Transfering stuff..

This is a discussion on Transfering stuff.. within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Does anyone know how the tranfer of all our contacts from one phone to Nexus One happens.. Do I need to start transfering it all ...

Thread: Transfering stuff..

Transfering stuff..

Does anyone know how the tranfer of all our contacts from one phone to Nexus One happens.. Do I need to start transfering it all to google for when the phone sync's? Will Verizon be able to do it? Just curious?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Here's what I did: Got the N1 stand alone with no SIM. Stuck in my SIM from old carrier. Copied the contacts to phone. Removed the old SIM. Installed the SIM from new carrier. Sync'd with Gmail. Copied the contacts to SD card. I didn't have all my contacts at Gmail, only some of them.

If you're changing from one incompatible carrier to another (example: ATT to Verizon) then your idea about moving all that info to Gmail is likely the best way to do it. Once you sync Gmail to the Nexus, all your contacts will show up. Then you can copy that data to the SD card, which is the best place to keep it.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links