Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

This is a discussion on Official Nexus One VERIZON thread! within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; also it doesn't matter if you order it tonight at 12 or tomorrow afternoon b/c once it's past like 3 it counts as next business ...

Page 45 of 400 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

also it doesn't matter if you order it tonight at 12 or tomorrow afternoon b/c once it's past like 3 it counts as next business day.

100% will be out tomorrow i just know it. there's no other electronic events in spring and CTIA is the biggest. also it already passed through FCC plus it is spring 2010. good night and tomorrow all of us will be n1 owners...well almost(shipping). won't be able to sleep but byee!!

I think Google has seen that people are beginning to choose their phones first and their wireless service second. It seems like their goal is to create an online store where you can do that. I doubt you will see the phone in a wireless store any time soon.

gah...not out. of course, that would be too simple.

google seriously...

it will be later today in early afternoon

Quote Originally Posted by xsasha92x View Post
    For some reason, I don't think that the Nexus One will be released on March 23... Why would the release of the phone be so damn sudden? Google needs to do a little bit more research and start selling their phone in Verizon Wireless Stores. I want to be able to try out the phone before I make a purchase. Especially when I'm going to be stuck with the phone for a while. I'm definitely not going to buy a Nexus One if I can't get it at a subsidized price. I've been eligible for upgrade for the past few months and I have been dying for the phone to be released. I feel that Google should have done a little bit more advertising and announced a little bit more information before releasing the phone. Their strategy is just so fail. They might have lost several customers to the Motorola Droid just because people had no information about the Nexus One. Great Job Google!...naht
    At&t was all of a sudden why wouldn't Verizon be the same?

I swear if they don't offer it subsidized I'm using Yahoo! from now on!

For some reason, I don't think that the Nexus One will be released on March 23... Why would the release of the phone be so damn sudden? Google needs to do a little bit more research and start selling their phone in Verizon Wireless Stores. I want to be able to try out the phone before I make a purchase. Especially when I'm going to be stuck with the phone for a while. I'm definitely not going to buy a Nexus One if I can't get it at a subsidized price. I've been eligible for upgrade for the past few months and I have been dying for the phone to be released. I feel that Google should have done a little bit more advertising and announced a little bit more information before releasing the phone. Their strategy is just so fail. They might have lost several customers to the Motorola Droid just because people had no information about the Nexus One. Great Job Google!...naht
    I can agree with some of this -- I wish there had been more official info leading up to the release, and some advertising definitely couldn't have hurt anything.

But I think it's silly to say that Google "lost customers" to the Moto Droid. The Nexus One purchase page invites VZW customers to buy the Droid if they don't want to wait for the VZW Nexus one. Google wants people to buy the Droid, and they don't consider a Droid owner as a lost customer.

Well said vizzle.

Also for the people who waited till 12, google is a majority over in CA where they're still 3 hours behind. Anywho, really looking forward to hoping it's coming out tomorrow subsidized (I think if that's the like $180 price, I'm still unsure of what the unsubsidized and subsidized are.)

I feel like it's Christmas or something hahaha

For some reason, I don't think that the Nexus One will be released on March 23... Why would the release of the phone be so damn sudden? Google needs to do a little bit more research and start selling their phone in Verizon Wireless Stores.
    This is already how Google is doing things with T-Mobile. It's not exactly a sudden "launch" either... the option will simply "go live" just as the AT&T option did. Whether tomorrow or another day, you're really not going to get much warning before it comes up. They've said "Spring 2010" and that's the best you're going to get. Read up on everything that has happened before the release. In addition, it is at this point well known fact that they won't be selling this particular phone in VZW stores, though I think you got that in your next bit. The whole "Google needs to do a little bit more research" just doesn't hold a lot of water; regardless of the success of their operation thus far, it looks as if they are sticking to their guns.

I want to be able to try out the phone before I make a purchase. Especially when I'm going to be stuck with the phone for a while. I'm definitely not going to buy a Nexus One if I can't get it at a subsidized price. I've been eligible for upgrade for the past few months and I have been dying for the phone to be released.
    Totally understandable, but it's not going to happen and has no bearing on the actual release date unfortunately. I've been lucky enough to play with a co-worker's Nexus One and know that I like it and am willing to ditch my iPhone for it... but unfortunately you'll either have to wing it or just walk the other way. They seem to be comfortable doing this on T-Mobile, so I don't see it changing here.

I feel that Google should have done a little bit more advertising and announced a little bit more information before releasing the phone. Their strategy is just so fail. They might have lost several customers to the Motorola Droid just because people had no information about the Nexus One. Great Job Google!...naht
    Sure, we all agree that Google should do TV ads. For a company considers ad sales nearly their bread and butter, you'd think they'd be a little less naive about this particular product release and catching a wider eye. However, it isn't exactly fair to consider the phone or the strategy a "fail" (seriously, how overused is this word now) until it is released on a network that people actually want to use it on for a subsidized (read: reasonable in US citizen's eyes) price. My father-in-law has actually purchased a few of these phones for overseas friends; the demand is there, but frankly I'm not going to jump from one sinking ship (AT&T) to another (T-Mobile) because of another feature phone that I wanted. I'm older, wiser, and understand that if the network is garbage, the device will be ruined for me. Google has flexed their ad muscles online and the Nexus one has a pretty neat campaign that is happening on most sites I frequent; most likely because I am in the target market. And that is a good thing: for I do want one, and eventually I will have one. But I'll get it on a network that, well, works. I won't be the only one.

And I see I'm not the only one getting jitters about this: I think a lot of folk here are getting a little impatient about something we haven't honestly been promised for tomorrow. More than likely, we'll get at least an announcement.

I'll tell you though, I can't even look at an iPhone anymore... the lack of a removable battery and the prohibitive cost of replacement when you're forced into keeping it on a contract was awful, the 4 phones I've had that cracked on the edges (white) stunk, but the constant call dropping and lack of reasonable service made something I once loved dearly completely useless. I sincerely hope that the Nexus one lives up to my (and your) expectations... but if for whatever reason it doesn't, I will feel no shame in buying a Droid instead.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links