Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

This is a discussion on Official Nexus One VERIZON thread! within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; listen, as far as I'm concerned, we're already deep into Spring, so they are really starting to push it. I would have been happier if ...

Page 383 of 400 FirstFirst ... 283333373381382383384385393 ... LastLast
Results 3,821 to 3,830 of 4000

Thread: Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

listen, as far as I'm concerned, we're already deep into Spring, so they are really starting to push it. I would have been happier if they said Q2 because that implies more of a 'within' timeframe. Spring starts to fade pretty quick and the line between Spring and Summer starts to get awfully blurry...

And what are we going to/can we do about it? What if they release late in the Summer? Then what? If they go back on their published word, what can we do? Not buy the phone? Do they even care? Looks like they lost most of the crowd to this Incredible anyway. And many are claiming that Google doesn't really care about selling the Nexus One phones (which I still highly doubt. Sure, Android is a bigger front for them, but how is losing money on this phone related?)

I think they need to give us an update, especially because this 'new' phone (Incredible) is coming out before the N1 that has been out since January. What's the hold up? They're missing the boat. Big time.

I do agree with you, I would be much happier with a more defined date of release. Even just with a specific month as opposed to season. I will admit I've also looked into the Incredible but I like the design of the N1 much more. I also don't really have any use for an 8 MP camera (although nice). It would be great to be able to just go into my Verizon store and pick up the phone on the release date, as opposed to ordering online through Google. Are there any other factors from the Incredible that could possibly win me over?

Yes, I'm still not convinced that the camera will be better at 8mp, in fact, my gut is telling me the N1 camera is still better quality. I really wish we could compare them, and this is why I am eager for the Incredible to come out. I'm not going to pre-order. I'm going to be patient and see how the reviews and comparisons turn out. I'm going to be stuck with this phone for 2 years, so I want to minimize any buyers remorse. A phone is about a $2600 dollar purchase, give or take, so I like to take my time.

I think an important thing to remember is that these phones are very close to each other in just about every aspect. Little nuances are what we are dwelling on, so we'll probably be happy with either phone equally.

Incredible does come with these benefits:

1. 8mp Camera (still unsure if this will prove to be better)

1.2. Dual Flash

2. Clear and loud speaker for speakerphone, listening to music, and watching video. Nexus One is said to have a terrible, tinny speaker with low volume.

3. Touchpad (is this really better? I think it might be less responsive after trying the new BB Curve's trackpad. I like my Pearl trackball better.)

4. 8gb internal memory (this is actually a big plus. Especially if you have a microSD card floating around, you should have more than enough memory, whereas with the N1, not so much. You also can plug all your apps onto the internal memory, where N1 is still limited to less than 512 app storage so far (without rooting, that is))

**Update: it turns out that Droid Incredible is limited by the same kernel as the Nexus One. You can only store apps to 748mb of the internal memory. Still better than Nexus One (192mb http://www.google.com/support/forum/...91&hl=en&tbo=1)

5. 2130 mAH battery sold seperately that appears to be rather slim, so shouldn't increase thickness too badly like the Seido version for N1 (but we won't know until actually released). The 1300 mAH battery that is stock with Incredible is a cut below N1, and these phones need all the juice they can get.

6. Verizon in-store purchase and support experience. This is actually pretty big. You can go in, check out the phone, return it if necessary, and be covered by all of Verizon's great customer service. This includes the generous insurance plan. Not sure if N1 will have this insurance and could be a deal-breaker on such a valuable phone. This also includes subsidized pricing, which will also be a deal-breaker if N1 costs much more than D Incredible.

7. Sense UI. This is a real toss-up. I haven't used either but from demos, I like the Google Experience better. I do like the weather widget and the camera improvements of Sense, but beyond that, not much more. I suppose it's mostly a question of personal taste, however, I've also read that Sense UI is a RAM hog and increases battery depletion. This UI overlay could also delay OTA updates released by Google.

So, yeah, tough choice. I'm still leaning more toward the N1 for some reason. I also think that the screen on N1 has a slightly wider (in portrait mode) aspect ratio which looks much better to me. The original Droid is so narrow, it's like I'm trying to peer through a narrow window the whole time. Makes me feel very boxed in... lol. I've read that the screen on Incredible is also more narrow than the N1 and it appears that way in screenshots and videos...

Thanks for the info! I'm still leaning toward the N1 also. Is there any new information about what this "surprise" will be when it comes out for VZW. I've heard a lot of people saying it will be Sense UI. I don't mind either way. I do like the look of Sense UI but it's nowhere near a deal breaker for me.

I hopped over to the thread "Why are you choosing the Nexus One over the Incredible" and pretty much all I got from that was aesthetics are the deciding factor. They're basically the same phone, Inc has slightly better specs in some areas. Doesn't really seem like enough to push me over to Team Incredible though. Hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    Is there any new information about what this "surprise" will be when it comes out for VZW.
    Who knows if there really will be a surprise. There's so many rumours about the Nexus One and release date on vzw. I do doubt that it will be sense. I'm thinking more hardware related (like more internal memory or a bigger microSD card) or firmware related (Android 2.6? Allows saving apps to SD and fixes various issues like homescreen buttons, etc, or maybe even Flash?).

Who knows. I just hope it comes out soon. I don't want to wait until June, and I might succumb to Incredible if too much time goes by!!

I've been waiting for the Nexus One since January and the Incredible is pretty darn close!

ouch, this is not helping my cause for N1:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSh-OH_0Lew&feature=channel]YouTube - HTC Desire Walkthrough[/ame]

In this video they show off Sense UI (which can be turned off) and say how the Desire (a newer generation phone like Incredible) is better than the Nexus One in touchscreen and more.

Hmm....

Quote Originally Posted by rabaker07 View Post
    What's the hold up? They're missing the boat. Big time.
    They're not missing the boat... they're going to make their money off the incredible regardless... at least 75% of the people that were waiting for the N1 are probably just going to get the incredible

YouTube - HTC Desire Walkthrough

In this video they show off Sense UI (which can be turned off) and say how the Desire (a newer generation phone like Incredible) is better than the Nexus One in touchscreen and more.

Hmm....
    Desire was a different screen, Nexus touchscreen is pretty well thought to be software related to problems and is expected to be fixed.
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

Hmm....
    So tell me why wait for the Nexus One? Optical d-pad = better, more memory=better, same processor, sense can be taken off... I'm not jumping ship or slamming the Nexus but side by side is the Nexus better???

i am tired of waiting...like a lot of others on here..i am going to go with the incredible...screw verizon an the n1...i cant wait that long anymore. both phones to me are exactly the same..yea the n1 looks cooler..but when i put the cover on the phone it wont make much difference...good by n1 forum....

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links