Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

This is a discussion on Official Nexus One VERIZON thread! within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Originally Posted by xsasha92x Originally Posted by nihilion Originally Posted by JoKa Just wanted to be the last one to post something here Droid Incredible ...

Page 400 of 400 FirstFirst ... 300350390398399400
Results 3,991 to 4,000 of 4000

Thread: Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

Quote Originally Posted by xsasha92x View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nihilion View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JoKa View Post
    Just wanted to be the last one to post something here Droid Incredible is great. What was the name of that phone I once wanted??? NokiaOne or something like that.
    Hi Joka. Just didn't want you to be the last one to post here. We don't need any VZW fanboys rubbing it in. Have fun with your ugly, overpriced, flimsy phone.
    The phone itself is same price as the Nexus One. Last time I checked, in the official videos for the Nexus One, they showed how flimsy the phone is. Nexus One's accessories are way more expensive than the HTC Incredible's. I don't see how it's ugly... The red looks decent compared to the crappy color of the Nexus One. DInc has better camera, better EVERYTHING. We don't even have to worry about damaging the trackball because we can an optical trackpad. Our phone is also much more smooth when it comes to user interface. Our four android buttons at the bottom of the phone actually work... Not to mention, we get built in memory plus a micro sdhc slot. And I guarantee I left out a lot more! I hope you have fun with the nation's WORST carrier!
    Enjoy hanging up to surf! :rofl3:

Quote Originally Posted by xsasha92x View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nihilion View Post
    Just wanted to be the last one to post something here Droid Incredible is great. What was the name of that phone I once wanted??? NokiaOne or something like that.
    Hi Joka. Just didn't want you to be the last one to post here. We don't need any VZW fanboys rubbing it in. Have fun with your ugly, overpriced, flimsy phone.
    The phone itself is same price as the Nexus One. Last time I checked, in the official videos for the Nexus One, they showed how flimsy the phone is. Nexus One's accessories are way more expensive than the HTC Incredible's. I don't see how it's ugly... The red looks decent compared to the crappy color of the Nexus One. DInc has better camera, better EVERYTHING. We don't even have to worry about damaging the trackball because we can an optical trackpad. Our phone is also much more smooth when it comes to user interface. Our four android buttons at the bottom of the phone actually work... Not to mention, we get built in memory plus a micro sdhc slot. And I guarantee I left out a lot more! I hope you have fun with the nation's WORST carrier!
    Have you ever held or used a Nexus One? I own a Nexus One and have used a Dinc as well. The Dinc feels cheap in the hand and is cheap looking plastic. I feel like its not a real phone with how cheaply made it feels. However, when you hold the Nexus One, you can feel the quality of the material and of the build. In those videos you reference, yes it was bending but only with a SIGNIFICANT amount of pressure placed on it by a machine...put that same pressure on the Dinc and it will snap in half.

Aesthetics are a matter of opinion. Personally, I do not like the squareness, the shiny cheap plastic, strange back cover, or the red accents. But again, that is personal opinion. I like classy and smooth looking phones that dont feel the need to shine and reflect light.

Sure, it has a 3MP better camera...big deal. Do you use your phone for photography or taking shots off in to the distance? I know I dont. For close up, quick snapshots a 5MP camera more than does the job...and camera quality wise, I dont notice much of a difference. If I want a high res image, Ill use my 16MP digital camera...otherwise I dont care. Besides...more MP does NOT mean better camera or picture quality...it all comes down to the hardware used.

As for the optical trackpad...again a matter of preference. Can your optical trackpad flash to let you know when you have a new message, email, SMS, etc? Mine can. And, rumors are that in Android 2.2 (which you wont be getting for MONTHS) they are unlocking the ability to have difference colors for you trackball notifications...pretty awesome if you ask me.

UI? Smoother? Ill take my google experience and you can take your bloated Sense UI that doesnt get updated until months after Google releases updates. But, its all personal preference.

