know, like i said it is all speculation and it gets us no where...well maybe it gets us some piece of mind to justify the wait, haha
    You are right it is a small % of people who know about N1 now, but after it is out, I think it would be more widely known. I don't think Verizon wants to control the phones to be evil or stifle innovation or anything like that. It's just that quality is their #1 selling point, so if they suddenly have a lot of people on their network who can't get tech support in-store, can't return the device in-store, can't use their upgrade discount, etc, I think they might be dealing with some unsatisfied customers (a la what happened on T Mobile).

Maybe that is why there were those rumors that N1 would be sold and supported in-store - maybe Verizon tried to negotiate that with Google but it didn't work.

In any case, I do understand Verizon's desire to maintain tight control on the quality of the user experience, and I understand Google's desire to spread their OS around, regardless of the hardware. All parties will be happy at the end of this month.

Quote Originally Posted by diablo View Post
    You are right it is a small % of people who know about N1 now, but after it is out, I think it would be more widely known. I don't think Verizon wants to control the phones to be evil or stifle innovation or anything like that. It's just that quality is their #1 selling point, so if they suddenly have a lot of people on their network who can't get tech support in-store, can't return the device in-store, can't use their upgrade discount, etc, I think they might be dealing with some unsatisfied customers (a la what happened on T Mobile).

Maybe that is why there were those rumors that N1 would be sold and supported in-store - maybe Verizon tried to negotiate that with Google but it didn't work.

In any case, I do understand Verizon's desire to maintain tight control on the quality of the user experience, and I understand Google's desire to spread their OS around, regardless of the hardware. All parties will be happy at the end of this month.
    very true, once its out more will hear the good word, haha. but at the same time the incredible is going to cast a minor shadow on the n1's glare, oh well at least it is a good phone too.

and i forgot who mentioned it a few posts back, but if you look at the side view of the incredible in the latest screen grab from verizons site, its back side doesn't look bad at all (from the side mind you). i guess i was expecting much more bold features judging off previous leaked pics, but from what i can see it looks alright....

so in the matter of a few hours today, i went from not caring about a new phone to now absolutely getting the incredible day 1. if i don't like it i'll return it. but you know, i think its this thread, its a disease, it hooks you in and makes you want to buy something. since it started as the n1 i wanted that, now its been about the incredible and now i want that. maybe its just me (easily swayed) but i bet if we start talking about anything here we can get people to buy it, haha (at least me)

Ever since I learned about the N1 I wanted it. After getting jerked around a bit by the rumors on March 23 I was upset. I was frustrated and a bit desolate. But do you know what? The N1 is still a great phone. Yes, it will be a little older. But that doesn't diminish what it can do. All the apps and mods will still work for it. I'm thinking the great community surrounding it will remain. So regardless of all the dashed expectations of an earlier release I'm still going to get the Nexus One. Who's with me?

Quote Originally Posted by lordravne View Post
    Ever since I learned about the N1 I wanted it. After getting jerked around a bit by the rumors on March 23 I was upset. I was frustrated and a bit desolate. But do you know what? The N1 is still a great phone. Yes, it will be a little older. But that doesn't diminish what it can do. All the apps and mods will still work for it. I'm thinking the great community surrounding it will remain. So regardless of all the dashed expectations of an earlier release I'm still going to get the Nexus One. Who's with me?
    great points, all very very true. but now (for me) it comes down to price. i am just not willing to drop full price on the n1. i was before the 23rd debacle, but that was due to all the hype. i know i wouldn't be displeased if i did pay full price, i just can't justify it now when i could get similar/better hardware (incredible) for less than half the price of the n1. (once again this is my situation being on a family plan with an upgrade to use)

True. But then again, we don't know what the price of the N1 will be. Who knows, maybe it will be subsidized. I've been hearing a lot of concerns about the N1 not being subsidized for family plans. Was this the case for T-mobile? I'm not on a family plan. Just curious.

Crickets...

Quote Originally Posted by lordravne View Post
    True. But then again, we don't know what the price of the N1 will be. Who knows, maybe it will be subsidized. I've been hearing a lot of concerns about the N1 not being subsidized for family plans. Was this the case for T-mobile? I'm not on a family plan. Just curious.
    yeah thats mainly the reason we have all assumed it won't be subsidized on family plan, because t-mobile is for single line only. in my case i will be stealing my paps phone upgrade and using it to get the discounted incredible. (i made the mistake of wasting my in sept on the tp2...sigh). i have a feeling trying to do that online with google would be a pain in the as*.

plus i really like the idea of being able to take it into the store if i have a problem and getting it fixed/replaced their without the headache of shipping it to google. but once again we don't know how it will be with the verizon n1...

I'm still curious as to what the surprise of the N1 for verizon will be. I need a phone ASAP so I now want to buy the Incredible because it's similar and it will probably be out first. But if google/verizon said "hey here's the new stuff we did to the N1 and how it will be super duper" id wait for the N1.

Quote Originally Posted by sta489 View Post
    But if google/verizon said "hey here's the new stuff we did to the N1 and how it will be super duper" id wait for the N1.
    Verizon actually has said, there will be a surprise on the N1 for VZW that they think everyone will like. I forget where it's quoted but I'm 100% sure they said it. Anyone who's been following the thread as long as I have would know.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links