Switching carriers to VZW

This is a discussion on Switching carriers to VZW within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Fed up with roaming and not receiving my phone calls, I had decided to drop my carrier (got out of my ETF's) and port my ...

Thread: Switching carriers to VZW

Question Switching carriers to VZW

Fed up with roaming and not receiving my phone calls, I had decided to drop my carrier (got out of my ETF's) and port my number to VZW in long anticipation of the Nexus One. Unfortunately, you only have 30 days to complete the port. (3/20/10 is my DOOM day) I have been getting different info from VZW reps. I've been told that if I use prepay (until Nexus One arrival and sign new 2 yr contract) I would have to keep my phone number with that service for 90 days! I'm aware of the 30 days satisfaction so was extremely excited about getting a 'eh' phone (Eris) and switching out (as long as it drops before April 19th then who knows if the Incredible will be available by then?). With all this jibjab about only being able to get the Nexus One online, does anyone know if this will be feasible? Still being able to switch out on a 30day satisfaction when the phone is only available through Google? ::Still, patiently waiting:: thanks for the info

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Okay, so I was forced to bite the bullet yesterday signed onto a 2yrcnt, and got the Eris but only after I made sure I would be able to switch with no problem. (c'mon Nexus I only have 30 days!). Treading water lightly, I asked why the Devour wasn't on the website for purchase but was in local stores (ie walmart, best-buy) she said they are changing the online website adding new phoneS on March 25th. Devour being one of them and she wasn't sure of the other?? (could this quite possibly be the Incredible? so soon? if HTC was shipping phones to google humm) Of coarse when I asked about the Nexus and Incredible and she said she didn't have word (ya, ya ya already) but assured me I would have zero problems switching the phone out for the Nexus One, they would simply bill me the extra moneys. Duno, but just enough to keep me hanging on

Quote Originally Posted by bnilloc View Post
    Okay, so I was forced to bite the bullet yesterday signed onto a 2yrcnt, and got the Eris but only after I made sure I would be able to switch with no problem. (c'mon Nexus I only have 30 days!). Treading water lightly, I asked why the Devour wasn't on the website for purchase but was in local stores (ie walmart, best-buy) she said they are changing the online website adding new phoneS on March 25th. Devour being one of them and she wasn't sure of the other?? (could this quite possibly be the Incredible? so soon? if HTC was shipping phones to google humm) Of coarse when I asked about the Nexus and Incredible and she said she didn't have word (ya, ya ya already) but assured me I would have zero problems switching the phone out for the Nexus One, they would simply bill me the extra moneys. Duno, but just enough to keep me hanging on
    Sounds like a good deal to me. Hope it works out for you. It is possible that the Incredible is one of those new phones...I have seen April 1 thrown around a few different places as the potential release date for the Incredible. It still seems a bit early considering we still dont know much about the phone, but it is always possible.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links