It's 1/26 and still no N1 on Verizon. That is all.

This is a discussion on It's 1/26 and still no N1 on Verizon. That is all. within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; [QUOTE] johnny crizzle tmobile is only small in the us. as a company it is MUCH larger than verizon. tmobile is number 7 in the ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: It's 1/26 and still no N1 on Verizon. That is all.

[QUOTE]
    johnny crizzle
    tmobile is only small in the us. as a company it is MUCH larger than verizon. tmobile is number 7 in the world with verizon arond number 20. tmobile also released 7.2making it super fast the fall back is a small us footprint for 3g. i am no fanboy, just the facts. in chicago tmobile is great

The name Vodafone comes from voice data fone, chosen by the company to "reflect the provision of voice and data services over mobile phones".[7]
    Vodafone owns 45% of Verizon Wireless, the largest wireless telecommunications network in the United States, based on number of subscribers.

Vodafone is the world's largest mobile telecommunication network company, based on revenue, and has a market value of about 71.2 billion (November 2009).[2] It currently has operations in 31 countries and partner networks in a further 40 countries.[3] Based on subscribers, it is the world's second largest mobile phone operator behind China Mobile, with over 427 million subscribers in 31 markets across 5 continents as of 2009[update].

Quote Originally Posted by truelambdag View Post
    i second that... im getting tired of my omnia too.. and my gf got the droid eris a while back, and im actually jealous.. the omnia is TONS more capable, but its such a pain... i just want the n1 already.. my upgrade is in april, so hopefully theyll release it then.. i cant wait for either things, i want to smash my phone every other hour
    My collegues all have androids and iphones...not that the omnia is a terrible phone, I am just tired of of drooling over their phones.. I need something soon. Not a big fan of winmobile

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoatLantern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by deadwood View Post
    I am about to destroy my Storm.
    I am in the same boat as you, at first I loved my storm now, with all the memory leaks and that damn loading clock I'm about ready to toss the SOB out the window...
    I'm going to throw my Storm into a storm drain. Waiting, waiting, waiting.

none of this information is new to me. Vodafone is not verizon, they are a partial owner. this has no bearing on what i said

[quote=Droidoholic;15236]
    johnny crizzle
    tmobile is only small in the us. as a company it is MUCH larger than verizon. tmobile is number 7 in the world with verizon arond number 20. tmobile also released 7.2making it super fast the fall back is a small us footprint for 3g. i am no fanboy, just the facts. in chicago tmobile is great

The name Vodafone comes from voice data fone, chosen by the company to "reflect the provision of voice and data services over mobile phones".[7]
    Vodafone owns 45% of Verizon Wireless, the largest wireless telecommunications network in the United States, based on number of subscribers.

Vodafone is the world's largest mobile telecommunication network company, based on revenue, and has a market value of about 71.2 billion (November 2009).[2] It currently has operations in 31 countries and partner networks in a further 40 countries.[3] Based on subscribers, it is the world's second largest mobile phone operator behind China Mobile, with over 427 million subscribers in 31 markets across 5 continents as of 2009[update].

This is to all the Verizon fanboys who compare T-Mobile to a Kia. You are full of it! Verizon's added coverage in small towns is the only real advantage you have. And that advantage is not worth paying nearly double for the same services for most people. A better comparison would be that T-Mobile is a Honda. Verizon is An Acura. Both are good and reliable but one costs alot more and has some more bells and whistles.

I have a N1 and am in Albuquerque and have done simultaneous speed tests with a few freinds here in multiple different locations. One has an IPhone on ATT and the other has a storm on Verizon. My speeds are constantly faster than the Iphone and tend to closely match the Verizon phone. I and the verizon storm average around 1 Meg down. The IPhone 3g averages around 400 to 600 kbps. They couldent believe I was getting equal or faster speeds at nearly half the price!! I recently went on a ski trip out of town with these freinds and this is the Only time the Verizon phone did better. If you are the type of person who is always driving around in really small Otowns t mobile will work but not on 3g all the time. If you are the type who spends 90 percent of your time in cities tmoble is great.

I pay 69.00 for unlimited minutes texts and internet. You will pay more for Verizon and ATT. Tmobile support has always been great and I never get any surprise high bills like I did when I had sprint.

Some People in here will try to scare you into thinking that T-Mobile has horrible coverage and to wait and pay more for verizon. I would say only pay more for Verizon if you are the type who constantly travels by car out of towns. The fact is I and many others get great coverage with T-Mobile. My phone stays in 3G 95 percent of the time and my speeds are faster than or equal to Verizon.

[QUOTE=johnny cizzle;15650]none of this information is new to me. Vodafone is not verizon, they are a partial owner. this has no bearing on what i said

[quote=Droidoholic;15236][QUOTE]
    johnny crizzle
    Don't want to get into a cat fight with you over this, if we lived in europe then yes you would be with a larger provider only because VZW doesn't provide service there...but we dont and here in the states VZW is the big boy on the block. Just because Tmobile is big in europe doesn't mean good service for the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Catch22 View Post
    This is to all the Verizon fanboys who compare T-Mobile to a Kia. You are full of it! Verizon's added coverage in small towns is the only real advantage you have. And that advantage is not worth paying nearly double for the same services for most people. A better comparison would be that T-Mobile is a Honda. Verizon is An Acura. Both are good and reliable but one costs alot more and has some more bells and whistles.