Ive never had any problems with my N1...no 3g problems, no touch screen issues, no home button sensitivity issues. Everything works as stated. Ive had my N1 for a couple of months now with no complaints.

The only outright advantage that the Dinc has over the Nexus One is the internal memory. Its something I wish I had, but its in no way a deal breaker. As for carrier, I wish I had verizon, but Ive had no problems with AT&T, but Ill take a (in my opinion) superior phone on a lesser carrier. Hows your car dock and desktop dock?

BTW, Ill be enjoying the 450% performance increase, mobile hotspot, USB tethering, flash support, and so forth with Android 2.2 while you are waiting.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

Bought the AT&T N1.

this post might be the be-all, end-all post to quiet the bickering here.

Dinc users are ecstatic that they get some snapdragon love on their "map" and it could be asserted that the Dinc has some up on other comparable phones, notably including the nexus one. i think it REALLY blows that neither sprint NOR Verizon are getting some vanilla android love directly from Google. regardless, after many months of waiting, the Verizon users are now getting what was originally marketed towards them. /clap. we're all very happy for you and we hope you the best of travels in your senseUI'ed world.

On the other hand, us (new, for me) nexus one users have stuck it out with the underdog networks in the U.S. and are willing to do so because we enjoy being first in line for froyo, or we cant [$*#+ing] stand SenseUI and HTC's replacing of vanilla android apps without any ability to revert, or we have an excellent plan offering from t-mobile or whomever, or any other number of reasons.

The Dinc's "flimsiness" is hotly subjective, so leave those to who give a damn. The nexus one's tactile volume buttons could REALLY use some more tactility in them, as far as my opinion counts. all this talk about the lack of curve on the Dinc goes completely contrary to how Verizon is marketing their high-end android offerings. look at the moto droid. its ALL straight-line geometry.

I think what is really going on here is Verizon users have their big stick and may feel like they are the underdog turned co-champion but cant stand sharing it with someone else, so they want to exert their new-found glory. On the other side, the N1 users may not want to give up their pedestal that they have been reigning over with since January.

In my case, i saw how painstakingly long updates can take when i bought the HTC hero on sprint. after sprint declared their unilateral support for the Evo 4G, i said eff this place and immediately went to the local t-mobile store and got me some month-to-month service while i waited for my unsubsidized N1 to arrive the next day. After being transferred through countless levels of management of sprint's customer service (who couldn't stop recommending the Evo 4G in place of the N1), i finally got through to someone who understood my plight about sprint saying the N1 was coming to the NOW network, only to say MADE YA LOOK! 2 months later and the rep canceled my contract without any ETF.

I think we should all be happy that such power and streamlinedness in our phones is spreading so whole-heartedly. the more saturation of android and snapdragon may invariably lead to bigger and better things down the road. lets hope

To each his own, They are both kick ass phones, and which ever way you decide to go... Without a doubt the top two phones currently on the market (till next month). Didnt mean to get anyones blood pressure up with my previous comment, but I think I'm too late. One love

To each his own, They are both kick ass phones, and which ever way you decide to go... Without a doubt the top two phones currently on the market (till next month). Didnt mean to get anyones blood pressure up with my previous comment, but I think I'm too late. One love
    +1 agreed couldn't have put it better.

Funny how this thread went from 3 posts a minute to one post every 3 days...ha
    Bought the AT&T N1.

dandroid
    I think most of these members that were waiting for the Verizon N1 are all on HTC Incredible Forum

Verizon Blackberry SIM

Sorry if I missed this answer somewhere...

The wife has a Verizon Blackberry with a SIM card here in US.

If I buy the 'unlocked' version of the N1 can I just drop it in
    and have service?

Thoughts on this?

Thanks!

I'm looking at a droid and I'm tired of my current coverage so I'm pricing out various Verizon wireless plans. What do you suggest for a droid w/ heavy data use? Thanks!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links