Family plan?

This is a discussion on Family plan? within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Hello everyone. I've been following the forum and just decided to register. Wanted to share some quick info with you. I had emailed verizon with ...

Thread: Family plan?

Family plan?

Hello everyone. I've been following the forum and just decided to register. Wanted to share some quick info with you. I had emailed verizon with a basic contract question, but while I emailed them, I figured I would ask if they knew anything about the nexus one and the plans that it will come with. After the person emailed me back, he said he didn't have much info on the nexus' plans it would come out with. About an hour later, the same person that emailed me, called me personally to talk about the nexus since he didn't quite answer my question in the email. Basically said the nexus, once it hits verizon soon, would count as one of their 3G phones. As such, he said there is no reason why it should not be able to be used on a Family share plan, like the one I am currently on, and like all other 3G phones they sell. Hopefully this holds true, as I firmly believe Verizon and only Verizon would dictate which plans were available for the nexus. Hell, I was just impressed that I got a call from him! Obviously it's nothing official but when he said there should be absolutely no problems for me to choose the phone on the family plan i'm on, I was happy and hopeful.

by the way i'm hoping this forum is a bit nicer than another one I was on before (rhymes with blackberry). lotta uptight people there! Cheers!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by Mike2587 View Post
    Hello everyone. I've been following the forum and just decided to register. Wanted to share some quick info with you. I had emailed verizon with a basic contract question, but while I emailed them, I figured I would ask if they knew anything about the nexus one and the plans that it will come with. After the person emailed me back, he said he didn't have much info on the nexus' plans it would come out with. About an hour later, the same person that emailed me, called me personally to talk about the nexus since he didn't quite answer my question in the email. Basically said the nexus, once it hits verizon soon, would count as one of their 3G phones. As such, he said there is no reason why it should not be able to be used on a Family share plan, like the one I am currently on, and like all other 3G phones they sell. Hopefully this holds true, as I firmly believe Verizon and only Verizon would dictate which plans were available for the nexus. Hell, I was just impressed that I got a call from him! Obviously it's nothing official but when he said there should be absolutely no problems for me to choose the phone on the family plan i'm on, I was happy and hopeful.

by the way i'm hoping this forum is a bit nicer than another one I was on before (rhymes with blackberry). lotta uptight people there! Cheers!
    Welcome...and you are in good company here. Lots of people looking forward to and anticipating the release of the Verizon N1.

I think the question out of what you were told is will there be the opportunity to buy the N1 at a discounted rate to put it on a family plan. As I understand it (with T-Mobile), the only way to get it on a family plan was to buy the unsubsidized phone at the full price, add a line to your current family plan, then activate the phone as the additional line on the family plan.

With T-Mobile, there was no way to purchase the N1 at the upgrade price and add it to a Family Plan. You either had to sign a new 2 year contract, or upgrade your existing non-family plan contract. I hope Verizon allows you to purchase the N1 at a lower cost while adding it to the Family plan. I know that was a big road block for a lot of people when it came to getting the phone.

Thanks! Right, I understand what you're saying and it's definitely a good question. The way he was talking about it, he kept referring to how they sell all other 3G phones (and how the nexus would be the same), so I got the impression that it would be the same plan and discount availability as with the other smartphones. Obviously my impression and the facts can be totally different. Hopefully that's how it ends up being but time will tell! Might know by this time next week?

Yeah, I came from Crackberry too... a lot of scumbags there. People here (and android forums) are nice.

That'd be great news if what that Verizon rep said is true

Quote Originally Posted by rgrmatt69 View Post

Yeah, I came from Crackberry too... a lot of scumbags there. People here (and android forums) are nice.

That'd be great news if what that Verizon rep said is true

haha that's the place! Yes it would! I expect AT LEAST a release date confirmation next week. Can't wait!

I agree...im hoping they give us something on the 23rd (if not the full release of the N1). If they end up not releasing, Id like to know when I can get it for certain.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

Google better get there stuff together and make the N1 eligible for my Family plan or I will be pi$$d
    VZW Nexus One PLZ

Agreed. Perhaps they announce the availablity of it on a family plan with BOTH tmobile and verizon when the phone is available for verizon? No reason to think t-mobiles plans won't change, and AT&T's for that matter. I have read that some people on t-mobile were allowed to sign up for the N1 plan on google.com, and then tmobile allowed them to just be added back on to their previous family plan.

Agreed. Perhaps they announce the availablity of it on a family plan with BOTH tmobile and verizon when the phone is available for verizon? No reason to think t-mobiles plans won't change, and AT&T's for that matter. I have read that some people on t-mobile were allowed to sign up for the N1 plan on google.com, and then tmobile allowed them to just be added back on to their previous family plan.
    That would be nice...we will just have to wait and see.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links