HTC Incredible and Nexus One?

This is a discussion on HTC Incredible and Nexus One? within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; I was doing my usually morning rounds, checking on the Verizon debut of the Nexus One only to find this article: HTC Incredible Could Launch ...

Thread: HTC Incredible and Nexus One?

Question HTC Incredible and Nexus One?

I was doing my usually morning rounds, checking on the Verizon debut of the Nexus One only to find this article: HTC Incredible Could Launch from Verizon in Two Weeks

I really want the Nexus One, but I was just wondering what the differences are between the HTC Incredible and the Nexus One?

What is Sense UI?

What would be the pros and cons of choosing each phone?

Thank you in advance,

-Miranda

P.S.-I think that I still want the N1 though >.<

:nexusx:

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by MariposaNegra17 View Post
    I was doing my usually morning rounds, checking on the Verizon debut of the Nexus One only to find this article: HTC Incredible Could Launch from Verizon in Two Weeks

I really want the Nexus One, but I was just wondering what the differences are between the HTC Incredible and the Nexus One?

What is Sense UI?

Thank you in advance,

-Miranda

Sense UI is HTC's topper to Android OS. Some people like it, I personally do not. It can give you some new features, but my main beef is the delay in receiving updates to the Android OS. Because of Sense, there could be a 2-3 month delay before you receive the update.

Pro's for N1
    - Its THE Google phone - no messing with that
    - Better looking - the Inc is just ugly
    - Full 1GHz Proc - Inc. is underclocked at 768MHz
    - Non-Sense UI - true google experience with immediate updates
    - did I mention its better looking?

Pro's for the Incredible
    - 8MP Camera - N1 has a 5MP camera
    - 6 GB Flash - N1 has 4GB Micro-SD

Among others.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

Quote Originally Posted by jaeisber View Post

What is Sense UI?

Thank you in advance,

-Miranda

Sense UI is HTC's topper to Android OS. Some people like it, I personally do not. It can give you some new features, but my main beef is the delay in receiving updates to the Android OS. Because of Sense, there could be a 2-3 month delay before you receive the update.

Pro's for N1

Pro's for the Incredible

Among others.
    Thank you!!!

Good and valid points....I think that I am sticking it out for the Nexus One...however long that will be >.<

What is Sense UI?

Thank you in advance,

-Miranda

Pro's for N1

Pro's for the Incredible

Among others.
    Thank you!!!

Good and valid points....I think that I am sticking it out for the Nexus One...however long that will be >.<
    Good choice
    Bought the AT&T N1.

Pro's for N1

Pro's for the Incredible

Among others.

I too came across the same article and I did some research. They are just about identical in size and the Incredible is actually a bit lighter. The screen is the same as well. The reason for the slower clock speed to to save power and heat. ( Personally I would choose the extra battery life)

The Incredible also does not have the multi-touch problem the N1 has. There is no roller ball. (We all know the problems RIM had with the Blackberrys roller ball)

Yes it does use the Sense UI. But I don't understand why a different GUI (which is what it basically is) would have any effect on the time frame of updates.

I am not trying to dis the N1 at all. I think it all comes down to personal preference. For me it all comes down to the price tag on these. I am sure I will be happy with either.

True, they are very similar and based pretty much on the same hardware.

The multi-touch issues the N1 is having are likely software related and possibly fixed by now. We will have to wait and see on that though.

And for the roller ball...you dont have to use it. Everyone that has mentioned the roller ball on here has said that they like and it works really well. It would come in handy when you are trying to do things like selecting a group of items or copying and pasting text. Its a personal preference, but Ive heard no issues with the roller ball on the N1.

As for the updates with Sense...it is essentially an entirely different OS than Vanilla Android. It needs to be re-developed in a sense after a new release of Android. Think about it this way...Android 2.5 gets released. Once it is released, HTC then has to take that OS and then put Sense on top of it. THey have to go through testing, debugging, etc before they can push out an update to the Sense Android phones...this type of development and testing can take a significant amount of time if there are big changes in the Android platform.

But like you said, it all comes down to personal preference. I would never get the Incredible because I think the phone itself is hideous, regardless of what features it has.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

I'd have to go along with the personal preference line of thinking. I'm inclined to go with the Incredible. I can't imagine missing that extra 232Mhz but time will tell. I will almost certainly modify it after some time and will find a suitable balance between clock speed and battery usage. Sense UI is a non-issue for me. An ugly handset can have it's advantages too, others are usually less likely to swipe ugly....my two coins...

i found out today that it will have the optin to turn off sense and run regular android
    If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it's possible that I'm a little too awesome.

Member im a android but thats ok's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny cizzle View Post
    i found out today that it will have the optin to turn off sense and run regular android
    that is correct to a point. sense will still run to a certain extent and will not be completely turned off (if that makes any no pun intended sense at all). you still will not be able to get updates any quicker if you turn off sense as it is intergated into android and will still have to wait. for the record i have decided on getting the incredible because i like the sense interface. to each his own. eventually i think android will come up with eye candy that sense invokes but comes down to perference.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links