Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

This is a discussion on Official Nexus One VERIZON thread! within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Originally Posted by xsasha92x Originally Posted by TheGoatLantern I just wish they would release a solid F***ing release date, none of this ambiguos "spring 2010" ...

Page 8 of 400 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

Member im a android but thats ok's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xsasha92x View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoatLantern View Post
    I just wish they would release a solid F***ing release date, none of this ambiguos "spring 2010" bs! All i want is Verizon to tell mewhen I can expect the N1, so I can decide whether to stay with them or leave for greener pastures!
    I completely agree with you. Like I said, I have a feeling that it will not be released on the rumored date of March 23. I think they are doing this on purpose because they plan to release in april or may. I already bought a Droid just in case if Google doesn't allow the 2 year upgrade or if they do not allow family plans. Still Sick and Tired of Waiting. This is so Agonizing!
    yeah no news is probably bad news here. ill be happy for early to mid april now, the new rumor range. im guessing they they are still working out the bugs and dont have a solid release date yet which is why they havent committed yet. hopefully all the radio and 3g problems will be addressed by then which also may be holding things up a bit. its even more agonizing when you'll stuck with a dumb phone.

Quote Originally Posted by im a android but thats ok View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoatLantern View Post
    I just wish they would release a solid F***ing release date, none of this ambiguos "spring 2010" bs! All i want is Verizon to tell mewhen I can expect the N1, so I can decide whether to stay with them or leave for greener pastures!
    I completely agree with you. Like I said, I have a feeling that it will not be released on the rumored date of March 23. I think they are doing this on purpose because they plan to release in april or may. I already bought a Droid just in case if Google doesn't allow the 2 year upgrade or if they do not allow family plans. Still Sick and Tired of Waiting. This is so Agonizing!
    yeah no news is probably bad news here. ill be happy for early to mid april now, the new rumor range. im guessing they they are still working out the bugs and dont have a solid release date yet which is why they havent committed yet. hopefully all the radio and 3g problems will be addressed by then which also may be holding things up a bit. its even more agonizing when you'll stuck with a dumb phone.
    Where did you hear about this new rumor range of early to mid april? I'm sick and tired of waiting and if I really have to wait that long for Drod, I'm just gonna stick to my Droid. I was planning on selling it for the Nexus One but seeing as Google refuses to release a launch date or any details, I will just keep the Droid and upgrade to the Nexus One in November.

Where did you hear about this new rumor range of early to mid april? I'm sick and tired of waiting and if I really have to wait that long for Drod, I'm just gonna stick to my Droid. I was planning on selling it for the Nexus One but seeing as Google refuses to release a launch date or any details, I will just keep the Droid and upgrade to the Nexus One in November.
    basically from other posts of people who claimed to talked to verizon reps and what i was told by a vz rep at a kiosk, but take it for what its worth, things change from day to day and who knows if they actually know anything which is more likely. im guessing they want to get it out way before the end of spring / begining of summer when everyone is using funds for vacation and trips which would be the smart move. like i said, im only guessing that they dont have a solid date yet because they are still working things out with the new network (thanks again vz for being the only one on cdma and making things difficult).

basically from other posts of people who claimed to talked to verizon reps and what i was told by a vz rep at a kiosk, but take it for what its worth, things change from day to day and who knows if they actually know anything which is more likely. im guessing they want to get it out way before the end of spring / begining of summer when everyone is using funds for vacation and trips which would be the smart move. like i said, im only guessing that they dont have a solid date yet because they are still working things out with the new network (thanks again vz for being the only one on cdma and making things difficult).
    First of all, those Verizon reps have absolutely no idea what they are talking about. The Nexus One isn't even going to be sold in Verizon Stores I hate google for not goving the general public a little bit more information. Hopefully, they will release a launch date by the end of February.

The Nexus One will be out, "by the end of March", but I'm assuming as these things go this means, exactly end of March. That was the information I was provided and it comes from the same person who gave me the exact T-Mobile release date and the mention that we were getting a Verizon version shortly after way before the announcement. He would know.

It's not from a VZ rep, I promise. I more of a Phandroid poster so doubt I will come back here to saying anything else, but there it is. So unless they have any technical issues N1 here we come.

Quote Originally Posted by Google1 View Post
    The Nexus One will be out, "by the end of March", but I'm assuming as these things go this means, exactly end of March. That was the information I was provided and it comes from the same person who gave me the exact T-Mobile release date and the mention that we were getting a Verizon version shortly after way before the announcement. He would know.

It's not from a VZ rep, I promise. I more of a Phandroid poster so doubt I will come back here to saying anything else, but there it is. So unless they have any technical issues N1 here we come.
    i hope your right. it will be inline with the original rumored 3/23 date. i disagree with xsa, yes we all know its being released by google and not vzw but think they would get a courtisty heads up since its thier network. no one knows nothing concrete yet, its all specultive and fun and games untill something is announced

I wish I could ask, but I'm not being greedy. All of this is never worth someone losing their job for. I would assume based on the T-mobile history and the likelihood that the HTC incredible will be released shortly after, that it won't be sold in stores.

My debate for the two phones are the level VZ support or not. Not sure we can depend on Google completely at this point in their infancy of selling phones.

But, now that it seems the HTC keyboard works and that a full Desires rom, with Sense will be working on the N!, the N1 is looking better and better. I can't wait forever, for the incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Google1 View Post

I really really really really really really hope that it comes out by the end of March! But I'm so impatient and I'm using an old Samsung Alias that is half chewed up by my dog. I just wonder what is taking so long...

If the T-Mobile deal is any indication, don't expect to be able to use your new every 2 to get a discount on the N1. Assuming the sales arrangements go similar to what T-Mobile is doing, you buy the phone from Google, not Verizon. New customers get the big discount, existing customers don't.

But even so, it turns out that in the long run, buying the phone outright with no contract is cheaper than getting the phone with a contract and the discount (on T-Mobile you save about $130 over the life of the contract).

Either way, you'll have to pay full phone price if you are mid-contract and want to stay in that contract.

I keep seeing that the Verizon version of the N1 is going to use CDMA. I believe T-Mobile uses GSM? So will users be able to switch between the two carriers?

Page 8 of 400 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links