Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

This is a discussion on Official Nexus One VERIZON thread! within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Originally Posted by orjense This week will see the start of CTIA Wireless 2010 in Las Vegas and it is expected that Sprint and HTC ...

Page 42 of 400 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

Quote Originally Posted by orjense View Post
    This week will see the start of CTIA Wireless 2010 in Las Vegas and it is expected that Sprint and HTC will unveil the first WiMAX smartphone the HTC Supersonic, along with an LTE picocell prototype reports an article over on light reading.

Apparently Sprint which uses the Cleawire WiMAX network for their “4G Now” service may introduce the much anticipated HTC Supersonic on Tuesday. Sprint along with Verizon Wireless is expected to also unveil details of the CDMA version of the Android Nexus One superphone.

Also expected to be a big subject at CTIA 2010 is LTE with Motorola having new LTE radio heads to showcase; Aviat Networks will speak on backhaul for LTE and DesignArt Networks and Sequans Communications will show off their silicon along with other infrastructure vendors.

Furthermore, AirWalk Communications will showcase their LTE picocell prototype which is an indoor unit which has been designed with a view to delivering coverage in large buildings. While the National Broadband plan will undoubtedly also be a subject for discussion at CTIA 2010.

CTIA Wireless 2010: WiMax, LTE, Sprint & Verizon Nexus One Phone Reviews

The Keyword is "This week " the very first two words in this posting - Definitely happening this week!
    Nice! Glad to hear. Definitely cannot wait any longer, is it bad that I actually downloaded the CM mod 5.0.5.1 and looking around in the file structure and playing the audio files?

You didnt go and buy a spare car tire before buying a car did you ? LOL

hahahaha no, at that point I think I'd be concerned at what I'm doing with my free time xD

This isnt healthy...the N1 just needs to come out so we can all get our sanity back.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

Is it Tuesday morning yet?

I have a buddy who works for VZW (in a store) and they havent been told anything and havent had any training at all. You think they would release this phone tomorrow without training employes?

Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    I have a buddy who works for VZW (in a store) and they havent been told anything and havent had any training at all. You think they would release this phone tomorrow without training employes?
    Possibly, considering that if you go to the VZW website and type nexus it'll just bring you to "http://google.com/phone". Google will probably be the support and htc will be the hardware support for anything.

On a side note:
    What exactly do the employees need to be trained for, for these new android phones? It's using relatively the same exact OS (Android) besides the different versions (1.6 2.0 2.1). But the phone itself is just a typical phone setup with volume buttons, lock, and power on and off.

We know the Nexus One is coming to Verizon Wireless but the question is when?

A couple weeks ago, we heard rumors and saw evidence that seemed to support the FCC approving a CDMA version of Nexus One that would be supported by VZW.

And last week, Neowin reported that Verizon will launch the Nexus One during the International CTIA wireless show in the US on March 23rd.

A few days ago, BGR reported they received some rumor-filled emails from various customers and some rather knowledgeable reps. The emails state that Verizon has begun training some of its employees on an EV-DO variant of the Google Nexus One. The rumors are of course 100% unconfirmed and we aren’t taking any of this to heart but we can still hope they’re true.

What do you think about the rumors? Leave us a comment…

Source: BGR

Tags: android 2.1, BGR, employees, FCC, google, Google Nexus One, htc, International CTIA Wireless show, Rumor, Verizon

Rumor: Verizon training employees on Nexus One? | AndroidSPIN | Your No.1 source for Android news.

Well they get training on all new phones I believe, and this will be the first Android 2.1 device for Verizon. I dunno, I hope that it comes out tomorrow more than anybody (sold my Droid this weekend so im using a dumb phone for now ) but I dont see it happening.

Again...VZW won't be releasing this phone...only supporting it on their network...any issue or support is done through Google/HTC directly. They really will only need to know who you have to contact for support, which from the leaked photo from their equipment guide they have access to that information, and how to setup a smart phone up on a their network...and I believe they already know how to do that. Even initial setup is handled through google.com/phone.

Reading back through this, it seems rude. It's not a rude statement. I apologize if it comes across this way Dream.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links