I have a N1 and am in Albuquerque and have done simultaneous speed tests with a few freinds here in multiple different locations. One has an IPhone on ATT and the other has a storm on Verizon. My speeds are constantly faster than the Iphone and tend to closely match the Verizon phone. I and the verizon storm average around 1 Meg down. The IPhone 3g averages around 400 to 600 kbps. They couldent believe I was getting equal or faster speeds at nearly half the price!! I recently went on a ski trip out of town with these freinds and this is the Only time the Verizon phone did better. If you are the type of person who is always driving around in really small Otowns t mobile will work but not on 3g all the time. If you are the type who spends 90 percent of your time in cities tmoble is great.

I pay 69.00 for unlimited minutes texts and internet. You will pay more for Verizon and ATT. Tmobile support has always been great and I never get any surprise high bills like I did when I had sprint.

Some People in here will try to scare you into thinking that T-Mobile has horrible coverage and to wait and pay more for verizon. I would say only pay more for Verizon if you are the type who constantly travels by car out of towns. The fact is I and many others get great coverage with T-Mobile. My phone stays in 3G 95 percent of the time and my speeds are faster than or equal to Verizon.
    Deutsche Telekom eyes IPO for troubled T-Mobile USA unit

just alittle more info for you Tmobile fanboys.Check out the link. And why do you think Tmobile has to offer those type of packages... to try to capture a share of the market. If there services were on par with VZW or even ATT for that matter they would be charging the same bottomline. Please don't try to compare networks it just a losing battle. Hands down VZW has the best network right now in North America period. I had Tmobile for a couple of years, I was tired of the poor reception. I choose to spend a little more money to get better service. Like that old saying you get what you pay for.

Quote Originally Posted by overthehill View Post
    My wife's contract with Verizon is up next week. I visitied a Verizon store here in the San Diego area and asked about the Nexus One. The gal there told me they expect it around April. Not sure if she really knows the date, but April seems to be the word.

We decided to wait and my wife will keep her LG until April. We love Verizon since we rarely get dropouts! I travel extensively and the only time I lose a call or cannot connect within the US is when I am in the middle of the desert or in the mountains.

My two daughters have the iPhone and were trying to talk my wife into switching. Now they are both now experiencing significant dropouts on the AT&T network. Several times a day. This scares us both away from AT&T. What good is a great phone if you cannot get reliable connections?

Finally we were thinking about T-Mobile, but from what I hear, their coverage is not good once you get out of the city. Any comments on that would be appreciated.

It sounds like we're in the same boat bud. My wife and I want(ed) the iPhone so bad for years now, but because of the negative AT&T experience by others, and our own, we just can't switch off Verizon. We've had Verizon for 12 years from Rhode Island to West Virginia and never have dropped calls. we tried AT&T 2 years ago and we had more dropped calls in the first weekend then we did the previous 10 years with Verizon. Needless to say we returned the phones and stuck with our Verizon.

Because of experiences like this, I'm extremely loyal (not fanboy) to Verizon for it's superior service and coverage. Our contracts are up this month and we're itching to renew with some nice new smartphones. We've tossed back and forth about the Pre Plus w/Pixi deal, the BOGO Curve 8530 deal, and the Droid Eris BOGO deal. I'm leaning towards the Eris` actually but damnit I want the Nexus One and can't hardly wait any longer.

I'm almost ready to get the BOGO Eris deal and just see what happens...maybe I'll buy the Nexus one out right when it comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Catch22 View Post

AT&T has the fastest 3G netwok. I get 2.9Mbs by my house on 3G not wifi which is almost 3 times faster then yours....

With that said I'll still most likely be getting a Droid/N1 unless I hear Apple is doing some major overhauling with the OS.

Haha you guys are hilarious. I am telling you my experience. and you guys spout some useless stuff that we hear everyday in the commercials. My Experience is that my t-mobile nexus one running in 3G at 4 different locations around my town worked as well or better when comparing internet speeds to 2 friends with a bold on Verizon 3g and a iphone on ATT 3G. I am not talking Wifi Im talking 3G. We did this test by using the CNET bandwidth meter on all three phones all at the same time and all with wifi shut off.

Obviously this does not mean everyone would have these same results in every city or location. But for ME I am not loosing out on anything by using Tmobile and not Verizon or ATT. I freaking pay almost half what you would pay for unlimited everything and my speeds so far have tested equal or better. So I am one happy customer and I want others who are making the decision to know that Tmobile can be the best deal for many people.

So please Stop telling everyone that Verizon or ATT is always better than T-Mobile. I Think Verizon and ATT are great services as well but for many people T-mobile is a perfect solution and they wont be giving up much if anything and they will have more money in their pocket..
    yes Verizon and ATT have more coverage areas. This is a huge deal if you are a constant traveller. If you stay in cities most of the time T-Moble can be a great service. And many say it will be the fastest service nationwide once the 7.2 upgrades are completed THIS YEAR.

you guys should just admit that T-Mobile is a Great service just like ATT and Verizon are great services. They all have different pros and cons and nobody here or anywhere can say one is the best because they all are the best in different ways.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links