Early Termination

This is a discussion on Early Termination within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; I have a Verizon Storm and have 5 months left on my 2 yr contract. Will Verizon let me pay early term fees so that ...

Thread: Early Termination

Early Termination

I have a Verizon Storm and have 5 months left on my 2 yr contract. Will Verizon let me pay early term fees so that I could get the Nexus One?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by Ric WRX View Post
    I have a Verizon Storm and have 5 months left on my 2 yr contract. Will Verizon let me pay early term fees so that I could get the Nexus One?
    The nexus is coming to Verizon soon. You could just buy the phone out right and not re-up your contract. You would pay more for the phone but wouldn't have to pay the early termination fee.

I don't want to pay $500 for the phone and if I bought the phone I would not be able to use Verizon. I just want to get the phone and still use Verizon, I have been with them for13 years.

Best bet is to talk them into letting you get an early upgrade, it may or may not work depends on how passionate you are and who you get to speak with about it. And don't be afraid to bluff them by telling them you are willing to walk away. Remember that despite the fact that they would take an initial hit on the phone by appeasing you it's better than losing thousands of dollars by losing your contract and guaranteed money over a 2 year contract.

I was able to get an early upgrade from verizon just about a month ago. Somehow, my LG Dare's screen cracked. I took it to a verizon wireless store. I told them how dissapointed I was and I refused to pay $50 for another Dare that may break again due to it's resistive touch screen. I even told them that I would rather go switch to AT&T and get an iphone. The manager eventually gave in and gave me an early upgrade that would let me get any phone at the discounted 2 year price. Unfortunately, my contract was extended another 2 years but I ended up with a Motorola Droid which I plan to sell in order to get the Nexus One. And btw, with Verizon Wireless, you are eligible for an upgrade 20 months after the contract extension. 24 months is the amount of time until the contract expires and when you are free to leave verizon. Technically, if you didn't know this, then you only have to wait one month for an upgrade, and the Nexus One isn't released for another month anyways so... Hope this helps.

P.S. Speak to the manager, they usually make things happen!

Thanks to everyone
    Ric

Quote Originally Posted by Ric WRX View Post
    I don't want to pay $500 for the phone and if I bought the phone I would not be able to use Verizon. I just want to get the phone and still use Verizon, I have been with them for13 years.
    copy and pasted from Verizon's website :

Questions & Answers
    How is my upgrade price calculated?
    By extending your contract, you may qualify for a discounted price, depending on when you last purchased a new phone at a discounted price, and your contract term.
    - Customers on a one-year contract may upgrade at a discounted price after 10 months.
    - Customers on a two-year contract may upgrade at a discounted price after just 20 months.
    Plus, if you're currently enrolled in our New Every Two program*, you will be eligible for an additional discount with a two-year contract extension.

Annual Upgrade available for My Verizon customers
    You can get a new phone every year with Annual Upgrade. Sign up for a 2-year agreement on a calling plan of at least $49.99 and you can purchase a new phone at its promotional price through My Verizon every year with a 2-year renewal (upgrade fee may apply).

New Every Two Program*
    If you enrolled in the program prior to February 15, 2009 and continued to meet the requirements of the program, you will qualify for a free phone up to a $50 or $100 value, depending on the monthly access of your plan.

If you enrolled in the program on or after February 15, 2009, you will qualify for a free phone up to a $30 or $50 value, depending on the monthly access of your plan.

Not currently enrolled in New Every Two?
    You can still upgrade to a new phone. For future upgrades, you can enroll by agreeing to a new two-year term on a calling plan with a monthly access of $34.99 or higher. You will be eligible to take advantage of the phone offer at the end of the two-year term.

Hello all, I registered just to ask this question. I've been reading every scrap of Nexus One-related info I can find for the last couple of weeks. I really want this phone and will probably get it when VZW finally gets it. Anyway, here's my question. Does anyone think VZW will have a similar upgrade policy to what T-Mobile has with the N1? In case it's not commonly known, you can only get the $180 price at T-Mobile if you are a NEW customer. If you are an existing T-Mobile customer, your price is $280, regardless of your contract situation. Even if you are nut currently under contract, i.e. eligible for upgrade pricing, you still don't get the lowest price. I'm afraid VZW will pull the same thing. Any thoughts?

It would all depend on the comission that thr big red pays google for the plan. Verizon is almost certainly going to pay google a smaller comission for existing vzw customers than new ones so google will charge more for the phone to make up for this deficit (and then some probably). I'm just glad I set aside $400 last october just to buy a new phone.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links