Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

This is a discussion on Official Nexus One VERIZON thread! within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; still waaaitiiiing...

Page 46 of 400 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 460 of 4000

Thread: Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

  1. #451
    Junior Member skim7x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    6
    still waaaitiiiing

  2. #452
    Senior Member E-man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by KDII View Post
    I swear if they don't offer it subsidized I'm using Yahoo! from now on!
    LOL! haha. Or bing? I was gonna read through all the posts before I replied but I had to post my lol while I was still laughing. :rofl3:

  3. #453
    Junior Member ramborocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4
    Verizon is the biggest kid on the block, and more than likely, will require full control of the Nexus. Verizon supports all of their phones. This was one of the main reasons Apple went with AT&T because Verizon wants full control...

    I've been hearing of verizon rumors for over 4 years now anytime a new phone is released. I must say, Verizon has a poor delivery rate when it comes to new devices. They are always 2-4 months behind the competition because of the amount of testing and refinement they do before they are OK'd

    For crying out loud, Nexus doesnt support Exchange calendar out-of-the-box. Probably the reason the Droid update got delayed... haha

    Microsoft should block 95% of Earth from going to Google.com in retaliation (anyone using Windows OS)



    .

  4. #454
    Senior Member Yadao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    126
    I have been waiting since last month. I really do hope it is released early in the day, if it does come out tomorrow. 22 minutes to go here. Best case scenario would be it comes at midnight Pacific time and they're shipped and we get em on Wednesday. Don't let us down Google.

  5. #455
    Junior Member ramborocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercutio View Post
    Sure, we all agree that Google should do TV ads. For a company considers ad sales nearly their bread and butter, you'd think they'd be a little less naive about this particular product release and catching a wider eye. However, it isn't exactly fair to consider the phone or the strategy a "fail" (seriously, how overused is this word now) until it is released on a network that people actually want to use it on for a subsidized (read: reasonable in US citizen's eyes) price. My father-in-law has actually purchased a few of these phones for overseas friends; the demand is there, but frankly I'm not going to jump from one sinking ship (AT&T) to another (T-Mobile) because of another feature phone that I wanted. I'm older, wiser, and understand that if the network is garbage, the device will be ruined for me. Google has flexed their ad muscles online and the Nexus one has a pretty neat campaign that is happening on most sites I frequent; most likely because I am in the target market. And that is a good thing: for I do want one, and eventually I will have one. But I'll get it on a network that, well, works. I won't be the only one.
    Advertising on TV makes bigger money than online.
    VZW spent millions on Droid advertising, after about 2 months, they hit 1 million devices sold.
    Nexus One..... Sold only 100K devices in 2 months.

    You are right though, if the Nexus fails, the droid may be the next best thing (although not as hot!!)

  6. #456
    Senior Member E-man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by ramborocky View Post
    Verizon is the biggest kid on the block, and more than likely, will require full control of the Nexus. Verizon supports all of their phones. This was one of the main reasons Apple went with AT&T because Verizon wants full control...

    I've been hearing of verizon rumors for over 4 years now anytime a new phone is released. I must say, Verizon has a poor delivery rate when it comes to new devices. They are always 2-4 months behind the competition because of the amount of testing and refinement they do before they are OK'd

    For crying out loud, Nexus doesnt support Exchange calendar out-of-the-box. Probably the reason the Droid update got delayed... haha




    Microsoft should block 95% of Earth from going to Google.com in retaliation (anyone using Windows OS)



    .
    Argh. You make some points that I've been trying to naively keep in the back of my mind. Verizon is a control freak and that is partially why I dislike them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yadao View Post
    I have been waiting since last month. I really do hope it is released early in the day, if it does come out tomorrow. 22 minutes to go here. Best case scenario would be it comes at midnight Pacific time and they're shipped and we get em on Wednesday. Don't let us down Google.


    Google won't be letting us down, it's Verizon. I'll switch over to Sprint, considering they'll be the first to roll out 4G.

  7. #457
    Senior Member Yadao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    126
    Wow. Look at the number of people viewing this topic. Seems like this rumored release date is way more hyped than I thought.

    Quote Originally Posted by E-man View Post
    Google won't be letting us down, it's Verizon. I'll switch over to Sprint, considering they'll be the first to roll out 4G.
    As long as they don't try to control the phone once I have it, I'll be pissed if they try to dumb down any aspect of the phone like they do with almost every one of the phones they sell.

    Edit: This is the time I'm going by to determine a midnight release : http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=1241

  8. #458
    Member KDII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    77
    [QUOTE=Yadao;30403]Wow. Look at the number of people viewing this topic. Seems like this rumored release date is way more hyped than I thought.

    That's 139 people out of millions. I'd say that's a pretty weak following. Well done Google.

  9. #459
    Senior Member Yadao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    126
    Well, you can't expect everyone who will eventually buy one to be here. The number of people here are a fraction of the number of people watching for a midnight release based purely on a rumor. Not too shabby.

  10. #460
    Member leedaddy29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    59
    Only us DIE HARDS are waiting till 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. .m4a will not play
    By G2 Forum User in forum HTC G2
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-17-2010, 11:06 AM
  2. Who out there also has the original G1?
    By G2 Forum User in forum HTC G2
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-12-2010, 08:33 AM
  3. NO Money Down for the Samsung Epic
    By Epic Forums User in forum Samsung Epic 4G
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-02-2010, 10:11 AM

Search tags for this page

content

,

fcc ld: nm8pb31200

,

forum verizon nexus one

,

nm8pb31200

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.
Android Forum